Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes (768 Views)

Get Complete Web Design, Development,programming Video Ilorin Residents / How To Get Web Design / Development Jobs - Useful Tips For Newbies! / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2007
was looking to see if someone had already started up a thread like this, where u ask questions and those who are in the know put u throgh. Somewhere u can make known the bugs u have and get help, none, tht's why i'm creating this.
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
i'm trying to do this nifty thing. i use squirell mail for most of my sites, i dont want clients going to a link like www.clientssite.com/webmail so as to log into their mail boxes, presently i put up a link or button on the home page with the label "Staff Login" which redirects to the page where they login. but been thinking of a script to use to put a login field right in the homepage so when the user signs in there it takes the user directly to the mailbox.
Here's the concept
the user gives in the login details, then the script acts as the midleman and actually feeds in the login details into squirell mail login page(this is done at the background) and then comes up with ur mail box.
Any ideas?
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by Neptune(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2007
there are only a few people who can help u with that here. me i don't know jack about programming/scripts. but if u dont get ur answers here, try posting this topic in the programming area. there a some smart guys there.
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2007
ok, thanks a lot
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by my2cents(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2007
Off the top of my head, you might want to look at adding this functionality via an iframe. It would work like adding google maps to your page: You pass in the URL of the login page as the source, define the height and width and that should probably do it. Another option would probably be to see if squirrel mail has some sort of web service that would enable you to access their login page directly from your site. Amazon does it and others do it as well.

Note: I haven't actually done these. As I said above, these are off the top of my head. There could be better options.
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2007
i like both suggestions, the first one u made might work because my head was telling me same thing but i just needed a second voice like yours to at least confirm i wazntthinking insane. I was also thinking Squirell mail will have a webserveice or an API that i can addon, officially i don't think they do, i'm still searching. i'll really hit on the iframe idea. thanks
Cheers.
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2007
thanks neptune, my2cents.
its working now, the iframe worked on it

<iframe
src ="your link here"
width="100%">
</iframe>
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by my2cents(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2007
good dual,

at least that goes to show that the igbo i used to smoke as a kid hasn't damaged all of my brain cells tongue

seriously though, I am happy to have been of service.

Happy new year!!
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2007
yea man, thanks see where i implemented the iframe thing http://www.ocogroup.com/login.htm
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by Neptune(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2007
when i first replied to this topic (honestly) i wanted to say wait for my2cents. He's one of the FEW i mentioned earlier. now see. he he he! wink
Re: Web Design/development Bugs And Fixes by DualCore1: 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2007
he he, una too much
Respect!!!

(1) (Reply)

Css / If You Need The Services Of An Advertising Agency Click Here / Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.