Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,512 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* (1767 Views)

Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Nas Vs Jayz / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by IShine(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
[img]http://finbarrsoketunji.free.fr/niggers08.jpg[/img]

Eyebrows were raised when Nas revealed the title of his upcoming album and hip-hop heads around the universe started casting stones at him for his usage of the N-word, even though some critics believe knowledge will flow from the beginning of the album to the very end of it; others believe it will do nothing but to raise all racial epithets from the dead. I personal believe homey Nas will pull this off with every pint of blood in his body and with a cover like this I am sure every one should be able to picture in their heads what to expect from this standing on toes awaiting album. This is a case intelligence my fellow hip-hop heads, he is properly dressed, well groomed, and reading a newspaper uhm I am keeping my fingers crossed until the release of the album. *Nigger*
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by PoDeep(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2007
NaS is got a new album?
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by PoDeep(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2007
NaS has got a new album?
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by chiogo(f): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2007

I don't even get it, why are they surprised/mad at d title?? other rappers use it all the time in their songs. wtf?? And he actually used d white folks way of sayin' it not like "nigga". seems to me like he's about to educate them black folks.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by bolajibaok(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2007
nasiru? boring album , boring cos hiphop is dead and was buried with biggie smalls
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by IShine(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2007
@Po Deep: That's the cover of his upcoming album due for 2008.

@Chiogo & bolajibaok:

I have a question for both of you; do you guys listen to hip-hop? If your answer is YES then your knowledge of hip-hop is incomplete, because Nas is one of the few knowledgeable emcees to be living. And, if your answer is NO then I will take it as you’re ignorant about what is called hip-hop. People were surprised merely because of the issue of Don Imus, Don Imus called a black female basketball team “little nappy head hoes” and Rev. Al Sharpton too him to the sword by kicking him off the airwaves because Don Imus is a radio presenter. The American media or should I say the white media backed Don Imus and castigated hip-hop artist that they also should be stripped off their contracts by their record labels for their usage of the N-word, the H-word and the B-word but that is just impossible because the so called whites started the usage of the phrase NIGGER and all hip-hop artists did was to coin the word NIGGER into NIGGA in order to combat the racy word NIGGER. So it was a shocker to see Nas label his upcoming album NIGGER after the existence of hip-hop was threatened by the American media and they asked that hip-hop should be banned. So I hope you understand why heads were banging after Nas revealed the title of the album and that leads to my question, is white community trying to ban hip-hop simply because it’s a black thing? Or simply because they hate the fact that young black males are getting their life together with it or getting wealthy through it? That is left for you to answer because hip-hop isn’t the only genre of music that is affecting the society, lets take Rock as an example and see what damage that genre of music has done and it’s still doing to it’s listeners; I am a Nigerian that reside in Europe and during my high school days I knew quite a huge number of my classmates that dropped out of school because of their usage of cocaine, some couldn’t even continue studying because they got pregnant. Rock is a music that unleash you inner most appetite for sex and drug so the society should called that it should be banned too or they aren’t going to say anything about it because whites dominate that genre of music? Nas said on a track titled HOPE that “And I say what I say, and I mean it/ Y'all take it how you wanna take it/ Cause if you're askin' - Why is hip-hop dead?/ It's a pretty good chance you're the reason it died, man”, so Nas is an erudite person and for him to call an album “hip-hop is dead” then you ought to know there is a reason. And after listening to the entire album I believed he only called the album hip-hop is dead not because hip-hop is truly dead but because you and I are killing hip-hop little by little and instead of new or upcoming artist to learn the art their only concern was to hit the big screen sell platinum’s and quite the stage. Trying taking this to the street and ask the so called hip-hop heads why they are doing music and their responses will make you feel nauseous; whereas hip-hop is meant education, it’s a revolutionary music, a music from the heart that should be delivered to eardrums with the intent to touch souls.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by chiogo(f): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
undecided undecided
Anywayz. . .didn't read your essay.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by bolajibaok(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2007
@i-shine
this nigga nastradamus is from kano , he nigerian , and talking of wack , nas ''hiphop is dead'' album is very wack , couldnt believe the nigga that did illmatic and stillmatic n nastradamus could be so wack on hiphop is dead , doesnt catch my fancy in anyway.HIPHOP IS just DEAD. PERIOD
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by Uche2nna(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2007
I dont really know why people are getting riled up over the title of an album. This is a word that 99 percent of black rappers use today freely. And I am yet to figure out the difference bw Nigger and Nigga. They all sound the same to me. I was listening to a rapper the other day trying to defend the use of the N word in lyrics. Give me a break!!!! Does it matter if U are called a LovePeddler or a HOE undecided
I dont have a problem with someone using the N word but they (African americans) should make up thier mind on what they consider a racially offensive word. If a black man says the N word , its aiiight but if a white man says it then all hell is let loose. Ok, if Nigga is an acceptable form of Nigger , then what about Bitch. How do U defend the use of it in lyrics?

Back to Nas
It is his album and he decided to draw attention to it by using a word that is controversial. The guy is trying to sell his records and what better way to do that than to draw attention to it. His last was HipHop is dead (but he is still in it grin) , another racy title.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by IShine(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2007
Whether it is a publicity stunt or whether it is meant to push some units off the shelve for Nas, he definitely have something to say that is worth listening to; here is the track list and I need everyone to tell me with title of tracks like this Nas doesn't know what he is doing:

Track list

1.Intro
2. Black Legends
3. Rest In Peace
4. You A Nigger Too
5. The Fear Of A Black Man's d*ck
6. I'm Black
7. The Truth
8. Realise
9. Just Memories
10. This Way (featuring Jay-Z)
11. Kisses & Hugs (featuring Kelis)
12. Based on a True Story (featuring Dead Prez)
13. Take A While
14. Nigger
15. Publicity (bonus track)
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by Uche2nna(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2007
Have U listened to any of the tracks, I shine

I hope the lyrical content lives up to the names of these tracks
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by IShine(m): 1:09am On Dec 29, 2007
I haven't heard the album but it's due for 2008 and hoping the names of the tracks would reflect in his message as well
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by eldee(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2007
Anyone that knows Nas will agree with me that he has had among the most eye-catching track titles. I believe Godson has taken a more respctable road to get publicity and album sales. Since the beef with Jay-Z, it has been hard for him to get people to go on to get his message no thanks to the new pop-culture rave in hiphop.

Life's A Bitch
Got Yourself A Gun
Everybody's Crazy
and the one that finally got the attention Hip-hop Is Dead

Of all these ones 'Nigger' has obviously been the boldest of them. I think he has done no wrong since he has always lived up to the expectations put on him as one of the few remaining poets of the golden age of hip-hop. Even if he used the album title to get recognition,I will rather have my fave rapper getting publicity through conroversial issues than by going commercial.

This is also a way to prove to everyone that signing with DefJam will not change anything other than his mode of dressing.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by lazy(m): 1:51am On Jan 04, 2008
eldee:

Anyone that knows Nas will agree with me that he has had among the most eye-catching track titles. I believe Godson has taken a more respctable road to get publicity and album sales. Since the beef with Jay-Z, it has been hard for him to get people to go on to get his message no thanks to the new pop-culture rave in hiphop.

Life's A Bitch
Got Yourself A Gun
Everybody's Crazy
and the one that finally got the attention Hip-hop Is Dead

Of all these ones 'Nigger' has obviously been the boldest of them. I think he has done no wrong since he has always lived up to the expectations put on him as one of the few remaining poets of the golden age of hip-hop. Even if he used the album title to get recognition,I will rather have my fave rapper getting publicity through conroversial issues than by going commercial.

This is also a way to prove to everyone that signing with DefJam will not change anything other than his mode of dressing.

I agree with you about what you said about Nas. Nas is what I would call a "Thug Conscious" artist.and has always be one to educate though his music. I think that his effort to address the word "Nigger" is no different than the books that have been written to address the same issue. He is just using Hip Hop to convey his message and should be given the same respect as those others that tried to address it.

I personally don't use the word because I see no positives out of it or get any from it. I see it as accepting negativity that the European placed on Africans. However, I think it is great that it is coming into the forefront as an issue and being discuss, so people can put their opinions out there.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by alisigwe(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2008
I-Shine:

@Po Deep: That's the cover of his upcoming album due for 2008.

@Chiogo & bolajibaok:

I have a question for both of you; do you guys listen to hip-hop? If your answer is YES then your knowledge of hip-hop is incomplete, because Nas is one of the few knowledgeable emcees to be living. And, if your answer is NO then I will take it as you’re ignorant about what is called hip-hop. People were surprised merely because of the issue of Don Imus, Don Imus called a black female basketball team “little nappy head hoes” and Rev. Al Sharpton too him to the sword by kicking him off the airwaves because Don Imus is a radio presenter. The American media or should I say the white media backed Don Imus and castigated hip-hop artist that they also should be stripped off their contracts by their record labels for their usage of the N-word, the H-word and the B-word but that is just impossible because the so called whites started the usage of the phrase NIGGER and all hip-hop artists did was to coin the word NIGGER into NIGGA in order to combat the racy word NIGGER. So it was a shocker to see Nas label his upcoming album NIGGER after the existence of hip-hop was threatened by the American media and they asked that hip-hop should be banned. So I hope you understand why heads were banging after Nas revealed the title of the album and that leads to my question, is white community trying to ban hip-hop simply because it’s a black thing? Or simply because they hate the fact that young black males are getting their life together with it or getting wealthy through it? That is left for you to answer because hip-hop isn’t the only genre of music that is affecting the society, lets take Rock as an example and see what damage that genre of music has done and it’s still doing to it’s listeners; I am a Nigerian that reside in Europe and during my high school days I knew quite a huge number of my classmates that dropped out of school because of their usage of cocaine, some couldn’t even continue studying because they got pregnant. Rock is a music that unleash you inner most appetite for sex and drug so the society should called that it should be banned too or they aren’t going to say anything about it because whites dominate that genre of music? Nas said on a track titled HOPE that “And I say what I say, and I mean it/ Y'all take it how you want to take it/ Cause if you're askin' - Why is hip-hop dead?/ It's a pretty good chance you're the reason it died, man”, so Nas is an erudite person and for him to call an album “hip-hop is dead” then you ought to know there is a reason. And after listening to the entire album I believed he only called the album hip-hop is dead not because hip-hop is truly dead but because you and I are killing hip-hop little by little and instead of new or upcoming artist to learn the art their only concern was to hit the big screen sell platinum’s and quite the stage. Trying taking this to the street and ask the so called hip-hop heads why they are doing music and their responses will make you feel nauseous; whereas hip-hop is meant education, it’s a revolutionary music, a music from the heart that should be delivered to eardrums with the intent to touch souls.
i agree with u on dis one bro,u are not d only one saying this,kanye west recently said in an interview that ''nas'' in his view represents true hiphop,he called ''nas'' a living legend.i respect his boldness and if he wish to title hs album the ''N'' word i think it's to bring black folks back to the reason why Hip hop is still breathing.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by alisigwe(m): 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
actually i agree with i-shine on dis one,nas represents d struggles and challenges faced by Hip-hop today,kanye west said recently that he thinks nas is d greatest living rapper now,he called ''nas'' a living legend,so if nas decides to title his album''nigger'' i think it's to remind black folks d reason why hip-hop is still breathing.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by frgy1: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
its not only kanye that thinks nas is a living legend. jay z himself said in an interview that nas is one of the greatest lyricist ever.i watched the interview on mtv. now ask yourselves , is hip hop not dead? with the likes of soulja boy, mims ,etc claiming they are great MCs. and if u no feel the album, that means you are one of those that listen to singles and dance tracks only.

i am very positive that he title of the upcoming album will be targeted at showing racial equality. and make the "niggers" aware of who they are and what is expected of them.

though the word is a derogatory word used to refer to black people, but the use of it by the black Americans on them selfs was in an attempt to make the best of a bad situation
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by ritchboy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2008
"hip hop is dead" , dats just a phrase used by d less successful rappers to justify their under-achievement.
"nigger" , now dats just sheer desperation.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by frgy1: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
richboy!!!
it is so obvious that ur wealth doesn't extend to the knowledge of hiphop.
i bet you favorite rapper is soulja boy!! cheesy
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by ritchboy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2008
Fergy
i no more about hip hop dan all u knuckle heads put together.
As for souljah boy,the dude is a GENIUS.I mean he is by far the worst lyricist in the game(ma 2 year old nephew wud do beta), but using the internet he gives himself some mad promo,comes up wid a crazy ass dance,managed to stay ontop da charts for months and has sold over 600 thousand cd's.PICK THAT OUT!!!!!
for the record,my favorite MC is jadakiss,no one else even comes close.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by jerrymania(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2008
My God player haters better bite the dust, this is gona be a classic. Nas is a Conscious Nigger and when he says it this way its the truth, because thats what Rap Poets represent e.g Tupac.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by frgy1: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2008
well richboy, i do not dispute all you've said.but 1 question. those that mean that soulja boy is a great rapper? despite 50's success, we all know where ha stands wen it comes to lyrics. financial success is not a function of lyrical prowess.i am impress with your favorite rapper. as u know, with jada, hes one of the illest lyricist in hip hop but he has not enjoyed as much financial success as his talent deserves.i love that his lyrical intercourse with styls p "shoot out"
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by ritchboy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
U worth about a QUARTER, n errthangs bad for a nigga nowadays so we drink a lot o' WATER.Talkin 'bout u so rich,nigga u so bitchh,ur parents prolly tink they got a DAUGHTER.
So pop him in his head til his brains start to FIZZ ON HIM,i didnt sel ma soul to da devil i bought HIS FROM HIM.
waitin on da day they say jesus gon COME,so God bless yall niggas cuz am sneezin wid ma GUN.
ha-CHU BLESS YOU,if u aint d-block or double r nigga no doubt am a STRETCH YOU.
these niggaz iz illllll.
Re: Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* by jerrymania(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
ritchboy:

Fergy
i no more about hip hop dan all u knuckle heads put together.
As for souljah boy,the dude is a GENIUS.I mean he is by far the worst lyricist in the game(ma 2 year old nephew would do beta), but using the internet he gives himself some mad promo,comes up wid a crazy ass dance,managed to stay ontop da charts for months and has sold over 600 thousand cd's.PICK THAT OUT!!!!!
for the record,my favorite MC is jadakiss,no one else even comes close.

even as pathetic as souljah boy he's made fame and some dough too. so ritchy what was his secret? how did he do it? i'll nid to apply his techniques man.

(1) (Reply)

Asa And Beautiful Nubia Collabo / Microphone Manhandler Dismantler / Will He Be The New Prince Of Nigerian R&b ? - Ajah Onu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.