Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? (1315 Views)

Meet 41 New Christians That Converted To Islam In Month of June From One Man / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
according to the bible,the name "jesus" was supposedly handed down to Mary from Gabriel and the bible tried to potray the name as been of immense significance and presumably unique.however,despite the fact that there's insufficient historical accounts for jesus christ,history tells us there were other men named jesus who lived at the same time jesus christ presumably lived.one of them was jesus,son of sapphias who founded a band of mariners famed for its notoriety,another was even more popular and weird.he was a monomaniac who lived out his life screaming "woe unto jerusalem" and continued for seven years till he was stoned to death.history recounts that he was beaten and bruised numerous times but offered no resistance and some have even opined that the myth of jesus christ was probably built around him.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
Delafruita: according to the bible,the name "jesus" was supposedly handed down to Mary from Gabriel and the bible tried to potray the name as been of immense significance and presumably unique.however,despite the fact that there's insufficient historical accounts for jesus christ,history tells us there were other men named jesus who lived at the same time jesus christ presumably lived.one of them was jesus,son of sapphias who founded a band of mariners famed for its notoriety,another was even more popular and weird.he was a monomaniac who lived out his life screaming "woe unto jerusalem" and continued for seven years till he was stoned to death.history recounts that he was beaten and bruised numerous times but offered no resistance and some have even opined that the myth of jesus christ was probably built around him.
wow quite interesting, you believe in other jesuses but the bible Jesus you say He never existed. Wow. By the way where is your link of the other jesuses.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
hisblud: wow quite interesting, you believe in other jesuses but the bible Jesus you say He never existed. Wow. By the way where is your link of the other jesuses.
just in case it escaped your understanding,there is no gospel accounting for any of the other jesuses.their names appeared in the course of records accounts of their deeds.the only historical record of jesus christ is in the bible
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by koolJ1(f): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
His name will be 'Emmanuel' and not 'Jesus'. And yes, Jesus was a popular name back then which means 'Save'
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
kool J: His name will be 'Emmanuel' and not 'Jesus'. And yes, Jesus was a popular name back then which means 'Save'
rotflmao
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
Delafruita:
just in case it escaped your understanding,there is no gospel accounting for any of the other jesuses.their names appeared in the course of records accounts of their deeds.the only historical record of jesus christ is in the bible
where are the so called historical records of those jesuses you spoke of?
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
hisblud: where are the so called historical records of those jesuses you spoke of?
you expect me to cast my pearls before swines?not gonna happen
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by tobechi20(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
B4 jesus christ NO
afta jesus christ YES

E.G JESUS NAVAS, A PLAYER IN SEVILLA FC

1 Like

Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by yemisolar(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
of course Jesus was a common name. we had several people who were bearing the name during Jesus time. have you ever wondered why they called Him Jesus of Nazareth. it was to distinguish naturally Him from others.

the name Jesus is the Greek rendering of the Hebrew name jehoshua which means Jehovah saves. just like Jude and Judas. however He was the only Christ which means the anointed one. the name Jesus Christa means Jesus the annointed one. this i believe is what separates Him from all other jesuses of His time. that is why the epistles almost always mention the christ alongside the Jesus to signify His divine calling
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 22, 2012
Delafruita:
you expect me to cast my pearls before swines?not gonna happen
lol the so called jesuses were figment of your imagination. So u want me to just BELIEVE what you posted as just a fact?
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 22, 2012
tobechi20: B4 jesus christ NO
afta jesus christ YES

like this
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2012
hisblud: lol the so called jesuses were figment of your imagination. So u want me to just BELIEVE what you posted as just a fact?
its very easy.SEEK KNOWLEDGE
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2012
Delafruita:
its very easy.SEEK KNOWLEDGE
dan brown or d m murdock or gnostic knowledge? Which knowledge? By the way, is it according to the bible itself or an allege interpretation that name of Jesus was "unique" to Him.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
hisblud: dan brown or d m murdock or gnostic knowledge? Which knowledge? By the way, is it according to the bible itself or an allege interpretation that name of Jesus was "unique" to Him.
dan brown writes fiction.murdoch is a theorist.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Delafruita:
dan brown writes fiction.murdoch is a theorist.
dan yes, murdock conspiracy theorist corrected, gnostics sure that is where you seeking knowledge from?
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
hisblud: dan yes, murdock conspiracy theorist corrected, gnostics sure that is where you seeking knowledge from?
seek your knowledge from facts of history.read accounts of noted and verifiable historians
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by ijawkid(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
hisblud: where are the so called historical records of those jesuses you spoke of?

There were definitly other Jesuses my bro....

But we know the Jesus we are talking about and who we follow.....

That is Jesus,Gods appointed son and high priest......
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
kool J: His name will be 'Emmanuel' and not 'Jesus'. And yes, Jesus was a popular name back then which means 'Save'
Damn it!! i knew he was an igbo dude angry grin grin
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
ijawkid:

There were definitly other Jesuses my bro....

But we know the Jesus we are talking about and who we follow.....

That is Jesus,Gods appointed son and high priest......
hmm
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by koolJ1(f): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Delafruita:
rotflmao

Y r u laughing? Shocked that someone actually does some research and doesn't come here to spit uncertainties? Jesus was really a very popular name back then as has been shown by previous posts. Now u might wanna direct ur laughter inward.

With ur post, u almost got me thinking u were open to learn. U ever heard of 'Yashua'? That's the Hebrew version of the name Jesus and it also was popular
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
kool J:

Y r u laughing? Shocked that someone actually does some research and doesn't come here to spit uncertainties? Jesus was really a very popular name back then as has been shown by previous posts. Now u might wanna direct ur laughter inward.

With ur post, u almost got me thinking u were open to learn. U ever heard of 'Yashua'? That's the Hebrew version of the name Jesus and it also was popular
kool jour temper.of course i know yashua is a derivative of joshua.and i know it was quite a popular name but i then wonder why the bible attaches special status to the name.for example "at the mention of the name,jesus,all knees shall bow".the name even had to be telegraphed from heaven via AIR GABRIEL.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by mkmyers45(m): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
tobechi20: B4 jesus christ NO
afta jesus christ YES

WTF? Before Jesus hundreds bore the same name and many still do as its just a name in hebrew nothing special...
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
mkmyers45:

WTF? Before Jesus hundreds bore the same name and many still do as its just a name in hebrew nothing special...
jesus is an hebrew name? Na wao
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by Delafruita(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati:
jesus is an hebrew name? Na wao
the hebrew word is yeshwa or yashua.
Re: Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? by ijawkid(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Delafruita:
the hebrew word is yeshwa or yashua.

Ur correct.....

Joshua or Yehoshua is also the hebrew word for Jesus.........

Meaning ::::: ""Yahweh is salvation"

So definitly persons answered ""Yehoshua or Joshua"" b4 Jesus came to the earth and after....

(1) (Reply)

Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? / Facts That Refuted Evolution. / The Church And The Children's Ministry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.