Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (45317 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Black smoke billowed from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel Tuesday night, indicating that cardinals gathered at the Vatican to elect a new pope had not chosen one in the first ballot of their conclave.

Earlier yesterday the secret election to determine the next pontiff got underway as soon as the doors closed behind the 115 Roman Catholic cardinals charged with electing the new pope.

The next round of voting will begin this morning with results revealed by puffs of smoke from the chimney following each ballot. Black smoke symbolizes a negative outcome, while a white smoke means a new occupant of the Seat of St. Peter has been selected.

The concave's senior cardinal, Giovanni Battista Re, led the under-80 cardinal electors who are fit to vote, through an oath of secrecy.

The new pope will lead the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics.

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina has been named Pontiff. He is to be known as Pope Francis.

[size=80pt]WHITE SMOKE[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2013
I posted this in the religion section and got banned and had my topic hidden. My very firs topic on Nairaland. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2013
All eyes are on Rome as the 115 eligible cardinals gather in the Sistine chapel for the second day of Conclave.

There will be four opportunities to vote: twice in the day, and twice later on. To be elected Pontiff, a two-third-majority vote is required. If the first round of voting produces no result, no smoke will be releases from the chimney, and if the second round also produces no result, a black smoke will then be released.

As a side note, I recommend you watch episode 1 of The Borgias.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2013
The longest papal conclave in the last century took five days: the one to elect Benedict XVI, aka absconding pope. (my words)
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Joey82(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2013
The Writer: I posted this in the religion section and got banned and had my topic hidden. My very firs topic on Nairaland. What a shame!

y will u be banned for keeping a watch on the most important election on the planet right now.
if ur claim is true, then the mods in religion section are unforgivable bigots.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
BLACK SMOKE billows from The Chimney, signifying yet another lack of success.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
These people should vote for Cardinal Arinze and get it over with.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by OAM4J: 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Writer: I posted this in the religion section and got banned and had my topic hidden. My very firs topic on Nairaland. What a shame!

You were mistakenly banned by the antispam bot. I have informed the authorities that can do something about it. Hopefully you will be unbanned shortly and your 1st post will become visible.

In the meantime I have to move this thread back to Religion section.

Sorry about it.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Pain(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
God Bless the Pope

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by bunchyproject(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Cool
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Deleahmed: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Cardinal Arinze is above 80yrs na?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pain: God Bless the Pope
Which one? The old one or the about to be elected?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by DammyFx: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
This a very crucial time.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by kentornic: 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
white smoke coming shortly
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Bryancrox(m): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Am not a roman catholic,bt am waitinq 4 result
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you, Blessed are you amongst women, and blessed is fruit of your womb Jesus ! May the new Pope bring Peace to a troubled planet and may many more souls find their cosmic destinies in the cosmic scheme of things, through the mercy of all elite humanoid energies. So Mote It Be!

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by creativemusic: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Morgan1092(m): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Maybe d MOD drink Alomo bitaz
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Black smoke tinz....

Dey wouldn't wanna be in a haste... 2/3 isn't an easy slide.

Racism will surely be at play.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by toluxa1(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wait o, am I the only one seeing Red smoke coming from the chimney? shocked
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by dedons: 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82:

y will u be banned for keeping a watch on the most important election on the planet right now.
if ur claim is true, then the mods in religion section are unforgivable bigots.
what makes you tink that dis is d most important election on earth right now
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by opeoluwa2(f): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
Afam4eva: These people should vote for Cardinal Arinze and get it over with.

You think its nigeria, where everything is by tribalism or nepotism?
They look for the BEST

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by vanstanzy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
*Beaming a mischievous smile* I HOPE I WIN! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by dedons: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
toluxa1: Wait o, am I the only one seeing Red smoke coming from the chimney? shocked
i'm also seeing it o
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
Are the african cardinals eligible?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
-
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by dedons: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bryancrox: Am not a roman catholic,bt am waitinq 4 result
u mean your HIV result
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by vanstanzy(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Writer: Black smoke billowed from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel Tuesday night, indicating that cardinals gathered at the Vatican to elect a new pope had not chosen one in the first ballot of their conclave.

Earlier yesterday the secret election to determine the next pontiff got underway as soon as the doors closed behind the 115 Roman Catholic cardinals charged with electing the new pope.

The next round of voting will begin this morning with results revealed by puffs of smoke from the chimney following each ballot. Black smoke symbolizes a negative outcome, while a white smoke means a new occupant of the Seat of St. Peter has been selected.

The concave's senior cardinal, Giovanni Battista Re, led the under-80 cardinal electors who are fit to vote, through an oath of secrecy.

The new pope will lead the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics.

Goodluck to them all, sorry, i mean "best of luck!" Cos Goodluck has already been taken by Jonathan. grin grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by TableLeg(m): 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
NOT INTERESTED!!!!!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by senatorweedman: 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

they are definately gettin HIGH...

last man standing after blazing JUMBO KALAKU becomes POPEY
Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by dedons: 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Dele.ahmed:

Cardinal Arinze is above 80yrs na?
he'll use his football age

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! by goldfish80(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
toluxa1: Wait o, am I the only one seeing Red smoke coming from the chimney? shocked
I guess Ў☺ΰr house is on fire! Call 911

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'Get Back Your Husband' Church Banner Spotted In Port Harcourt / Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.