Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? (888 Views)

Prophet T.B Joshua Has Dropped One Of His Five Wise Men (see Photo) / SCOAN Prophet T.B Joshua Has Dropped One Of His Five Wise-men / SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? by Lyzbet: 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
Wen it comes 2 matters of d heart, is it ok if personal standards like being a virgin til marriage, or gettin 2 a certain academic level/financial status, or gettin closer 2 God, are reduced or dropped for love? Pls I need mature n practical answers.
Re: Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? by OmoAlata(f): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Seek ye first..............and all other things wink
Re: Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? by yemisolar(m): 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
op, i can start quoting all scriptures and make you feel guilty for what you have not done but that will not help. let us look at the practical side, two things can happen.

on the good side, lets say you decide to sleep with him because you feel you 'love' him and he 'loves' you too but you contact any of the abundant std's and better still you get pregnant. then you get faced with the option of getting abortion to avoid the shame or you have the baby and pause all your life dreams. even if you don't contact any of these, you get marked as another girl he has slept with.

on the bad side, he turns out to be playing on your emotion just because you are in 'love'. and you discover that he has said the same thing he said to you to other girls? you get hurt and you begin to think that all men are like that. this eventually affects the way you relate with men and eventually in your marriage. either way, your life doesn't remain the same.

God will not change his name if you sleep with him or other men but you are the one that is most vulnerable hence the need to be wise in your decision. i agree abstinence is difficult but it is not impossible. coupled with the fact that it is cheap, it has no side effects and you do not have a soul tie if you need to walk away from a relationship.

lastly, 'matters of the heart' as you put it are not different from life issues because after some time, the emotion fades away leaving you with the reality. your standard should be written in your heart and should be the core of your belief. it should also determine who will be your closest friends. if you go the way of the girl next door,then what makes you different from others. i am married and trust me, the GOD way is still the best way.

1 Like

Re: Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
There is no standard higher than LOVE. We, as humans, usually sacrifice love to achieve all those things you mentioned up there. I am talking LOVE, not LUST, though.
Lyzbet: Wen it comes 2 matters of d heart, is it ok if personal standards like being a virgin til marriage, or gettin 2 a certain academic level/financial status, or gettin closer 2 God, are reduced or dropped for love? Pls I need mature n practical answers.
Re: Can Standard's Be Dropped For Love? by Lyzbet: 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
chai, me sef don 4get dis topic

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of The Holyghost/spirit?? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 22 February 2013 Say No To Discouragement By / Who Is Persecuting Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.