Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,318 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? (5769 Views)

Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / The Most Expensive House In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
Fellas, I am presently looking for a house in Enugu, I have checked GRA,Independence layout, Trans Ekulu, New haven and Merryland. I got almost the same price for all the places I got. Two bedroom apartment=300k per year, you must pay for 2years= 600k, plus agent and legal fee [60k and 50k respectively] total = 410,000k. One bedroom apartment or two room selfcon=200 or 240k, one room selfcon= between 150 and 180. All payments are for two years plus about 100 or 120k for agent and the lawyer incharge. Is this not too expensive? Considering that Enugu is just a city for civil servants, no factories or big time businesses. Coal city residents, what's special about Enugu to make it such an expensive city?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Sagewood: 6:40am On Aug 22, 2012
@Poster, I schooled in Enugu campus for many years and can tell you that it is a great city. It is peaceful
and have a lot of great higher citadels of learning. Some reasons I can suggest for the relatively expensive real
estate are: growing city and not enough new buildings to meet the demand. Many nigerians of Eastern Nigeria heritage tend to have a family/ vacation home in Enugu, thereby adding to the imbalance in supply and demand.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2012
But new estates are being developed in all corners of the city, like thinkers corner, Trans Ekulu and merry land. Lots of new unoccupied houses, yet they are very expensive.
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2012
As sagewood rightly submitted, its all about the demand. And to point out some corrections to the OP's points, Enugu is not purely a civil servants town, companies like NB, Coca Cola and 7up has added flair to the town, there are up to 9 universities here and not forgetting over 500 hotels with its expected night life.
Enugu is bubbling, and the activity is reflected in the rents!

However, try my personal agent for the best deal in Enugu rental apartments or land sales, 08030799100. Tell him I sent you and he might wave some % of the commission for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2012
Thanx for the info. I will call him.
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by eaglechild: 5:39am On Aug 25, 2012
@OP
most of the places u mentioned are highbrow areas so the rent will be on the high side.

Again the demand for housing has gone up sharply in Enugu in the past year or two as improving infrastructure has attracted more businesses and individuals.
Enugu is not entirely a civil service city.
If u think Enugu is unnecessarily expensive check out Owerri, u'll be shocked.
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by chidekings(m): 6:35am On Oct 22, 2017
spyder880:
As sagewood rightly submitted, its all about the demand. And to point out some corrections to the OP's points, Enugu is not purely a civil servants town, companies like NB, Coca Cola and 7up has added flair to the town, there are up to 9 universities here and not forgetting over 500 hotels with its expected night life.
Enugu is bubbling, and the activity is reflected in the rents!

However, try my personal agent for the best deal in Enugu rental apartments or land sales, 08030799100. Tell him I sent you and he might wave some % of the commission for you.
My oga is that nairaland guy u met at ogbete around 2015.this agents wan kill me.been looking for another apartment in enugu city center.the least I saw is 230,000 for one year in okpara avenue.
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by spyder880(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2017
chidekings:

My oga is that nairaland guy u met at ogbete around 2015.this agents wan kill me.been looking for another apartment in enugu city center.the least I saw is 230,000 for one year in okpara avenue.

How I wish I am around town now. But I will try to see if there is a good agent who can look at the vacancies for you.
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by chidekings(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2017
spyder880:

How I wish I am around town now. But I will try to see if there is a good agent who can look at the vacancies for you.

Ok thank you will really be expecting.so that 230 for a newly built sef con in okpara avenue is high?
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by nwoye72: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2017
I don't think that people residing in Enugu permanently could afford these high cost of leaving.i think those leaving expensive life style in their were not making there money in Enugu.they base somewhere like lagos,Abuja or overseas
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Prince15(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2017
call 08034436278
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by InvertedHammer: 6:19am On Oct 24, 2017
nwoye72:
I don't think that people residing in Enugu permanently could afford these high cost of leaving.i think those leaving expensive life style in their were not making there money in Enugu.they base somewhere like lagos,Abuja or overseas

It is more of greed than demand/supply.

I looked for 2-bdr apartment in Ind. Layout to keep extra equipment, the price range was N700k-N1m/yr. Enugu does not have the economy to support the rent. Why pay N700k-N1m in Enugu when one can get the same size apartment in an economic viable city like PH? How do I know that it is greed? An airport drop from Independence Layout to the airport which is about 5-10 minutes drive will cost N5k whereas such drop from MMA, Ikeja to Amuwo-Odofin (20-40mins depending on traffic) costs N4k. The price gouging in Igbo land is ridiculous. Everyone is out to make a victim out of every customer. SMH.

/

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Homeyfav: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2018
Most expensive places to live in Enugu www.landforsale.ng/most-expensive-places-to-live-in-enugu
Re: Why Is Enugu Accommodation Unneccessarily Expensive? by Cyndymoi: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Please I have plans of relocating to Enugu, how can I find a cheap self-contain

(1) (Reply)

** 2 Bedroom Short-let + Swimming Pool In Victoria Island ( + Pix's ) ** / Cost Of Rent In Abuja / Twin Duplex For Sale At Osborne Estate Ikoyi Lagos. Reach Me: 08033970354

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.