Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (58449 Views)

Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / Mtn Introduces New Mobile Internet Data Plans - 25mb For N150 And 50mb For N200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Grisoft: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
sting_224:

Sting _224 posted the codes na. look at the pic
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Grisoft: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Look at the pic sting_224 sent for the migration codes

Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by douxange(f): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
People please let's really look at this from all angles. MTN is simply trying to increase their falling subscriber base and you can be sure that this plan won't last once customers go back they'll switch tariff plans again. In the next couple of months you'll be surprised that your call costs have hit the roof again. Finally this is just a way to sweeten the deal so once their 7,000 data plan comes back up, you'll be less likely to complain. Think about it.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Youngzedd(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
Valto: yeah....daily access fee of #5 for 20kobo per second(12naira per minute) to all networks is a good deal

What is the code for the plan.

They charge me 25 per day on easy life.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
douxange: People please let's really look at this from all angles. MTN is simply trying to increase their falling subscriber base and you can be sure that this plan won't last once customers go back they'll switch tariff plans again. In the next couple of months you'll be surprised that your call costs have hit the roof again. Finally this is just a way to sweeten the deal so once their 7,000 data plan comes back up, you'll be less likely to complain. Think about it.

Please educate us more on this. Has there ever been a roll out of higher tariff plans to replace cheaper ones by mtn or any of the other networks?
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
The smooth talk deal is very reasonable. Etisalat charges N25 daily access fee for the same service.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by asudan: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
sting_224:

Please educate us more on this. Has there ever been a roll out of higher tariff plans to replace cheaper ones by mtn or any of the other networks?
no my problem.they can't try that because other networks will capitalise on any loop hole.i pity etisalat cos d mtn smooth talk will shake them off esp the N5 access fee.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by seunlayi(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
Pls do not migrate to this useless tarriff o. I will deduct a charge of 100 naira immediately you subscribe to it. It happened to me now. M THIEF N indeed.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by 2tek: 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
For those wanting to join smooth talk of #5 daily charge for 20k/s (N12/min) call to ALL network,text 401 to 131.

They wl charge u #100 wen u migrate 2 anoda plan if its not up to 30days since u migrated to u current pan. If u want to migrate for FREE,be SURE its up to 30days that u hv been on ur current pan.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
fuke: Guys, how do you change to this new plan. Text what to what?
Text 007 to 419.

1 Like

Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by zap2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
;Ddis tarrif no even dey their website sef. na wa o ! u try it , u r on your own ;
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Dubemkelly(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Etisalat is far better,MTN z mking waves cos it has bn da foremost netwrk compny nd has existed 4 long....Hope dey do sth abt dat BIS netwrk coz I'm not comfrtable wiv it...Not 4getting MTN wonders....Who da aeroplane favours?
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Princessaleeza: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
If zain send u a text 2 use so so amount 2 call & get 500% credit do it cos it real.

1 Like

Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by afrikanns: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mtn na thief dey are like satan dat neva gives thins freely, trust me their wud be hidden agenda. Barau network, Glo na father any time,day
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by JPEzeokoli: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sincerely, I'm afraid of MTN Nigeria because of their consistent inconsistencies. All these packages have come and will go like their 'magic number' Their selfish aim is just to survive the copetition from their competitors and not to have a package that will always serve their subscribers anytime anywhere. JP
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by etunoman76(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well, MTN have got to work on their network, it's not only about reducing tariffs and stuff. I just tried to check my Family and Friend, FAF, list and strangely enuff, instead of the nos I have, I was shown 6 different nos that are not even among my contacts. How can one explain that?
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by myike23: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
MTN, you people have stolen enough from Nigeria, but you aint yet satisfied. Its all change of name, thats all. Make a call with an mtn line and hold a stop watch. You'll find out that your call was actually 2minutes, while mtn charges you for 3minutes 15seconds. They have so much bribed the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) with millions of dollars. MTN cant try the rubbish they do here in south africa. Not even in ghana. BUt in nigeria, everything goes. They steal as much as they want, and nobody says anything. I so much hate mtn with a passion. Their doom is around the corner!
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by ziccoit: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Number portability is the only solution. NCC would have done a great job by implementing this.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by tiarabubu: 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
Me thinks MTN is adjusting to the realities in the coming months ahead. The following is the gist of the matter.

(1) Number portability is coming and MTN knows that folks are sticking to it's network just cos of their numbers. Guys and gals are itching real bad to jump ship. This is a good time to play "good boy" and hope y'all forgive them their trespasses.

(2) MTN realises that the earnings per user in Nigeria is dropping so fast that the next logical step is to concentrate on data for the next set of success. That's why MTN's data tarrif are at the roof tops now. Instead of cost dropping (due to the coming of WACS submarine cable) its rising. Compare this to Botswana Telcoms which slashed Internet prices by over 59% over its data cable. (Google the link. Somehow pasting ain't working on this device)

MTN understands the business of milking y'all dry.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by ayobase(m): 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
afrikanns: Mtn na thief dey are like satan dat neva gives thins freely, trust me their wud be hidden agenda. Barau network, Glo na father any time,day

There is surely a hidden agenda...they just cleared off my 1 month browsing data plan that should expire in 4days time....loaded for a day and was cleared within 2hrs.....hmmm!
What an MTN!
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by ayobase(m): 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
etunoman76: Well, MTN have got to work on their network, it's not only about reducing tariffs and stuff. I just tried to check my Family and Friend, FAF, list and strangely enuff, instead of the nos I have, I was shown 6 different nos that are not even among my contacts. How can one explain that?

One of the strategies....they start deducting when u start replacing!
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Funkymallam(m): 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
With my MTN super saver and my Etisalat SMARTA data plan that reduces my calls to 20k/sec to all network @ zero access fee, I think I will pass.
Thank you.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by LCDD: 1:13am On Aug 24, 2012
well done mtn.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by LCDD: 1:20am On Aug 24, 2012
Dubemkelly: Etisalat is far better,MTN z mking waves cos it has bn da foremost netwrk compny nd has existed 4 long....Hope dey do sth abt dat BIS netwrk coz I'm not comfrtable wiv it...Not 4getting MTN wonders....Who da aeroplane favours?
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by chux76(m): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

glo infiniti for life, 15k/s - all netwrks wt no access fee. still d best.
well i dey njoy d mtn zone too o.
methink d best is not to av just one netwrk

Glo infinity bawo? abi no b d same glo infinity u dey use? I'm still on glo infinity but the call tariffs has increased to 35/sec on net calls and 40sumtin k/sec for off-net calls. Its no longer the N15/min to any network I've always boasted to my friends about. Glo fall my hand seriously
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by LCDD: 1:32am On Aug 24, 2012
frankloh: Lets be realistic here, i think its a nice move from MTN. Thumbs up.
Real nice move indeed. Expecting more on data tarrifs!
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by str8talk1: 2:20am On Aug 24, 2012
wesley80: Hmmm. Glo needs to respond Sharperly cos I'm getting tempted o.
Now,i knw i am justified 4 dumping my GLO Sim card even whn i have a phone that can accomodate it.
4 me,i am in love wt mtn n airtel.
GLO & ETISALAT can kiss my ar$e all i care!
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Smilingbob(m): 3:34am On Aug 24, 2012
NO NETWORK AS EMPTY AND USELESS AS EmPtY HEn[color=#990000][/color]
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by femary1a: 6:03am On Aug 24, 2012
ayobase: Whats it with the packages....why cant they make a single package of N10 per min to any network locally !

U pple are lsoing it!
Than can never happen because interconnect fee between operator is NGN12.
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by linkin8k(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2012
chux76:

Glo infinity bawo? abi no b d same glo infinity u dey use? I'm still on glo infinity but the call tariffs has increased to 35/sec on net calls and 40sumtin k/sec for off-net calls. Its no longer the N15/min to any network I've always boasted to my friends about. Glo fall my hand seriously

True, GLO have discontinued their Infinito plan
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Daunashamed(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2012
chux76:

tell me you are joking please or could that be the reason why I was suspecting someone of 'borrowing' my phone when I checked my Glo balance and saw it was far low compared to what I was expecting to see after placing a long call to an Etisalat line? Glo why now?
Re: MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2012
if u were on Glo Infinito please migrate to GBam Hi 5 which is its improvment and stop displaying your ignorance.

After the data plan blunder (it was reversed sha) MTN suprise us all with this cost cutting. Who would have thought? They've really spoilt business for other networks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement / How To Fix All Dstv Now Error Codes || 503, Sna 403, Per 0, Per 1, Eve 403 / Mtn Launches Mtn Beta Talk Plan Get 200% Per Recharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.