Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (36938 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by blackwall(m): 4:31am On Aug 23, 2012
The recently released results by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) have claimed  lives in Delta State. Two female students that failed their  exams  yesterday allegedly committed suicide in Asaba, the state capital.

Reports said the students committed suicide after checking their result in the internet and discovered that it was unfavourable to them.

Sources said the victims  had written the exams  three times without passing their Maths and English Language, which led them to allegedly resolve to commit suicide.

Some persons who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity confirmed that the students  had struggled to gain admission into the University in the last few years without success.

Police sources at the “B” Division Asaba said the students were allegedly found dead in their various rooms after a search party that was conducted.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/33175/2012/08/23/2_students_commit_suicide_over_waec_exam_failure.html

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Chanchit: 6:17am On Aug 23, 2012
I knew this kind of news would still come, thats how some secondary sch students kill themselves because of silly waec result instead of waiting to kill themselves after graduating frm university and remaining jobless for yrs...
One of them started a thread last week, that he/she feels like committing suicide, cos of one paper, i adviced her to take hypo or DD force, maybe she's one of them..

12 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Osama10(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2012
So they value waec than their lives.

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2012
oh they took their own lives witout considering their parents, another wasted lives.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Dhelake: 7:47am On Aug 23, 2012
they failed, was committing suicide the solution?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Vickyt: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2012
May their soul rest in peace. So unfortunate they couldn‘t withstand the heat of and they forgot success without failure is not complete.

5 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by juman(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2012
We are definitely in trouble in this country. Committing suicide is becoming common.

This is not a good way to go. Life is more than failing WAEC even five times. Proper preparation is needed to pass every exams.

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by mimicue(f): 8:23am On Aug 23, 2012
Rubbish they will be committing suicide they won't consider their parents at all.. Why would u commit suicide becos u failed 3 tyms this same exam some peeps av written it 7 tyms same wiv jamb .. They shldnt av given up.. and our economy is part of the cause of this kinda tins.. God help us sha RIP to them

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2012
Chanchit: I knew this kind of news would still come, thats how some secondary sch students kill themselves because of silly waec result instead of waiting to kill themselves after graduating frm university and remaining jobless for yrs...
Thats how one of them started a thread last week, that he/she feels like commiting suicide, cos of one paper, i adviced her to take hypo or DD force, maybe she's one of them..
well then I guess you've helped taken a life...what an advice!

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2012
You never really fail until you quit, what a pity.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by DonHummer(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Wats up wit al dis suicide ....see wetin too nmuch american movies de cause

4 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Super1759: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Is good they did this for waec than year one results. Fools

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Afam4eva(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Why have Nigerians become suicidal. It wasn't always like this.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by ebamma(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2012
the are running away from writing waec again,but the forgot that as it is done on earth so is it in heaven,the will still write their next waec in heaven,goodluck to them over there

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Better suicide than remain in this hopeless country.. of course, if u're the only member of your family... and have no loved ones..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Opoki(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2012
They are nothing now but a "Confirmed Failure"
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2012

15 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by fittty(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2012
Wtf
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by solgee(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2012
This is quite unfortunate...
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by talktrue1(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2012
Its a pity but waec need to be rebrand. They are really frustrating people.

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by alienware(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2012
I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec G.c.e and 4 neco G.c.e exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i know almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because of pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc

20 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2012
Thank God our population is reducing....NEXT!!!!!!!!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Odunnu: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: the are running away from writing waec again,but the forgot that as it is done on earth so is it in heaven,the will still write their next waec in heaven,goodluck to them over there
But for the seriousness of this issue in discussion, I would have LMAO. Whats your problem?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by alienware(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2012
Kayusfity: Thank God our population is reducing....NEXT!!!!!!!!
fool
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by solgee(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: Better suicide than remain in this hopeless country.. of course, if u're the only member of your family... and have no loved ones..
I can't believe you are in support of what they did...huh!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by geeez: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2012
There's more to this story than meets the eye

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Seaen(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
shocked shocked
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec g.c.e and 4 waec neco.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by kutchs: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: Better suicide than remain in this hopeless country.. of course, if u're the only member of your family... and have no loved ones..
Ewu what are u still doing alive? You should have gone b4 them.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by DonHummer(m): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2012
Bt wait oo ...dey were evn girls...who knws...may b al dey always dreamt of is how dey will gain admission and start showing off as BIG CAMPUS GIRLS....waec com fall deir hand....

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2012
chaircover: This is so sad.

My son is picking up his GCSE results today. He has very high hopes on what his result will be but and my husband and I still called him this morning and told him that whatever his results are, he is still our son, we love him and there are always other options even if he doesn't get what he expected.

At the end of the day, these are kids and are still learning the ups and downs that life throws at us and as parents we need to be there for them until they are old enough & mature enough to be able to deal with these knocks.

Thank you for been such a model example of how good parenting should be done. This case shouldn't be taken at face value. It takes a whole lot for any one - be it an adolescent or an adult to attempt suicide. Practically all suicidal cases are performed by people who suffer from deep emotional, physiological trauma. We hav no idea what they went through within their domestic settings or among their peers. Such people r hurting deeply inside. Unfortunately, if parents or gaurdians do not notice and try to act upon various tell-tale signs when their kids r going thru various phases of depression, then suicide rates may continue to increase.

Its extremely unfortunate when an individual feels that snuffing their life is probably d best way out. It causes nothing but more grief to all who they left behind. May their souls rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Luckygurl(f): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2012
It's high tym people learn 2 get up one more time than they have fallen down.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Ejine(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec g.c.e and 4 waec neco exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i no almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc

Choi! Oga, you don turn to real Grandmaster o! Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle must be green with envy lol! grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ejim Chinazom Judith Graduates As A Medical Doctor In A Wheelchair In Enugu / Nigerian Universities That Process Transcript Collection The Fastest Vs Slowest / OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.