Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring (9451 Views)

We Need An Ambulance- Students Of College Of Health Sciences, Nnewi Cry Out / 17 Undergraduate Scholarships To Expect In 2015 / BREAKING NEWS: Gun Men Kill Students Of College Of Agriculture Yobe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2012
It's that time again, when heat waves are the norm and putrid stenchs emanate from armpits as a result of said heat waves. Oh, and when JAMBites run amock in preparation for university.
So I'm creating this thread for y'all experienced folks to help said JAMBites avoid heatstrokes that result from said heat waves. Tell us your experience starting from the day you got your admission letter to your second week of school.
If you can, integrate into your story, what to and what not to bring to school. Thanks.
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MacDaddy01: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2012
SimonAndal: It's that time again, when heat waves are the norm and putrid stenchs emanate from armpits as a result of said heat waves. Oh, and when JAMBites run amock in preparation for university.
So I'm creating this thread for y'all experienced folks to help said JAMBites avoid heatstrokes that result from said heat waves. Tell us your experience starting from the day you got your admission letter to your second week of school.
If you can, integrate into your story, what to and what not to bring to school. Thanks.

Old man like you not yet in uni?

What you need for uni depends on the uni and your accomodation.
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2012
@MacD, I'm pretty sure I didn't say it was for me. I'm tryna provide a public service, which most definitely wouldn't hurt my chances in the Mod race. See, I'm vying. Thought I told ya that before?

3 Likes

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
And I am most definitely NOT old! I dunno why people always think that. I'm 18 for crying out loud!
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MacDaddy01: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2012
SimonAndal: And I am most definitely NOT old! I dunno why people always think that. I'm 18 for crying out loud!

What? You're 18? Is that you inthe profile pic cos yo look older!

Anways, to help on the topic; There are things to do so that you enjoy your stay in the Uni;

a) Take a visit and scout the uni
-Know where your hostel/accomodation is and how far it is from the lecture halls. Distance matters. The further it is, the easier it is to be late or miss classes. When you know the distance, you can prepare yourself for the daily commute between the hostel and lecture halls
-Know what your hostel is going to be like. Are you going to share toilets or room facilites? This will help you to know whether you need to get stuff like buckets, boiling rings, tables, chairs etc.
-Know where the uni cafeteria or canteen is. You can not study without food.
-Try to learn about the social life around the hostel and the uni

b) Read about your course
-People rush into course, only to find out that the courses are damn too difficult. Try to know what you are going into and whether you can change some subjects in the first week of registration
-Also try to get friends that ar doing your course who live around your accomodation. Its good to have people you can study with without travelling far to meet them.

c) Careful with the drug lords
There are always students who come to uni to smoke weed and have fun. You can do those things but be careful of the drug lords and druggies. These people will still your money for drugs and will steal your textbooks because their money has gone for the exchange of drugs.

You can drug up occasionally but dont be a junkie

d) Condoms. You might not come out of uni a virgin cool

2 Likes

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by richi192: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
grin shocked shocked
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by LesbianBoy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
When i got into the university the first thing i did was to familiarise myself with them babes grin grin grin grin
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MacDaddy01: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
LesbianBoy: When i got into the university the first thing i did was to familiarise myself with them babes grin grin grin grin

no shaking!
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
Guys please, reasonable advice.
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by NobleAngell(f): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
For d ladies, dont 4get 2 carry your pocket knives along. U reaaaally need it, trust me.

1 Like

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by SisiKill1: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
SimonAndal: And I am most definitely NOT old! I dunno why people always think that. I'm 18 for crying out loud!
Why did I get an image of you doing a double take and going "Wait. . .what? Ol. . .Did he. . .he did not just call me Old?? angry" when you wrote this. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MMM2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Alomo bitters
A pack of condom
Indian hemp
Money 4 chicks

2 Likes

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
undecided
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by jigwe101: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Have your Class schedule close to you
it'll help if you met a freshman like you
Talk to upperclassman about teachers, tips e.t.c
Have pepper spray handy(ESP girls)
Have control over your studies before partying. (A lot of students lose their focus way to early ...you have 4 years)
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by odumchi: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:
c) Careful with the drug lords
There are always students who come to uni to smoke weed and have fun. You can do those things but be careful of the drug lords and druggies. These people will still your money for drugs and will steal your textbooks because their money has gone for the exchange of drugs.

You can drug up occasionally but dont be a junkie

d) Condoms. You might not come out of uni a virgin cool

What kind of advice is this?

Nna, na wa oh.
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MacDaddy01: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
odumchi:

What kind of advice is this?

Nna, na wa oh.

Sex, drugs and alcohol

1 Like

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Kk4(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Make friends with the prettiest girls. That's wat I did, ended up been the most popular guy in my faculty. Say no to cultism
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by odumchi: 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sex, drugs and alcohol

If na your daughter/sister dey go University, abi you go give am dis same advice?
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by MacDaddy01: 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
odumchi:

If na your daughter/sister dey go University, abi you go give am dis same advice?

grin grin grin

Yes....better use condom! no carry pregnancy come home!

1 Like

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Shakidor: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
I thought d guy said 'first day' Is dis wat a new student sud do on d first day? Dis is bad na
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by donigspain(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by donigspain(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
There are a few tips I could suggest to... wait a sec, dis looks like some gay party? Urrhm, am sori, am in the wrong thread.

»»I still need my a.nal muscles intact.
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Sodiq33(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Just passing...
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Emysandy: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Be fill with the Holy spirit always, coz the same devil that tempted Jesus is living in all Naija universities...Above all listen and quote your lecturers on all your courses, when you want to write Exam cause most of them still pass on the 1940 edition lectures note and expect you to gradutate and compet with Harvard grad. Finally don't forget raw garri with water it will restore your soul when you are walking through the valley of the shadow of hunger.

5 Likes

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nerosoft19(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
M M M: Alomo bitters
A pack of condom
Indian hemp
Money 4 chicks
nice idea
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by AGBALAYABOY: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
[b][/b]
A pack of condom
Indian hemp
Money 4 chicks
A pack of condom
Indian hemp
Money 4 chicks
A pack of condom
Indian hemp
Money 4 chicks
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by vladimiros: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
If you're serious about ur future, socialize with who you would need, study, have fun

simple
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
1.Whatever you do, dont take Uni too seriously.
2.Dont compare yourself to others academically or money wise.
3.Be prepared to dub from a mate if you dont know...
4.Be patient enough to let your mate dub you if you do know..
5.Dont get caught cheating or plagiarizing...
6.Uni is the only place that can afford you the time and human resources to be poly amorous...Dont Dull.
7.ALWAYS use a condom.
8.Finally keep an open mind and enjoy the experience. You will never forget the memories good or bad.

P.S say NO to cultism if you can, if you cant...then try not to die for a cause that is not yours!

2 Likes

Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Shaw007(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
vladimiros: If you're serious about ur future, socialize with who you would need, study, have fun

simple
exactly!!
All y'all giving rubbish advice,i dont want anyone coming here 4yrs later and saying Nigeria is rubbish and there are nO jobs. . .this is where you get d jOb ready,bY comIng out with Good grades

Make that excellent gRadesgrin
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by wandeay: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
SAY NO TO CULTISM!!!!!!!!
Re: First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring by Teejayphillip(m): 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Jus b focus,kip Ur head high n b positive in Ur tinkin... N alwayz remember Ur family background..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Grooviest University In Nigeria? / Uniben 2012/2013 Post-utme Form Is Out!!!!! Click For Details / Oauife Cutoff Mark For 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.