Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself (3445 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
This question is related to the "can God create a rock that he can not move" question.

Simple question;

Can God create another God more powerful than himself?
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
let us start by defining what we mean by these two terms

1. "a God that is more powerful than God(Yahweh)".

2. Omnipotence.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
You mean Yahweh the extra terrestrial race from another star system?
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
cyrexx: let us start by defining what we mean by these two terms

1. "a God that is more powerful than God(Yahweh)".

2. Omnipotence.

1) A God more powerful than Yaweh, is a God that does not need to rest of the last day of creation or that does not need to feel jealous when other gods are being worshiped by men. Such a new and more powerful God is also omnipotent

2) Omnipotence= ability to do all things
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

1) A God more powerful than Yahweh, is a God that does not need to rest of the last day of creation or that does not need to feel jealous when other gods are being worshiped by men. Such a new and more powerful God is also omnipotent

nice! cool

now lets wait for christians to explain what they mean when they say that their God is omnipotent and that he can do all things
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
cyrexx:

nice! cool

now lets wait for christians to explain what they mean when they say that their God is omnipotent and that he can do all things

I actually posted this topic in the islam section but it got moved lipsrsealed
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

1) A God more powerful than Yaweh, is a God that does not need to rest of the last day of creation or that does not need to feel jealous when other gods are being worshiped by men. Such a new and more powerful God is also omnipotent

Are you trying to make the Christians depressed? You know their beloved Yahweh is gold to them. I myself am a better god than Yahweh. i don't mind sharing my girlfriend with you.....i am never jealous unlike.... Yahweh.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Delafruita(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
i hope he can.i wanna be a god so pleassssssssssssss,yahweh,pick me
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
ifeness:

Are you trying to make the Christians depressed? You know their beloved Yahweh is gold to them. I myself am a better god than Yahweh. i don't mind sharing my girlfriend with you.....i am never jealous unlike.... Yahweh.

You want to share your girlfriend with me?

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/3511791+_a04ed9cf35509f12a37818c57b4f878f.jpg[/img]
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You want to share your girlfriend with me?

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/3511791+_a04ed9cf35509f12a37818c57b4f878f.jpg[/img]

yes sure why not! she is 75 years old,hope you dont mind her age
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
ifeness:

yes sure why not! she is 75 years old,hope you dont mind her age

Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
What if YAHWEH the alien is dead? Where does that leave his blind followers?

"Let us create man in our own image and after our likeness" A lot of yahwehs then!!!
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
ifeness: What if YAHWEH the alien is dead? Where does that leave his blind followers?

"Let us create man in our own image and after our likeness" A lot of yahwehs then!!!

Yahweh was never alive as a living being in the first place. it was humans who lived in Israel many years ago who created something in their heads called Yahweh. the thing now got reproduced and duplicated up to about 2 billion times among humans living nowadays.

so the correct quotation about what you said should read thus:

"Let us create Yahweh in our own image and after our likeness"

that is why his character is so similar to ancient barbarism of men who created him.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
*Ooops, error of double post*
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
cyrexx:

Yahweh was never alive as a person in the first place. it was humans who lived in Israel many years ago who created something in their heads called Yahweh. the thing now got reproduced and duplicated up to about 2 billion times among humans living nowadays.

so the correct quotation about what you said should read thus:

"Let us create Yahweh in our own image and after our likeness"

that is why his character is so similar to ancient barbarism of men who created him.

Same as Allah....his character is so similar to the ancient barbaric Arabs
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by ijawkid(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01: This question is related to the "can God create a rock that he can not move" question.

Simple question;

Can God create another God more powerful than himself?

It seems u mistake God for the GINI in alladin......lol....
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
So man created God in his own image angry

So which God got mary pregnant? I heard she was only 12 when he slept with her sadDoes that make God a pedophile? I pity the Joseph of the bible. He had to father a child of a woman God raped.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
ifeness: So man created God in his own image angry

So which God got mary pregnant? I heard she was only 12 when he slept with her sadDoes that make God a pedophile? I pity the Joseph of the bible. He had to father a child of a woman God raped.

have you ever heard of tales by moonlight.

some people just take it serious and built their life on it.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by truthislight: 1:25am On Aug 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

its like that your friend does not want to see you come near the islam section. grin
MacDaddy01:

its like that your friend does not want to see you come near the islam section.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by tobechi74: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

nice! cool

God is ominipotent doesnt mean he can do everything. God has standards.he is holy and does holythings.he can't , lie, comit sin etc.

God can move anything he creatd. He can move d rock. He didnt create anytin greater dan him.he is greater than al of us includin devil.

Why should God move d rock? For amusement? No.there is no need 4 dat.why should God destroy satan/ humanbeings?to show us he is powerful? No. God is not childish.

They are many ways to get d cat. God has his way difrent from human way.he is bringn d change slowly because he is patient.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2012
tobechi74:

God is ominipotent doesnt mean he can do everything. God has standards.he is holy and does holythings.he can't , lie, comit sin etc.

God can move anything he creatd. He can move d rock. He didnt create anytin greater dan him.he is greater than al of us includin devil.

Why should God move d rock? For amusement? No.there is no need 4 dat.why should God destroy satan/ humanbeings?to show us he is powerful? No. God is not childish.

They are many ways to get d cat. God has his way difrent from human way.he is bringn d change slowly because he is patient.

lol....you keep redefining God when God becomes problematic.

Now you say that god can not do everything.

You say God can not sin- what do you call committing genocide and flooding the whole world or lying to Abraham that he wants him to sacrifice his son?

1 Like

Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by ijawkid(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2012
Oboy its only GINI's that will create GINI's more powerful than them,,,,,....

Yahweh is not a GINI my bro.....

Ur question does not apply to Yahweh....

Thank u!!!!
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2012
ijawkid: Oboy its only GINI's that will create GINI's more powerful than them,,,,,....

Yahweh is not a GINI my bro.....

Ur question does not apply to Yahweh....

Thank u!!!!

Is this a rational argument?

The question applies to any creature that is claimed to be a magical creator. We are testing the limit of his creative abilities
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by cyrexx: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2012
tobechi74:

Dear friend,

does God want everybody to accept Christ (i.e become a christian) or not. why cant he make everybody accept Christ and be a christian.

does God desire anybody to suffer pain and hunger. Why cant he stop it.

does God want anybody to go hell or not. why does most of his human creatures end up in hell?

A truly omnipotent God should be able to do this easily, even without violating our freewill.

Cheers.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
can a father have a child that is older than him ?

1 Like

Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
obadiah777: can a father have a child that is older than him ?

And how is that the same as the question I asked?

Would God be older than the new god he creates
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

And how is that the same as the question I asked?

Would God be older than the new god he creates
its called an analogy. it is impossible for a father to have a son who is older than him. it is what it is. he is called THE ANCIENT OF DAYS for a reason.
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by ijawkid(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Is this a rational argument?

The question applies to any creature that is claimed to be a magical creator. We are testing the limit of his creative abilities

It doesn't apply to GOD.......

It doesn't apply to who GOD is.........
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
obadiah777: its called an analogy. it is impossible for a father to have a son who is older than him. it is what it is. he is called THE ANCIENT OF DAYS for a reason.

God created Jesus

God created satan

Can God create a God greater than himself?

1 Like

Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
ijawkid:

It doesn't apply to GOD.......

It doesn't apply to who GOD is.........

God is a creator

Creation applies to him

Can God create another God?
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

God created Jesus

God created satan

Can God create a God greater than himself?
can a son create his father ?
Re: Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself by MacDaddy01: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
obadiah777: can a son create his father ?

God is the almighty father...he can create a son

Obadiah debunked! NEXT!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Khawarij: The Root Of Radicalism And Violence / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS / I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.