Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? (3169 Views)

Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? / What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
“A FEW days ago, I received a copy of The Watchtower from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” wrote a civil servant working at the ministry of justice in Seoul, Republic of Korea. He continued: “Reading it, I learned some facts about the persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses under Nazi and Communist regimes. But I have a question. The cover photo shows Jehovah’s Witnesses with an inverted purple triangle on the left side of their coats. What does the purple triangle mean?”

In Germany under the Nazi regime, Jehovah’s Witnesses refused to heil Hitler, and they maintained neutrality on political and military issues. So the Nazis cruelly persecuted them, incarcerating some 12,000 Witnesses for varying lengths of time in prisons and concentration camps. About 2,000 of them died, hundreds being executed.

What did the purple triangle on their prison garb signify? “The various categories of prisoners in the [Nazi] camps carried special distinguishing marks,” explains the book Anatomy of the SS State. “The uniform system of marking introduced before the war consisted in sewing a triangular piece of material on to each prisoner’s uniform, the colour depending on his category: for political prisoners, red; for Jehovah’s Witnesses, purple; for anti-socials, black; for criminals, green; for homosexuals, pink; for emigrants, blue. In addition to the coloured triangle Jewish prisoners were made to wear a yellow triangle sewn on to the coloured triangle in such a way as to form the hexagonal Star of David.”

“If its moral significance is widely remembered in time,” wrote Professor John K. Roth in his book Holocaust Politics, “the purple triangle can yet be a shield against disaster, a shield whose triangular points direct our attention and commitment toward the good that most deserves human respect.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have produced the award-winning documentary Jehovah’s Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault. Why not ask one of Jehovah’s Witnesses to make it possible for you to view this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NU2YYX1uG8
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by analize701: 12:52am On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
“A FEW days ago, I received a copy of The Watchtower from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” wrote a civil servant working at the ministry of justice in Seoul, Republic of Korea. He continued: “Reading it, I learned some facts about the persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses under Nazi and Communist regimes. But I have a question. The cover photo shows Jehovah’s Witnesses with an inverted purple triangle on the left side of their coats. What does the purple triangle mean?”

In Germany under the Nazi regime, Jehovah’s Witnesses refused to heil Hitler, and they maintained neutrality on political and military issues. So the Nazis cruelly persecuted them, incarcerating some 12,000 Witnesses for varying lengths of time in prisons and concentration camps. About 2,000 of them died, hundreds being executed.

What did the purple triangle on their prison garb signify? “The various categories of prisoners in the [Nazi] camps carried special distinguishing marks,” explains the book Anatomy of the SS State. “The uniform system of marking introduced before the war consisted in sewing a triangular piece of material on to each prisoner’s uniform, the colour depending on his category: for political prisoners, red; for Jehovah’s Witnesses, purple; for anti-socials, black; for criminals, green; for homosexuals, pink; for emigrants, blue. In addition to the coloured triangle Jewish prisoners were made to wear a yellow triangle sewn on to the coloured triangle in such a way as to form the hexagonal Star of David.”

“If its moral significance is widely remembered in time,” wrote Professor John K. Roth in his book Holocaust Politics, “the purple triangle can yet be a shield against disaster, a shield whose triangular points direct our attention and commitment toward the good that most deserves human respect.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have produced the award-winning documentary Jehovah’s Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault. Why not ask one of Jehovah’s Witnesses to make it possible for you to view this video?

Na only Jehovah's Witnesses suffer persecution under the Nazis? Abeg allow sobori hear something.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2017
Why are you so embittered?
analize701:

Na only Jehovah's Witnesses suffer persecution under the Nazis? Abeg allow sobori hear something.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by analize701: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Why are you so embittered?
It's just a question i asked o. Everyone except those in the Nazi party suffered persecution in Germany, but JW makes it seem like the whole Nazi Gate was channelled against them only. Where they singled out?
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Ranchhoddas: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2017
Had no idea. Very enlightening. I have been reading JW material since I could read and I did not know this.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:

When mentioning nazi assault, also talk about the millions of Jews who were killed and also the homosexuals, sinti and gypsies whose number outnumbered that of jws. They also faced Hitler's brutality.

Rutherford your leader at that time supported Hitler in his maltreatment of the Jews. He even sang praises to Hitler. Jews had no option in Nazi Germany. Whether they hailed Hitler or not they were killed.
Ask yourself what happened to the other 10,000 that didn't die? They were released because they probably hailed Hitler.
Whenever you talk about 2000 jws in Nazi Germany, also kindly talk about the 5,000, 000 Jews in Nazi Germany, the sinti, the gypsies and the homosexuals who even when they hailed Hitler were still killed.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for your insightful comment. I always believe that it is vital to do some good research to find out things that we have little knowledge about. If your church was persecuted, tell the story and Jehovah's witnesses would not refute it if it is authentic. Nevertheless, may I ask you a question? Do you present your neigbour's CV when you go out in search of a job? Would you feel good if someone you gave your CV to says, "you make it seem like you are the only one who has a CV"? What if he asks another question like, "were you singled out of all graduates in town for you to have stated in your CV that you have a degree?
In life, you tell your own story and let others tell theirs. I am a Jehovah's witness telling our story. I am open to listen to yours as well
analize701:

It's just a question i asked o. Everyone except those in the Nazi party suffered persecution in Germany, but JW makes it seem like the whole Nazi Gate was channelled against them only. Where they singled out?
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
You are an old face. Wrinkles has not changed the lines of hatred for the Jehovah's witnesses written all over your face. You have posted many libelous and blasphemous threads and comments against the JW for many years. I am happy that you are winning the war in your mind. I am not here to argue with a slanderer.
Hairyrapunzel:

When mentioning nazi assault, also talk about the millions of Jews who were killed and also the homosexuals, sinti and gypsies whose number outnumbered that of jws. They also faced Hitler's brutality.

Rutherford your leader at that time supported Hitler in his maltreatment of the Jews. He even sang praises to Hitler. Jews had no option in Nazi Germany. Whether they hailed Hitler or not they were killed.
Ask yourself what happened to the other 10,000 that didn't die? They were released because they probably hailed Hitler.
Whenever you talk about 2000 jws in Nazi Germany, also kindly talk about the 5,000, 000 Jews in Nazi Germany, the sinti, the gypsies and the homosexuals who even when they hailed Hitler were still killed.

Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You are an old face. Wrinkles has not changed the lines of hatred for the Jehovah's witnesses written all over your face. You have posted many libelous and blasphemous threads and comments against the JW for many years. I am happy that you are winning the war in your mind. I am not here to argue with a slanderer.

You are just pained that someone does not believe your lies.
Like someone pointed out to you: Nazis assaulted groups who they didn't like and groups who didn't conform to their ideology.
It isn't blasphemy or libel. Nazis killed millions of Jews. They also killed homosexuals, gypsies, sintis as well as jws too. Don't make it look like they killed only jws.
Continue feigning persecution.

Who made the law that jws shouldn't join german army or hail Hitler? Rutherford

Who made the law saying Jews (Semitic race) should be Jews? Nobody. They were born that way

Jews had no choice as they couldn't change their race. Jws had a choice. The 2000 would have hailed Hitler like the other 10,000 did.

Holocaust was primarily targeted at Jews not your religion. Deal with it.

It's been ingrained in you that critics are blasphemous, libelous and slanderous. I don't think you have ever read anything on the Holocaust.

Nazis focus was never on the jws. Their focus was on the Semitic race. German Jws were just unfortunate because their leader (Rutherford) at that time told them not to hail Hitler after he had sang praises to Hitler for maltreating Jews.
Gypsies, sinti and homosexuals killed outnumbered jws killed and incarcerated combined
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Thanks for your insightful comment. I always believe that it is vital to do some good research to find out things that we have little knowledge about. If your church was persecuted, tell the story and Jehovah's witnesses would not refute it if it is authentic. Nevertheless, may I ask you a question? Do you present your neigbour's CV when you go out in search of a job? Would you feel good if someone you gave your CV to says, "you make it seem like you are the only one who has a CV"? What if he asks another question like, "were you singled out of all graduates in town for you to have stated in your CV that you have a degree?
In life, you tell your own story and let others tell theirs. I am a Jehovah's witness telling our story. I am open to listen to yours as well

Holocaust was never about any church being the target of the Nazis.
If its by religion being targets of hate groups then rohyindra Muslims and yazidi Christians should be true religions also.
As if they win award for most persecuted religion. Which I know your religion isn't
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
Did you notice that my comment was a reply to someone's quote?
Hairyrapunzel:

If its by religion being targets of hate groups then rohyindra Muslims and yazidi Christians should be true religions also.
As if they win award for most persecuted religion. Which I know your religion isn't
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
@Hairyrapunzel JW are not forcing you to become a JW or to like us so why should I be pained? If they killed people from your religion, feel free to write about it. I am only talking about mine and you feel pain or hate about it? So if I go to the doctor to complain about the ache in my eye, would you tell me that millions are going through the same problem hence I should be silent about it? The platform is free. If you are gay, tell about people of your kind who were killed on a separate thread. It is free to open a thread here. If you are a Jew, do the same. Why rain on my parade and tell me that I am pained that you are not believing when I never anticipated to have you here? If I lied, confront the Department of History in your country. Moreover, you are making a public mockery of yourself because history has the records. You must have grown tired trying to severe our necks for so many years. Go ahead! We both have had so many failed talks from my lost Nairaland account @Hairyrapunzel. We have been on the same thing for many years and I do not want anymore of it. You just got your 15 minutes. Bye!
Hairyrapunzel:

Like someone pointed out to you: Nazis assaulted groups who they didn't like and groups who didn't conform to their ideology.
It isn't blasphemy or libel. Nazis killed millions of Jews. They also killed homosexuals, gypsies, sintis as well as jws too. Don't make it look like they killed only jws.
Who made the law saying Jews (Semitic race) should be Jews? Nobody. They were born that way
Jews had no choice as they couldn't change their race. Jws had a choice. The 2000 would have hailed Hitler like the other 10,000 did.
It's been ingrained in you that critics are blasphemous, libelous and slanderous. I don't think you have ever read anything on the Holocaust.
Nazis focus was never on the jws. Their focus was on the Semitic race. German Jws were just unfortunate because their leader (Rutherford) at that time told them not to hail Hitler after he had sang praises to Hitler for maltreating Jews.
Gypsies, sinti and homosexuals killed outnumbered jws killed and incarcerated combined
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Did you notice that my comment was a reply to someone's quote?

You can't stand the truth. Read about the Holocaust. When you talk about Holocaust do not relegate the Jews to ordinary bystanders and make your religion look like the primary focus.

Do you know Hitler killed just 1% of jws that your blood transfusion ban and shunning policy combined has killed?

Hitler killed 2000 jws
Shunning policy has killed hundreds of thousands of jws
Blood transfusion ban has killed millions of jws
Hitler is even a saint where your leaders are.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
@Hairyrapunzel JW are not forcing you to become a JW or to like us so why should I be pained? If they killed people from your religion, feel free to write about it. I am only talking about mine and you feel pain or hate about it? So if I go to the doctor to complain about the ache in my eye, would you tell me that millions are going through the same problem hence I should be silent about it? The platform is free. If you are gay, tell about people of your kind who were killed on a separate thread. It is free to open a thread here. If you are a Jew, do the same. Why rain on my parade and tell me that I am pained that you are not believing when I never anticipated to have you here? If I lied, confront the Department of History in your country. Moreover, you are making a public mockery of yourself because history has the records. You must have grown tired trying to severe our necks for so many years. Go ahead! We both have had so many failed talks from my lost Nairaland account @Hairyrapunzel. We have been on the same thing for many years and I do not want anymore of it. You just got your 15 minutes. Bye!

Eya. History has it on record that the Holocaust was directed at the Semitic race (Jews) don't come here and relegate them.
watchtower has refused to acknowledge that millions of Jews were affected making their followers believe that jws were the primary targets.
Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance. Bye
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by delishpot: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hypicrites, they have shared in weapon business, they lobby governments etc but they tell their members to avoid governments.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:

Why the delusion of hate? Or does it enhance your persecution complex?
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
any proof to this slander?
delishpot:
Hypicrites, they have shared in weapon business, they lobby governments etc but they tell their members to avoid governments.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Peacefullove: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:

See that bold, I cannot laugh abeg grin grin grin

Many of them will fill your thread, I came to realize ex members of your religion are always hate driven and bitter . just wonder why they can't just join another church and move on .

But don't mind them , Its true many others were killed by the Nazi's , but if you choose to talk about yours . its no big deal . Even your Bible said ' do good to everybody , but ESPECIALLY people with whom you get the same faith '

Well, I admire your stand not to kill . sticking to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth .
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by lovingJehovah: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
They are apostates. The do not want to be JW yet they cannot blend into any faith. They just want to tear the JW down. We welcome it. It has been this way over a century.
Once they see any thread with a reference to Jehovah's Witnesses they rush in to slander. Many of them have never had any close dealing with the JW yet they post lies just to blaspheme and put us down. When you ask for reasons for their comments you will be so surprised how void they sound.
Regarding the Nazi, You cannot sell another man's shoes when he is wearing it. There are over 6.8 million Jews in the world and thousands of books have been published by Jews about the Holocaust. Everyone is telling his own side of the story. The concentration camps were different. How many Jehovah's Witnesses were in the world at the time to compare us to the Jews. No one ever told the Jews that they were not the only ones killed. If you do not tell your story, it will be buried. All these twisting and comparison is to douse the intensity of suffering and death suffered by the Jehovah's witnesses. We know!
Peacefullove:

Many of them will fill your thread, I came to realize ex members of your religion are always hate driven and bitter . just wonder why they can't just join another church and move on .

But don't mind them , Its true many others were killed by the Nazi's , but if you choose to talk about yours . its no big deal . Even your Bible said ' do good to everybody , but ESPECIALLY people with whom you get the same faith '

Well, I admire your stand not to kill . sticking to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth .
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

But the ten thousand who didn't die hailed Hitler to avoid death. No matter how you want to put it millions of Jews died, gypsies, gays and sintis also.
You take someone's number one social support and you expect them not to react?
This one is worse than murder
The bad things about a high control group should be pointed out. You can deceive mentally unstable people but not normal people.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
They are apostates. The do not want to be JW yet they cannot blend into any faith. They just want to tear the JW down. We welcome it. It has been this way over a century.
Once they see any thread with a reference to Jehovah's Witnesses they rush in to slander. Many of them have never had any close dealing with the JW yet they post lies just to blaspheme and put us down. When you ask for reasons for their comments you will be so surprised how void they sound.
Regarding the Nazi, You cannot sell another man's shoes when he is wearing it. There are over 6.8 million Jews in the world and thousands of books have been published by Jews about the Holocaust. Everyone is telling his own side of the story. The concentration camps were different. How many Jehovah's Witnesses were in the world at the time to compare us to the Jews. No one ever told the Jews that they were not the only ones killed. If you do not tell your story, it will be buried. All these twisting and comparison is to douse the intensity of suffering and death suffered by the Jehovah's witnesses. We know!

show me a passage in the Bible where Jehovah or Jesus preached neutrality.

You will even tell lies on a race to spread your lies.
Jw is a religious group, Semites are a race,
Only German jws, almost all Jews in Europe
2000 jws, 5,000,000 Jews
Jws had a choice that's why 2000 out of 12000 German jws died. Jews had no choice that's why 5,000,000 out of 9.5million Jews in Europe died.
Almost all jws were in united states of America while almost all Jews in the world where in Europe.

Your religion has killed more jws than Hitler ever did. Hitler is a saint compared to your Leaders.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
any proof to this slander?

The letter writing campaign to Putin

Rutherford praising Hitler

Bribing of Mexican officials to allow Mexican brothers skip compulsory alternative/military service

Appealing your Russian court judgement at European court of human rights

Registering in the UN
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

a reasoning that sounds good but unfortunately it only sounds good nothing more than that.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Good sound reasoning from intellectual minds. Love this!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

A verg good sound reasoning, it can only comes from discerning minds.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

His reasoning sounds good but that is all it can offer it only sounds good take it or leave!!!!! Build on it to your detriment because the key word there is ......."sounds good".
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Why the delusion of hate? Or does it enhance your persecution complex?
this kind of a response to a post tells you he only has reasoning that sounds good but such reasoning leaves nothing to build on.
Just something for you to ponder..... Is the thread about hate or persecution complex?
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by achorladey: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Oga there is time to talk and time to keep quiet. The post above encapsulate your mindset. The thread is not medal seeking thread and hate/persecution complex. I told you one time and I will repeat again dont loiter or lazy about someoneelse's business.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2017
achorladey:

Oga there is time to talk and time to keep quiet. The post above encapsulate your mindset. The thread is not medal seeking thread and hate/persecution complex. I told you one time and I will repeat again dont loiter or lazy about someoneelse's business.

That someone says nazis killed millions of Jews, is that why you are pained? Na una they seek medal na as The most persecuted group or religion on earth.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2017
achorladey:

a reasoning that sounds good but unfortunately it only sounds good nothing more than that.

Have you not been taught by your leaders to think it is sound reasoning? Stop acting like its mostly jws Hitler killed. People also know history.

Rutherford your leader praised Hitler for maltreating Jews. He saw Hitler as a great leader. Only to turn the opposite direction when they started imprisoning jws.
What kind of wicked leaders do you people have ?
Hitler dey learn where una leaders dey.
Sound reasoning indeed.
Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Peacefullove: 9:22am On Nov 28, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

But the ten thousand who didn't die hailed Hitler to avoid death. No matter how you want to put it millions of Jews died, gypsies, gays and sintis also.
You take someone's number one social support and you expect them not to react?
This one is worse than murder
The bad things about a high control group should be pointed out. You can deceive mentally unstable people but not normal people.

U are not normal, don't count yourself among normal people. If he choose to only broadcast that killing of his own fellow members, leave him alone . let others also broadcast theirs if they care about each other .

Beside , Go back to the former thread where u said there is nothing like end (/ Yet calling yourself bible believer ) to answer my question that tell me if Mr Peter is a slowpoke for saying ' the End is NEAR ' ? ... I await your response .

1 Like

Re: What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2017
Peacefullove:

U are not normal, don't count yourself among normal people. If he choose to only broadcast that killing of his own fellow members, leave him alone . let others also broadcast theirs if they care about each other .

Beside , Go back to the former thread where u said there is nothing like end (/ Yet calling yourself bible believer ) to answer my question that tell me if Mr Peter is a slowpoke for saying ' the End is NEAR ' ? ... I await your response .

The end is not near at all. If it like let it pain you. See someone that says he is normal. He is eagerly awaiting the end that his leaders imagine in their head when their God will come and kill 99.9% of people because they refused to join their organization
You will wait like you and your great grand ancestors have been waiting since 1879.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nephilim / Origin Of Sin / Why Does TB Joshua Have Only One Branch In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.