Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

What's So Special About Male Children? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Special About Male Children? (18295 Views)

What's So Special Wearing Native On Fridays? / What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About Male Children? by ifihearam: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
I was in a place with this woman who has four lovely daughters from our conversation I observed she wasn't done with birthing,so I asked if she was still ready for yet another child her response was rather astonishing "if I nor born boy pikin dem fit drive me comot for my husband house ooo"curiousity and shock seized my tongue for a couple of seconds.
We discussed further and other women there shared their experiences in the hands of nigerian men. Although I am not oblivious of the importance of male children but should it get this far such that a man gets another wife simply because his beloved wife did not bear him a male child hence I want to know your take in this very very sensitive and serious issue on ground.

To the guys in the house,would you get a second wife if your wife doesn't bear you a male child?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by slimyem: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
Its only peeps stuck in the stone age that still have such useless mentality...
Having a male child is not as important as it used to be...
A female child these days is a good as a male child..
Learned and rational people know that!

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ifihearam: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: Its only peeps stuck in the stone age that still have such useless mentality...

The most annoying part is the traditional aspect of it,my fear here is that most men are still stuck with this mentality as if its the woman that decides which sex to bring forth.

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MrsChima(f): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
They are no better than female children. The reason is to continue the family name becaise most women tend to take their husbands surname.

Other than that it is bullshit mentality.

5 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ifihearam: 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
They are no better than female children. The reason is to continue the family name becaise most women tend to take their husbands surname.

And continuity is a vital ingredient for the continuous existence of that lineage.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by slimyem: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
people with their brains intact should know that there's nothing in a name/surname other than a defining identity...
So that lineage continuity thing is a moronic mentality...
Some male children these days even drop their surname altogether and pick a fresh surname for themselves....
That male child nonsense is so two thousand and late!!!

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: Its only peeps stuck in the stone age that still have such useless mentality...

Amen, cosign 100%
it is that surname Mentality that makes people still follow that ancient belief; in china they make a big deal out of it, the way they kill female babies there since they can only have one child, so they prefer males over females there because of that. I am not against surnames or females taking their husbands and males retaining their own but I dont think that should be the reason males should be valued over females but I have seen some with that mentality.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MrsChima(f): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
ifihearam:

And continuity is a vital ingredient for the continuous existence of that lineage.

Children of any gender continues lineage.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by odumchi: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
The thing is that, traditionally, people have usually preferred male children over female children because a male child would continue the father's lineage and legacy.

However, that was in the days when women weren't as "equal" to men as they are today. Nowadays, most people don't mind anymore because women are as useful as men.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by kengis: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
It's easier to destroy a civilization ,people ,lineage,race through women ...
You just have to r-ap-e and impregnate them for centuries ...the offspring is doomed forever :this is a form of domination
this is why men are responsible for the lineage since day one

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MrsChima(f): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Lmao@women now are as useful as men.

If a woman can birth tons of babies and pop her nipple without tears...she was useful then as well.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by wandeay: 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
they are less expensive to manage especially while approaching adolescence
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You got it spot on. This is the reason. A male child will keep the family name while the female will just marry and may even forget where she came from. It's not because the male child is better than the female child.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by benkings(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
John thomas!!! males ah in charge of sp.erm warehouse....dats d special tin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by mimi321(f): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
my sister same happens where i am , i know a woman that has 6 beautiful daughters but want a boy badly

this same reason is why i don't want to marry a Nigerian man

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by free2ryhme: 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2012

Mrs.Chima:

Una no get work .. Haba .... This post has not spend 30 mins on front page you hags are already punching ya keypads or keyboards .. I pity una husband .. Abi dem use nairaland swear for the both of you

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by CeaserB: 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Na Baba God (Jehovah, Allah, Eledumare, Chukwu) Sign, Seal And Deliver The Authority To Us (Men).
So We (Men) Suggest You (Women) Send Your Appeal To The Supreme Creator If You Have Any Case Against (Men) Being "Special". Until Then You (Women) Can Keep Ranting. That Does Not Remove An Inch Of The Authority From Us (Men) grin

"And God said, Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over EVERY creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Genesis. 1:26).

"To the woman God said, I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall RULE over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

"But I permit NOT a Woman to teach, NOR to have dominion over a Man, but to be in quietness." (1 Timothy 2:12)

[size=21pt]...AND GOD SAID, "CASE DISMISSED!"angry grin[/size]

24 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ TOPIC:

1. Their Diicks

2. Their Name is forever.

3. Gods only child is a bloke.

4. Men were created first.

5. Men are the stonger sex.

6. God is a Man

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by seedord247(m): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ask igbo pple. sad

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by DonHummer(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
1..a man carries on d name of d family
2...on the averag men are more smarter dan women....

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
DonHummer: 1..a man carries on d name of d family
2...on the averag men are more smarter dan women....
I disagree with the bolded.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I disagree with the bolded.

Seconded...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Topic Absolutely nothing. undecided

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bibigirl07: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
All gender are equal to God. He doent judge one less than the other. Neither is there a preference. I'm sure if the Queen of England happens to be a Nigerian, Her hubby, the Duke ‎​Ãήϑ other kinsmen wld ave come up wit a cunny way to strip her of her powers.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by filcast(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
mimi321: my sister same happens where i am , i know a woman that has 6 beautiful daughters but want a boy badly

this same reason is why i don't want to marry a Nigerian man
Are u sure dats the only reason u dont want to marry(a nigerian man!)?.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bibigirl07: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
benkings: John thomas!!! males ah in charge of sp.erm warehouse....dats d special tin

Ehehe! Go ahead to birth babies with ur "almighty" sp.erms nao. John thomas ko, Mary Jane nii.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by idowuswap: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
Yoruba are better than other tribes well well
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
A man in my hood didn't pick the wife @ d hospital after d sixth girl.... his friend helped out..... lipsrsealed
filcast:
Are u sure dats the only reason u dont want to marry(a nigerian man!)?.

A man in my hood didn't pick the wife @ d hospital after d sixth girl.... his friend helped out..... :-x
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Dubemkelly(m): 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
Men keep da generation going n maintain da lineage....Female folks R entitled 2 be given out 4 marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? / Photos From 2017 Aba Festival Igara, Edo State / Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.