Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Wrong, Wenger Wrong - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wrong, Wenger Wrong (903 Views)

Arsenal New Signings,Nwakali & Samuel Chukwueze Pictured Wit Asene Wenger & Kanu / Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Wenger Talk About Signing Ike Uche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong, Wenger Wrong by sirwebs(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2006
By resting Henry Wenger lost the match. If Henry must be rested why couldn't it be against Pompey on wednesday? It seems Wenger didn't really want to win the game. Gooners what do you think.

Sirwebs
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by Priscila(f): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2006
sirwebs!
start telling us what we know.
Not everyday is Christmas! we lost ,conceded defeat and that's it.
Our fate was decided by God himself just like God was willing people to kill Jesus
We are Gunners so we demand respect in your writings!
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by okewole(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2006
Miss Priscila,
There is nothing Sirwebs has said dt warrant u to tell him to work on his discipline.He is saying the obvious and dt is exactly wht dt forums is meant for.Everyday can be Chritmas so far as u do things the right way dt calling spade a spade,Gunnners needs dt point very well and should ve gone into the match wt the best eleven.
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by Priscila(f): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2006
Gunners or Gooners?
ekewole you are anti-gunner thats why you see nothing wrong.
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by Jackal(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2006
I don't want y'all Gunners to cuss and fuss over this issue.
The simple truth is Arsenal lost to a better team. A team that has now won 9 league matches back to back.
There was nothing Wenger cld have don't to salvage the match,the young gunners were just too tired and fatigued to play their free-flowing football.

I must confess Arsenal's schedule is pretty tight but Wenger should have started Henry and prolly substituted him at half-time.
Henry's presence might have spurred the young guns to be at their best but i seriously doubt if his presence might have upset United's defence.
Arsenal was always lacking the cutting edge and the brilliance to unlock the defence throughout the match.

The only error Wenger made was removing Van Persie and keeping luckless Adebayor on the pitch. Van Perise is a dutch striker just like RUUD and hence a goal-poacher. Dutch strikers rarely,and i mean rarely waste chances. His eyes r always for the goal and nuthing more. He was the most likely Gunner that cld have scored a goal out of the whole bunch of mis-fits.
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by Priscila(f): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2006
Henry was a bit ill so he could not play as first choice.
But with him we would have won the match. fate was not our side.
jackal,for once you have appreciated him so you are not that bad!
thank you.
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by okewole(m): 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2006
Y assume at am anti-Gunner,u can check out my posting to know my position abt Gunners and u will surely know how  wrong u are abt me been anti-Gunner.In fact  am RED but ve never said anything bad abt Gunners because ve always been objective in my discussions.
Gunners is the club playing the best of European total footbll right now but dt those not change me been a RED which ve been for the past 30 years.To be Objective should be d watchword,lets call spade a spade--Wenger made a mistake,dts the point
Re: Wrong, Wenger Wrong by Greatpeter(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2006
Henry was tired.
He was burnt out after the Juventus clash.
You could see that he didn't make any impact when he was introduced.
They still have hope of clinching the fourth position which will automatically qualify them for Champions league next season.

(1) (Reply)

World's Wealthiest Football Clubs / Manchester United(2) Vs Blackburn Rovers(1) On Saturday 21st February / Know Your Football Clubs Silverware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.