Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? (763 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers On August 31, 2015 At 5:36 / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2012
i am asking becos with the crusade lunched against the Gods by the christians, the ATR has become synonymous with demon worship. But as time went by and with education,some people are begining to separate christian propaganda from the reality about the ATR. My question is; will this new knowledge, after being spread among majority of the people, change people's attitude toward the ATR and the ancestral Gods and therefore see a revival of the traditional religion.

1 Like

Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by mkmyers45(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2012
souldust: i am asking because with the crusade launched against the Gods by the christians, the ATR has become synonymous with demon worship. But as time went by and with education,some people are beginning to separate christian propaganda from the reality about the ATR. My question is; will this new knowledge, after being spread among majority of the people, change people's attitude toward the ATR and the ancestral Gods and therefore see a revival of the traditional religion.

*Sigh*

It is indeed very sad how ATR have been reduced to almost nothing as we africans under pressure of the gun abandoned 'Eledumare,Chukwu and Ubangiji' for the 'god' of foreigners...

ATR is just as mystical as all other religions and i think ATR may never be like before when it held much sway but indeed many are beginning to see truth's for themselves as the days pass by that truly Traditional Religions are not in any way bad devils with horns...Also we also have to factor in hypocrisy as many who call 'Lord Lord' also keep african protection by the side..There is an evolution of african religions especially ifa orisha but the glory days are far gone
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by oiseworld: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
mkmyers45:

*Sigh*

It is indeed very sad how ATR have been reduced to almost nothing as we africans under pressure of the gun abandoned 'Eledumare,Chukwu and Ubangiji' for the 'god' of foreigners...

ATR is just as mystical as all other religions and i think ATR may never be like before when it held much sway but indeed many are beginning to see truth's for themselves as the days pass by that truly Traditional Religions are not in any way bad devils with horns...Also we also have to factor in hypocrisy as many who call 'Lord Lord' also keep african protection by the side..There is an evolution of african religions especially ifa orisha but the glory days are far gone

what is the essence of serving a dead god? Why should anyone be proud of the dead. I want to believe this gods once existed, but they are nomore. They must have fallen to something superior, so why disturb their sleep.

Traditional worshippers should never be proud of anything. They should rather hide in shame. How can they (gods) have a large followership at one time only to lose them to something they can't explain. Their time is over,
moreover, i don't see the greeks still calling on zeus,zed etc.

Why? They are dead !!
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by mkmyers45(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
oiseworld:

what is the essence of serving a dead god? Why should anyone be proud of the dead. I want to believe this gods once existed, but they are no more. They must have fallen to something superior, so why disturb their sleep.

Traditional worshippers should never be proud of anything. They should rather hide in shame. How can they (gods) have a large followership at one time only to lose them to something they can't explain. Their time is over,
moreover, i don't see the greeks still calling on zeus,zed etc.

Why? They are dead !!

Look Mr man-made gods including christian folklores are as powerful as the amount of followers they have...People believe in Ifa-Orisha and it is fully working for them...Although some gods are generally presumed dormant/dead because of lack of followership it is impossible to label them dead.

Look i know traditionalists who are proud,happy,live life well and don't care about anything because they believe in what they serve and it works for them....All religions undergo some sort of evolution and i tell you that even the abrahamic faiths will be left behind if they fail to evolve...
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by oiseworld: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

Look Mr man-made gods including christian folklores are as powerful as the amount of followers they have...People believe in Ifa-Orisha and it is fully working for them...Although some gods are generally presumed dormant/dead because of lack of followership it is impossible to label them dead.

Look i know traditionalists who are proud,happy,live life well and don't care about anything because they believe in what they serve and it works for them....All religions undergo some sort of evolution and i tell you that even the abrahamic faiths will be left behind if they fail to evolve...

like i said before, don't disturb the dead. Let the dead sleep well. They had large followers before, so where are the followers now? They left after discouvering the gods were dead. Shikena!!

The Abrahamic faith had lasted generations and centuries, so i don't see it dieing in our time or any day. The needed evolution is the Abrahamic faith itself, any other would be the antichrist. And thats has also been predicted by the bible, and even things to come after that.

Soo, the Bible lives for ever. Why not make a wise choice now.
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by blaqoracle: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2012
souldust: i am asking becos with the crusade lunched against the Gods by the christians, the ATR has become synonymous with demon worship. But as time went by and with education,some people are begining to separate christian propaganda from the reality about the ATR. My question is; will this new knowledge, after being spread among majority of the people, change people's attitude toward the ATR and the ancestral Gods and therefore see a revival of the traditional religion.
african tradition religion (atr) should be called african religion tradition(ART). the word (atr) is the weapon the used in reducing african religion to a mere tradition....

1 Like

Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by mkmyers45(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2012
oiseworld:

like i said before, don't disturb the dead. Let the dead sleep well. They had large followers before, so where are the followers now? They left after discovering the gods were dead. Shikena!!

The Abrahamic faith had lasted generations and centuries, so i don't see it dieing in our time or any day. The needed evolution is the Abrahamic faith itself, any other would be the antichrist. And thats has also been predicted by the bible, and even things to come after that.

Soo, the Bible lives for ever. Why not make a wise choice now.

They still have large followers

Practitioners of traditional religions in sub-Saharan Africa are distributed among 43 countries, and are estimated to number about 70 million, or 12% of African population, while the largest religions in Africa are Christianity and Islam, accounting for 45% and 40%, respectively. As everywhere, adherence to an organized religion does not preclude a residue of folk religion in which traditions predating Christianization or Islamisation survive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_African_religion

I laugh at your bolded like seriously....The 'gods' of our ancestors are still very much alive and if you doubt why not go and see for yourself.....How many of the said gods did you kill? where you at their burial?

Seriously lol at abrahamic faiths have been here for centuries and generations...and they are still the same from those days? Never in fact there is no religion that constantly changed their skin like the abrahamic faiths...
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by gst101: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
@oiseword. There is no religion as old as the ATR. Do your research. The only reason why the abrahamic rel have flourished is that they demonize others and take advantage of their gullibility and ignorance. No wonder in parts of the world were people are less gullible and enlightened, the abrahamic rel are endangered.

Now that africans are beginning to know more, i see a vibrant future for the ATR

1 Like

Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by tobechi20(m): 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2012
Its unfortunate dat most of their folowers are illeterate who cant defend their belief.

1 Like

Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by gst101: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
@oiseworld. i am curious, which of the abrahams faith you see as the way becos you tend to be insupport of the three. I believe you are christian.
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by mkmyers45(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2012
tobechi20: Its unfortunate dat most of their folowers are illeterate who cant defend their belief.

Many of them are now literate and even professors and men/women of academia...they dont need to defend anything as they feel what they do works for them
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by gst101: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
tobechi20: Its unfortunate dat most of their folowers are illeterate who cant defend their belief.
that where the problem is. And it is the only reason why christianity was able to flourish. It plays on the peoples ignorance to gain its popularity. But people are beginning to get educated, maybe that could change.
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by oiseworld: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2012
gst101: @oiseword. There is no religion as old as the ATR. Do your research. The only reason why the abrahamic rel have flourished is that they demonize others and take advantage of their gullibility and ignorance. No wonder in parts of the world were people are less gullible and enlightened, the abrahamic rel are endangered.

Now that africans are beginning to know more, i see a vibrant future for the ATR

what future do you see? They have no future, unless they would rain with the antichrist. They ard dead.

You say the Abrahamic faith take advantagr of others shee? I always asked this thing, why were we colonized by the whites,afterall civilization started in africa. So how come we didn't end up colonizing the world and used the whites for slave trade? Why was it this way around?

Answer: their gods failed them.plain and simple. the gods died or went to sleep.
The same thing that killed the gods then, would still kill them now. Nomatter how you try to ressurect them. They will still put their followers to shame as usual.

Jesus is the answer.
I am the way the truth and the life. No one cometh unto thd father but by me.jhon 14;6
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:39am On Aug 26, 2012

yes but some of us are literate. i am literate and i am the worst nightmare of christians and muslims here on Nairaland. cool
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:40am On Aug 26, 2012
oiseworld:

what future do you see? They have no future, unless they would rain with the antichrist. They ard dead.

You say the Abrahamic faith take advantagr of others shee? I always asked this thing, why were we colonized by the whites,afterall civilization started in africa. So how come we didn't end up colonizing the world and used the whites for slave trade? Why was it this way around?

Answer: their gods failed them.plain and simple. the gods died or went to sleep.
The same thing that killed the gods then, would still kill them now. Nomatter how you try to ressurect them. They will still put their followers to shame as usual.

Jesus is the answer.
I am the way the truth and the life. No one cometh unto thd father but by me.jhon 14;6

hohoho so now you are justifying colonialism with christianity! filthy traitors. xtianism has turned you into a monster. . angry
Re: Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? by gst101: 4:35am On Aug 26, 2012
oiseworld:

Jesus is the answer.
the israelis were sold into slavery. They were molested and disgraced. Maybe we can also say their god failed them. XXXtians suffer the same fate today. We can also say thhe same thing for them.

(1) (Reply)

Bloodlines Of The Nephilim / Seeking For Help: Christian/muslim Approach In Rendering Hands Of Assistance / Christmas Or Easter, Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.