Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Men of God Or Gods Of Men? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men of God Or Gods Of Men? (13292 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by ooman(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

The catholic church is the root of all the evils we are fighting against in institutionalized Christianity.

that is a lie. If the catholic church is the root of evil, then the bible is the water and mineral that feeds the root
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

The catholic church is the root of all the evils we are fighting against in institutionalized Christianity.
what evil? U made no logic yet u seem passionate abt wat u dnt knw. Sentimental goat, let ur pastors deceive u wit charms.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2013
ooman:

that is a lie. If the catholic church is the root of evil, then the bible is the water and mineral that feeds the root
he dosen't knw d history of christianity and d bible. Am just sorry for all these protestants cos most of d followers ar jst nt aware of their faith and doctrine.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Tybal(f): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Confirmbabe:

Park well jor, mind u i didn't say all imams ar shady bt som. I live in d north, i grew up n schoold in d north so i knw wot i'm sayin. Tank God u said 'most imams' or ar u a learner?
And in d north u saw dat muslims there pay tithes and offerings in mosques lyk d xtains, muslims r d same everywhere whether north or south. I wonder why u people lyk including muslims wen discussing problems partaining to ur religion ur religion.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Tybal(f): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
abbeyfx2:

Let me help you with that sis. Islam has called ppl to be slaves for their god. Christianity is calling ppl to be sons and daughters of God. So, children can complain slaves aint supposed to. /// I belive d teachings of almost every religion that u either worship God n follow is orders or u go to hell has already confirmed dat everybody is a slave to God, d diff btwn muslims and odas being dat we ackknowlege the fact with pride while odas refused even though not minding to b slaves to dr fellow men(thank God dats wat they'v been discussing on ds thread). Besides who do u complain abt, God or men, shioor./// They just follow orders, and see with the eyes of mallam leaders(no offences tho)
And look at d statement of one dat doesn't see thru d eyes of his pastor. Since u'v neva attended a muslim lecture b4 u wuldn't know dat dr is a section for questions n answers unlyk in d Xtains setting. We do not follow blindly. even gaan u can't just compare us, we've been taught to b contented and patient unlyk u people dat just want instant miracles n i think dat is d weapon ur ministers are using, most of u r all gullible and do not want to b patient(no offence intended)
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is indeed a powerful thread. A thread every christian and religious morons should read again and again till they see realize the undiluted truth it conveyed.

A true prophets never dies.His or her name will forever forever in the minds of the people who come across his/her messages. unfortunately,such prophets would be worshiped by the gullible( like we can see today),observed and put into action by the wise.

According to history,there have been true prophets of truth and still are all over the universe. Jesus was one,Kalil Gibrane(if anyone cares to read his quotes, will see put him in the bracket as Jesus), Fela Anikulapo Kuti(everything he warned us against are happening today... This Man will never die), Martin Luther king, Wole soyinka(living icon),Ojukwue(wished he managed free his people from the bondage of Nigeria)...a lot more all over Africa who have laid down their lives and happiness for their fellow humans

Today's religious leaders care a lot about material things. It is a pity most people are sheep following them blindly. And a sheep can only be lead to the slaughter. If we all fight for justice today, we will be heroes to the next generation. if we don't, they will remain slaves like us.

When last did Oyedepo,Adeboye join in a protest to free Nigeria from a vampire government? These are signs that they are cowards and corrupt. A true leader should be ready to lay down his/her life for his followers and not only preach/collect tithes every Sunday of the week.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Like i said earlier, the writer has been frank/sincere but not entirely truthful. It is needful that you are truthful and not mixing truth with error no matter how little, especially when you stand to condemn others. just to touch on some few points raised,
It is a history of how the apostles appointed by Jesus took his word from “Samaria to Judea and to utmost parts of the earth”. The apostles left their comfort zones into presumed enemy territories to preach the gospel, they didn’t sit in their homes and ask their followers to fast and pray for the gospel to get to the utmost parts of the earth, they “Acted”. They walked, rode on donkeys and sailed on canoes. They acted!
Actually, the apostles took the Word from Judea to Samaria and to the other parts of the earth. It wasn't from Samaria to Judea. It's little it seems but nonetheless accurate. All you need to do is read this reference book of Acts the writer talked about. Also, the apostles remained in Jerusalem while other christians were scattered about.
Act 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, [size=18pt]except the apostles[/size].
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Also, the fact needs to be stated that most of these preachers under attack have been to different locations(inviting and non-inviting) all across the globe. It remains unfair that one lazy writer can sit on some blog and make outlandish assumptions without presenting what he himself has done. The great commission is the responsibility of every believer. you who is demanding action, what have you done, and to what effect.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

The bible documents that Jesus spoke against evil authorities. He didn’t offer them special prayers, he didn’t accept tithes and offerings from them and just went his way. He spoke against them in public. Jesus Christ was a true revolutionary even till the very end!
Where please, because you are matching this with the impression that Jesus acted like some sort of union or activist against the govenment of His time. Jesus is NEVER recorded as speaking against the government. He had Caesar Augustus, Nero, Pilate, the Herods and co. And they were quite oppressive rulers but He never spoke against them even when tempted to, as recorded the the case of giving to Caesar, and of pilate's murderous behaviour, where He(Jesus) was expected to 'react'. Instead Barabbas the robber was the seditious fellow, and as the people chose and loved him, so it is today.

My dad once told me that, as a kid, Christian missionaries came to his Dad (my grandfather, that is) begging him to allow his children come to their school free of charge. He proceeded to Abeokuta Grammar school where Reverend Kuti was principal, free of charge. He later got a scholarship to study abroad. The church paid all through!
God or Jesus never sent us to start schools or render education(free or paid). It is your own volition or discretion what you do about that as long as it doesn't contradict God's plan for your life. The christian missionaries in your dad's time were funded by the tithes, offerings, mission vows and pledges of others in their country(ies). No disrespect to their sacrifices, but they didn't build schools, churches and hospitals with water. White people contributed these monies in many ways like they do today. There are so called christian universities in their countries too. Anyone can give a scholarship based on several reasons, it is not a christian peculiarity or a pass to Heaven. Most schools have scholarship programs, and it cannot be for everybody. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. The great commission does not enforce giving of freebies. Add these to your thoughts.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

am not holding brief for the catholics..but this kinds of statements does no one any good..now how do you convert someone with these kinds of statements? i know of catholics who have experience GOD even more than these false hypocritical christians who parade themselves as true worshippers..you guys would be shocked on the that day when JESUS HIMSELF WOULD WELCOME CATHOLICS INTO THE KINGDOM.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 08, 2013
Fela anikulapokuti sang-

"archbishop na miliki
pope na enjoyment
imam na igbaladun"
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 08, 2013
Bidam: am not holding brief for the catholics..but this kinds of statements does no one any good..now how do you convert someone with these kinds of statements? i know of catholics who have experience GOD even more than these false hypocritical christians who parade themselves as true worshippers..you guys would be shocked on the that day when JESUS HIMSELF WOULD WELCOME CATHOLICS INTO THE KINGDOM.
why are u always out to criticize frosbel especially when he's making sense?he hasnt said God doesnt love catholic members-He does-what he is saying his dat their system is corrupt and God hates dat. haba!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by free2ryhme: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2013
Chukskalidon:
he dosen't knw d history of christianity and d bible. Am just sorry for all these protestants cos most of d followers ar jst nt aware of their faith and doctrine.

guy speak for ya sef ... we are not natives that foolishly follow idols
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by manmustwac(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2013
talk2s:

In your mind, 'fasting and praying' is nothing!
It shows your level of knowledge though.
Can you please explain to me how closing your eyes & talking to yourself & starving yourself have helped our country to progress?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2013
Black Peni5:

Are you saying religion and politics should be mixed...Personally, I think its a bad idea.

So if all of us become preachers, who will we preach to.

Jesus did not receive offerings because he was not heading a physical church. However he acknowledges offering given.
According to Mark 12: 41-44 Jesus sat near the temple money box where people put their gifts. He watched the people put money in the box. Many rich people gave much money. Then a poor widow came and gave two very small copper coins. These coins were not even worth a penny. Jesus called his followers to him. Jesus said, "I tell you the truth. This poor widow gave only two small coins. But she really gave more than all the rich people. Those people have plenty; they gave only what they did not need. This woman is very poor. But she gave all she had. And she needed that money to help her live."

Why do you like battle and revolution like this. Must everything be by force?

Politics and Religion are two extremely different areas. Thats why Seun has Politics section and Religion Sections on Nairaland.

Bros rather than tell us your life story, why not open your church and do all these things you are saying.

according to my understanding tithes and offering is for dd priests. because they depend on d gospel for a living. nowadays d men of GOd re strictly businessmen. (some have oil block).
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2013
Black Peni5:

Are you saying religion and politics should be mixed...Personally, I think its a bad idea.

So if all of us become preachers, who will we preach to.

Jesus did not receive offerings because he was not heading a physical church. However he acknowledges offering given.
According to Mark 12: 41-44 Jesus sat near the temple money box where people put their gifts. He watched the people put money in the box. Many rich people gave much money. Then a poor widow came and gave two very small copper coins. These coins were not even worth a penny. Jesus called his followers to him. Jesus said, "I tell you the truth. This poor widow gave only two small coins. But she really gave more than all the rich people. Those people have plenty; they gave only what they did not need. This woman is very poor. But she gave all she had. And she needed that money to help her live."

Why do you like battle and revolution like this. Must everything be by force?

Politics and Religion are two extremely different areas. Thats why Seun has Politics section and Religion Sections on Nairaland.

Bros rather than tell us your life story, why not open your church and do all these things you are saying.

according to my understanding tithes and offering is for dd priests. because they depend on d gospel for a living. nowadays d men of GOd re strictly businessmen. (some have oil block).
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
Confirmbabe:

Park well jor, mind u i didn't say all imams ar shady bt som. I live in d north, i grew up n schoold in d north so i knw wot i'm sayin. Tank God u said 'most imams' or ar u a learner?
since u live in the north too, do u ever heard of imam owning a private jet? Our mosques are not business centres like most of ur churches.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Image123:
xcuse me? Do you speak english?
no Latin is what I speak
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Emusan(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
ooman:

you want to tart that again?

I can't argue with you on that again but I want you to know is that God really exist because I have a personal prove
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
solidbroda: no Latin is what I speak
little wonder, i forgive you.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

guy speak for ya sef ... we are not natives that foolishly follow idols
Following idols. That has been a tag on catholic identity. I wonder why some people cannot hear to the beats of drum and understand the hand writting on d wall. What is d idol catholics worship, Is it God or some gods in ur village? If the lord God is d idol I worship then I would do that a thousand times a day. At d early century when xtianity founds its way in d middle east (modern Israel and Palestine) 2ru Jesus Christ things were as it is nw because, in d 4th century when it began to spread. It became the official religion of the Roman Empire(which is modern Roman Catholic). So, if its clear your fore fathers worshipped d idols as xtian in d early centuries why condemn it nw? What is d meaning of idol? Moses in d wilderness ordered d Israelites to make a mould out frm dia golds and silver earings and neckless' and worship d lord. Does it mean they're worshing idol? B4 the splitting off by d protestants didn't all of dem worshipped d idol as u tagged it with d Roman Empire. Most of ur pastors ar jst dia 4 business so sumtimes do some research. Try and balance ur theological views with real philosophy. Am nt fighting 4 catholicism, it wil fight 4 himself bt am clear that catholics dnt worship idols, we worship God. I have never seen any protestant that had defined catholic and its activities wit a real logic and reason rather ur definitions ar based on literal meanings. "They worship idols" and dats it without any logic. Please, xtianity is nt meant to b changed. Jesus Christ did nt say, "after some years split and make xtianity vast". No, he didn't so, so am sticking to d xtianity I knw that was instituted by Jesus Christ and governed my St Peter in Rome.LEX ORANDI...LEX TRIVENDI...LEX VIVENDI
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
My dear it is you that is void of all manner of wisdom,scriptural and spiritual.your claim that they were insulted to justify thier fraudulent way of life is laughable,do you no how many times apostle paul escaped death from preaching the gospel? Countless insult etc, yet he open virtually 90% of the churches in his time and pioneered the xtianity life you are enjoying today.if he was materialist like your mog of today he would have been the wealthiest man of his time.he still had time to make tent and sell for his up keep.no wonder God so much bless him far above any new testement apostle.wake up you can also read my other contribution about apostle peter.
kingzson1: Who ever wrote this piece lacks wisdom of GOD,al he has is Obvious knowlege.where were u? Wen dis men of GOD were on the road,preaching and evangelising,where were u wen they were insulted by those they preached to.nw u stand here to write such an empty piece absent of GODLY reasoning.today because GOD has blessd them,u cn open ur mouth to tok,why don't u start a church from scratch n see how easy it is to hv a ministry.stop allowing the devil use u,get a job. Are u tryin to tell me that there are no sincere men of GOD in this country that have attained heights that are worthy of note? Mtchew!!! Look here young man everyone may agree with u bt I dnt n if u read the scripture u will unsderstand the tins u don't...good day.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
You are correct my mallam aboki your imans may not need jets now as they are spending heavily on weapons to finance thier pet project boko haram.get out of this thread now.
Zarian5:
since u live in the north too, do u ever heard of imam owning a private jet? Our mosques are not business centres like most of ur churches.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
I was tempted to ignore your total foolishness but out of compassion I felt you have a right to learn.you dont read the bible with assumptions.1.Jesus came to earth with a well defined and specific purpose that if altered or derail will have a far reaching consequence both on earth and in heaven.thus challenging the authories of the time would have alterd his mission.also note that the religious leaders were the ones that were indirectly incharge of isreal even at the time and all thier encounter with Jesus note how he addresses them.(2) how can you say that churches are not oblige to build schools and health centers,a church should meet both your spiritual and physical Need that is the true xtianity. study after d penticost whem the first church under peter started increasing the bible said every bodys need were met non was lacking peter did not use church money to float a fishing industry.(3).your argument abt the offerings and tithe use to spread xtianity in africa building schools etc is true life in christ at work.why should one mog maintained four private jet, worth abt 20billion naira when that money can build house,hospitals,free schools.i will find time to guide you my son you lack wisdom.
Image123: Like i said earlier, the writer has been frank/sincere but not entirely truthful. It is needful that you are truthful and not mixing truth with error no matter how little, especially when you stand to condemn others. just to touch on some few points raised,

Actually, the apostles took the Word from Judea to Samaria and to the other parts of the earth. It wasn't from Samaria to Judea. It's little it seems but nonetheless accurate. All you need to do is read this reference book of Acts the writer talked about. Also, the apostles remained in Jerusalem while other christians were scattered about.
[color=#990000]Act 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, [size=18pt]except the apostles[/size].
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Also, the fact needs to be stated that most of these preachers under attack have been to different locations(inviting and non-inviting) all across the globe. It remains unfair that one lazy writer can sit on some blog and make outlandish assumptions without presenting what he himself has done. The great commission is the responsibility of every believer. you who is demanding action, what have you done, and to what effect.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

Where please, because you are matching this with the impression that Jesus acted like some sort of union or activist against the govenment of His time. Jesus is NEVER recorded as speaking against the government. He had Caesar Augustus, Nero, Pilate, the Herods and co. And they were quite oppressive rulers but He never spoke against them even when tempted to, as recorded the the case of giving to Caesar, and of pilate's murderous behaviour, where He(Jesus) was expected to 'react'. Instead Barabbas the robber was the seditious fellow, and as the people chose and loved him, so it is today.

God or Jesus never sent us to start schools or render education(free or paid). It is your own volition or discretion what you do about that as long as it doesn't contradict God's plan for your life. The christian missionaries in your dad's time were funded by the tithes, offerings, mission vows and pledges of others in their country(ies). No disrespect to their sacrifices, but they didn't build schools, churches and hospitals with water. White people contributed these monies in many ways like they do today. There are so called christian universities in their countries too. Anyone can give a scholarship based on several reasons, it is not a christian peculiarity or a pass to Heaven. Most schools have scholarship programs, and it cannot be for everybody. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. The great commission does not enforce giving of freebies. Add these to your thoughts.
[/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 09, 2013
Chiefpriest: I was tempted to ignore your total foolishness but out of compassion I felt you have a right to learn.you dont read the bible with assumptions.1.Jesus came to earth with a well defined and specific purpose that if altered or derail will have a far reaching consequence both on earth and in heaven.thus challenging the authories of the time would have alterd his mission.also note that the religious leaders were the ones that were indirectly incharge of isreal even at the time and all thier encounter with Jesus note how he addresses them.(2) how can you say that churches are not oblige to build schools and health centers,a church should meet both your spiritual and physical Need that is the true xtianity. study after d penticost whem the first church under peter started increasing the bible said every bodys need were met non was lacking peter did not use church money to float a fishing industry.(3).your argument abt the offerings and tithe use to spread xtianity in africa building schools etc is true life in christ at work.why should one mog maintained four private jet, worth abt 20billion naira when that money can build house,hospitals,free schools.i will find time to guide you my son you lack wisdom. [/color][color=#990000]
FROM THE LITTLE I GATHERED FROM IMAGE POST... MONEY CANNOT ADVANCE GOD'S KINGDOM BECAUSE THE KINGDOM ITSELF IS ZOE..THE LIFE FORCE OF GOD..I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH..YTOU GUYS ALWAYS MIX UP MINISTRY AND THE KINGDOM OF GOD..THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS BRO...
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2013
What is this chiefpiest on about? Did he/she read the op at all?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
My dear for xtians ministry is a revelation about divinity at work in humanity,our lord Jesus initiated the ministry of God kindom. And the op message is abt the greed among G.Os .
Bidam: FROM THE LITTLE I GATHERED FROM IMAGE POST... MONEY CANNOT ADVANCE GOD'S KINGDOM BECAUSE THE KINGDOM ITSELF IS ZOE..THE LIFE FORCE OF GOD..I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH..YTOU GUYS ALWAYS MIX UP MINISTRY AND THE KINGDOM OF GOD..THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS BRO...
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by emmasege: 7:49am On Mar 12, 2013
U see that's my problem wt u catholics. u seem to think u r holier than anyone else. For ur info, the biblical christianity is not the one currently being practised by the catholics, and this was what led to the splitting of the church i.e. protestant faith. And when u get to the gate of heaven, u will not be asked which church u attended while on earth. The question will be that 'were u born again?". If u like carry denominational pride put for head, u 'll soon discover that salvation is not in ur denomination but in Christ and biblical christianity alone!
Chukskalidon:
The catholic church is an established denomination. We all knw d truth. Things of d past during d time of apostles like missionaries are still practiced in the catholic today. Peter left the SEE OF ROME as the head of disciples and thats what I stood on for my faith. Everyone wants to condemn d catholic church why? Jehovah witness, Anglicans, pentecostals, satanists(obama and group) all against one church.. Have u asked urself why?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Chiefpriest: You are correct my mallam aboki your imans may not need jets now as they are spending heavily on weapons to finance thier pet project boko haram.get out of this thread now.[color=#990000][/color]
Our imams buying weapons for boko haram? With which money? You think they also rob us in the name of thithe/offering like you guys? Accusing them of financing bh is just ur imagination which u dont have even a fake report that back it up. But we all know how your priests live their live styles. Everyone knows that the church in Nigeria is more like business centre than religious one. Everybody open his church to earn money, own mansions, jets etc. It is one of the most lucrative businesses in the country. Who are you to ask me to leave this thread? Fooool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi / Conquer Your Fears With These Courage-building Bible Verses / Misuse Of The Bible Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.