Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,835 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time (2572 Views)

Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist / Who Do You Think Is The Greatest Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
I've been thinking for a while about the scientist whose invention or contribution has
benefitted mankind the most.
My favourite would be Isaac Newton.
He's the inventor of calculus which is applied in every aspect of science and technology. Also the laws of motion which has enabled us to launch rockets into space. He laid the foundation to many other inventions.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by Compudoms(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Papa God. Simple!
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 2:19am On Aug 25, 2012
Human scientist. Not God, not angel or demon.

1 Like

Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by sam79(m): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2012
Micheal Faraday electricity n lata electronics brought abt technology revolution dat we enjoy 2day.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by kariolality: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Nikola Tesla,a scientist and an engineer who invented electromagnet<thus AC circuit>....Albert Einstein,my German man who worked out/invent a mathematical equation E=mc^2 in quantum physics. This lead to d invention of atomic bomb,d relationship between mass and energy in a nuclear reaction,the energy trapped can also be used to generate electricity e.t.c
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by vislabraye(m): 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
Faraday is another important inventor we couldn't have done without.Newton's laws are applied in every area of science and technologhy.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by waniliew: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2012
Not God, not angel or demon.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by Rocktation(f): 1:01am On Sep 02, 2012
Archimedes of cos! He did all he did more than 2000 years ago with no computer to help him like the modern day inventors. He thought up his inventions with his head, the old-fashioned way and some of his inventions include siege weapons and I read, a device that could use the reflection of the sun to blow up Romans' ships back then. Imagine that! Plus, let's not forget that he's still one of the greatest mathematicians of all time. He proferred a formular to get the area under the arc of a parabola, and he came close to getting the exact calculation of pi and many other stuff that's giving us mathematical wahala to this day.

Also, Nikola Tesla was behind the invention of the alternating current, so I wouldn't be too fast to accord glory to Faraday.

1 Like

Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by kariolality: 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Isaac Newton and one other scientist invented Calculus<one of the most powerful topic in mathematics>..Calculus is useful in Science(especially in physics),Economics and a useful tool in various Engineering fields...Isaac Newton is also noted for his contribution in Technology,he is the one that actually brought about space travel..My best scientists are 5.Marie Curie 4.Avogadro 3.Nikola Tesla 2.Albert Einstein 1.Isaac Newton
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by Nadoson: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2012
To my own undertanding, ONE is the best, master & highest in his own field of invention so Each & evry one of them did a great job in his own field of knwoledge.
But i allways commented on Sir ISAAC NEWTON, because both his laws has effect on human beign.. Mostlly, FIRST & THIRD LAW OF MOTTION is applicable to human behaviour.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by Nebeuwa(m): 1:12am On Sep 03, 2012
I would also add Leonardo da Vinci as a possible candidate of who's the greatest scientist of all time.

His technological ingenuity was ahead of his time period. He conceptualized a helicopter, a tank, concentrated solar power, a calculator, and he outlined a rudimentary theory of plate tectonics.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 1:26am On Sep 03, 2012
Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Karl Friedrich Gauss
Gottfried Leibniz
Archimedes
Shen Kuo
Brahmagupta
Ibn al-Haytham
Leonardo Da Vinci
Zhang Heng
Leonhard Euler

^^^
One of those guys.
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by Nebeuwa(m): 1:37am On Sep 03, 2012
PhysicsQED: Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Karl Friedrich Gauss
Gottfried Leibniz
Archimedes
Shen Kuo
Brahmagupta
Ibn al-Haytham
Leonardo Da Vinci
Zhang Heng
Leonhard Euler

^^^
One of those guys.

What about Nikola Tesla and Aristotle?
Re: Who's The Greatest Scientist Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 2:59am On Sep 03, 2012
Nebeuwa:

What about Nikola Tesla and Aristotle?

Aristotle got too many things wrong when it came to physics. He came up with ingenious ideas without experimentation/verification to explain phenomena but his explanations turned out to be completely wrong and to have actually hindered progress somewhat. His only really significant scientific contribution was actually just classification in biology. Yet there have been several much greater biologists than Aristotle.

Tesla was very brilliant yes, but we're talking about of all time. He was probably the greatest inventor of the modern era though.

(1) (Reply)

9 Infamous Inventions Their Creators Probably Regret Inventing / 20 Amazing Things You Won’t Believe Actually Exist In Nature / 25 Greatest Unsolved Mysteries Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.