Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, (1975 Views)

Can I Join These Professional Bodies Without Being Employed? / Are Professional Courses Really Important / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by cowgurl: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
PMP
OPM
HSE
EIA
etc.

Been browsing this section for some time now, hoping to get detailed information on these courses and others from previous threads created but am still stuck . Am interested in finding out;
1. How these courses benefit one?
2. Which of them is more lucrative?
3. Are these courses accepted in all organization?
4. The courses' duration.

And most importantly, is there anyone familiar with this legal institute called the Pan-African Institute of Paralegal Studies in Nigeria? Confusing how they say, they are accredited and me finding out they are not.
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by yamakuza: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
thot u were a pychologist?

anyway, i can only identify PMP and HSE as professional certs/tracks on your list . EIA seems to be a field, though it has its own certs too.

whats OPM?

if you were to throw more light on your background and what you intend to achieve (short and long term) with these certs, people might be able to able to help finetune your search.

For now, all i can say is that HSE + EIA would move you towards oil and gas, but we dont know if you have the kind of degree they seek in that industry.

PMP cuts across more industries, but you'd need experience to go with it.

why do you want to be a paralegal?

what happened to the "self employed" thread?

personally, i cant really recommend any for you till i know more about you/your plans.

1 Like

Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by cowgurl: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
Thanks for the tip buddy. Lemme remind you, one being knowledgeable and getting certified if possible in all professions is very important for good business be you self-employed or not, don't wanna be limited you know, call me jane of all trade and mistress of all, lolz!

OPM stands for Operations and Personnel Management, ever heard of it?

And who says Psychology does not cut across all professions Yamakuza, you?
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by yemmyma: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
cowgurl: Thanks for the tip buddy. Lemme remind you, one being knowledgeable and getting certified if possible in all professions is very important for good business be you self-employed or not, don't wanna be limited you know, call me jane of all trade and mistress of all, lolz!

You kid me not? You can't do it all gurl.
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by yamakuza: 12:40am On Aug 26, 2012
cowgurl: Thanks for the tip buddy. Lemme remind you, one being knowledgeable and getting certified if possible in all professions is very important for good business be you self-employed or not, don't wanna be limited you know, call me jane of all trade and mistress of all, lolz!

since you havent denied you studied psychology and now that i know what OPM stands for, i can recommend CIPM/OPM + PMP or[b] HSE + PMP[/b] or HSE + EIA or HSE + EIA + PMP in that order, moreso as you are doing it for the knowledge.

as per the paralegal stuff, hope you know lawyers are poorly paid in Nigeria? why not consider Chartered Institute of Administrators or the one for company secretaries?

if you studied psychology and also want to do business on the side, a career in HR might suit you. you can setup a recruitment firm and head hunt for companies.

please let us know what your plans are or which track you now want to settle for so we can tell you what we know about the exams/training required.
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by cowgurl: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
Expect a mail from me Yamakuza and thanks.
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by yamakuza: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
more opinions needed pls ...
Re: I Need Feedback On These Professional Courses Please, by tochilastborn(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
@op cowgurl.hw much waz ur tuition fees for studying psychology n wich university

(1) (Reply)

Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time / Thread for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineers / Ugandan Court Suspends Clerk For Wearing Tight-mini Skirt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.