Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Are Professional Courses Really Important - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Professional Courses Really Important (20599 Views)

Professional Courses / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Getting Perspective On What's Really Important In Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Professional Courses Really Important by krestup: 11:21am On Aug 28, 2013
There is a quote that says “…a person who stops to grow will continue to decline…” this portraits the fact that any person who considers their states of accomplishment as sufficient will always find their self lacking a lot of things. In an ever competitive world that is fueled by the need to accomplish greater height,demands that anybody who wants to be great should always seek room for more improvement in their area of expertise.

The importance of taking a professional course to improve your performance in a given career cannot be over exaggerated because of its value. This is the number one point in the business world that is always demanded from everyone, to the point that managers and company owners take time to schedule training for their staff. The benefits are numerous that is why it is highly recommended for everyone to take a professional course.

http://career.com.ng/are-professional-courses-really-important/

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by krestup: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Here are also some benefit of professional course...

It helps to improve your knowledge for more effectiveness.

It gives you an extra push in your performance level through advanced strategies.

It keeps you in form which will make your employer to value you more.

It set you apart from your colleagues because your output will double in result.

It helps you to keep pace with the current standard of things at that season.

It safe guards your credibility before your employers and makes you highly demanded.

It helps you from being outdated in an ever developing society.

You are able to meet customer/client demands in a more professional way that makes them come back for more.

Most times it makes you the pacesetter in your career field.

You are always able to contribute largely to the development of a job.

It creates room for you to be exposed to new possibilities, skills and knowledge.

It enhances your creativity to the amazement of your boss.

It guarantees you a promotional spot in your work place due to your improve performance.

I would also like to know how professional course has benefited you...

5 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by everyday: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Professional courses are relevant in your field of study.It will further enhance your skills
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by redsquare(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
If you think they are not, then go and study yoruba or igbo language and lets see how far you can go with that.

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Andyblaze: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Philosophy no important
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by steg0miah: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Imagine the world without doctors, who will be there to save lives, imagine the world without engineers and architects, imagine the world without lawyers, imagine the world without accountants.... Guess that will answer your question
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Babaneh(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
professional course tells the world about your level of knowledge as compared to a bsc holder. it means u have more knowledge about ur discipline. cos a professor is defined as someone that knows a lot about a single discipline.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Just have a specific area of specialization...and focus on it,professional or not! Chikena...undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by fr3do(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Op answered himself

in a developping country like 9ja
we seriously need professionals (especially those in the sciences) not just Bsc holders.

The number of students that apply for bus. Admin and pol. science is annoying.

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by 3ace(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
What of those who are successful without any professional qualification?

4 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by OuchDaddy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
*wrong-ROOM*! + the Title does not reflect the actual entails by the @OP! Now 2d Question @Topic! My Answer is totally No! If u're seeking a Job & totally Yes if you already have a Job! + I have like 4 professional courses certificate including OCA & DBCA from India & still no Job! So it's totally irrelevant once u don't have a connection! *sighs

6 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by 3ace(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Babaneh: professional course tells the world about your level of knowledge as compared to a bsc holder. it means u have more knowledge about ur discipline. cos a professor is defined as someone that knows a lot abount a single discipline.
That's true. It gives you an edge particularly in these era of numerous jobless graduates but it is not a guarantee for success.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Everybody cant bcome a lawyer,everybody cant become a doctor,nd oda peofesional courses like dat..anyOne dat u tink u can handle,try tO b d best in it...dia many nurses and pharmacist dat are well respected dan doctors ...dO u tink all dOctOrs ar doctors some of dem just av d oppurtunity to become one..

3 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by pstdre(m): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Noted!!!
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by akanbijm: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
You try to study a professional course,you will know that the difference is very wide from your B.SC.You can try ICAN if you are in the Accounting field.Try it and you shall see the difference.

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by BennethIbekwe: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
It makes you a master in your chosen career!
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by esn1(f): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Professional courses are good. Times are changing and only the swift can keep up with this tide. It refreshes the brain I must say, and one can't stop learning. I just nid to complete my CIPM programme.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ok let me comment 1st before reading
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by condralbede(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
redsquare: If you think they are not, then go and study yoruba or igbo language and lets see how far you can go with that.
must u tell everybody that u r hausa boy

2 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by seangy4konji: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
No more courses..na buzness a wan do now...all d ones weh I don use plenty money do I never see 10k salary ontop am for 3 years...after 3 years weh business do well,I go come employ plenty professionals deh give dem salary.I don try.

6 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by redsquare(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
condralbede: must u tell everybody that u r hausa boy

As if Yoruba,Igbo and Hausa are the only three groups we have in Nigeria. I am proudly Igbo bro.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by emoone: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
very important
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
In Nigeria, they are very important.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sure!! What can make you stand out in the society is if u knw ur craft and u learn ur craft
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
they're very gud. I'm currently thinking of doing NIM now dat i'm still serving.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by eph12(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
The op was referring to courses like ACAA ICAN IPMP HSE etc
Dammy4all: Everybody cant bcome a lawyer,everybody cant become a doctor,nd oda peofesional courses like dat..anyOne dat u tink u can handle,try tO b d best in it...dia many nurses and pharmacist dat are well respected dan doctors ...dO u tink all dOctOrs ar doctors some of dem just av d oppurtunity to become one..
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by chingydaboss(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hy... wanna take dis cipm. .. dnt know if u cud educate me more abt it... I just graduated ....
esn1: Professional courses are good. Times are changing and only the swift can keep up with this tide. It refreshes the brain I must say, and one can't stop learning. I just nid to complete my CIPM programme.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Money na koko, if u study professinal and i study yoruba and i get money pass you, it all dosent matter anymore. Just saying my mind.

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by seunmatt: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
here's another point.... professional courses are expensive grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by akanbijm: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Baybe: In Nigeria, they are very important.

Not only in Nigeria.Professional course is a key for you to reach the pick of your career.Check any country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Studying Abroad: Would You Go Back Home To Work? / Another Nairalander Doing Nigeria Proud In U. A. E / Chivita Hires Policemen Against Workers As One Shot Dead, Company Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.