Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,180 members, 7,842,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. (27630 Views)

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by KokoBeware: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2012
Stella_Bella: 1. Somebody fall or injure.. Nor say SORRY ... Ask am are u okay?

2. can I buy coke or mineral...... No. say ...I want soda or pop... Coke can land u in jail.

3. you have to pay tax on every item... Incuding ashewo tax.

4. Taxi na meter and the money dey start from tax not from zero

5. Have alternative for accommodation, even your brother will disappoint you and blame akata/oyinbo wife.

6. Be careful with girls some are 15 and look 30.. Them go even show u fake id..express road to jail be that.

7. If you mess, sneeze or cough...say excuse me

8. Wash all your Nigeria clothes with their detergent and softener to remove Nigeria Akpu, stock-fish, and beans smell.

9.try to learn to reduce your accent, or else u will drive taxi or sell ice cream proper.

10. Shave off all Nigeria armpit,private hair and wash yourself with their deodorant soap.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed

Just my advise
More contribution is wanted.

Have a great day!

The bolded sooo verrryyyy truuuueeeee.......
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2012
diluminati:
are you for real? Or just yapping?
You can google about it. Am not "yapping"
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Olutala(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2012
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by dridowu: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc. CIA watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.
explain more better pls, especially on hydrogen peroxide and fertilizer......
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kunletade(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2012
I better stay here in my country than go to a country were everything I do is monitored imagine if you google Al-que da u will land in jail... Chaiiii omo se life style
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by seedord247(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2012
dridowu: explain more better pls, especially on hydrogen peroxide and fertilizer......

Don't mind that 50 yrs deportee from haiti. He always say what he dream of not what he listen or read about. wink
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2012
a1solution: interesting but not funny!
why not create your own funny topic let's laugh to it? undecided you are lucky you said this in nigeria.if it were north korea your own don finish!

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc. CIA watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.
hmmm! You wanna start another heated argument? Pls can you explain your comment?
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Emylexray(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2012
What's the point in feingning ones accent in another country?...i believe if you spend ample time in the country, your accent changes gradually. Will a white man change or fake his accent because he is in Nigeria? Na wa o, i don't know why we are beginning to see these white people am demi gods.

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kristofa09(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2012
berem: hmmm! You wanna start another heated argument? Pls can you explain your comment?
wht part of naija r u frm?tht ur name.sory 4 derailing.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ayobase(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247:

We know what it is. So you mean if u go to gas station to buy coke cops will arrest you??

mind you,not all Americans call it pop. Most pple that call it pop are pple from the midwest. (chicago.

Gat ur point now.....I gez u also understood what stella meant!
The point of trading or marketing matters though&
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2012
kristofa09:
wht part of naija r u frm?tht ur name.sory 4 derailing.
you better don't derail so face the topic! angry
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by tellwsdom: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2012
if you cal my name ( tellwisdom) u wld be jailed angry angry
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Hugoboi(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2012
dridowu: explain more better pls, especially on hydrogen peroxide and fertilizer......

Those are common home bomb making components. Persistent internet activity centered on things like the items listed above could place the user on the 'suspicious activity' watch list. As an African immigrant, that is the least kind of exposure needed

2 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by YOUNGJOE1(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2012
No go der go form swagg o...otherwise u are on your own

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kristofa09(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2012
berem: you better don't derail so face the topic! angry
lol...na vex ni?ok...crs-ogj?
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Hugoboi(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc.[b] CIA [/b]watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.

Typical misinformation. CIA is mainly concerned with threats from the outside of the US. The above is the turf of the FBI, NSA and Homeland Security.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kristofa09(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2012
Hugoboi:

Those are common home bomb making components. Persistent internet activity centered on things like the items listed above could place the user on the 'suspicious activity' watch list. As an African immigrant, that is the least kind of exposure needed
thts very tru.a lot pple r just ignorant of d fact tht their most frequent n consistent activities on d internet r been monitored by agencies..gues u've heard of phishing?those r hackers software..
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kristofa09(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2012
Hugoboi:

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by martyns303(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2012
say medication not Drugs
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ayandee: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Singing: "me i like my country, i like d land and people, everything e dey for Nigeria. Make we join hands to make Nigeria better" What's with all these restrictions? (reduce your accent, don't google words like fertiliser etc) I tire o. I hate restrictions with a passion, hence i will never contemplate living outside Nigeria. Naija all the way.

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ANYPEN(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012

Choose one of the two ;"Explain more or explain better"

Becareful what you write, you may get arrested for misusing the language.

2 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by olabiz2010: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2012
Emylexray: What's the point in feingning ones accent in another country?...i believe if you spend ample time in the country, your accent changes gradually. Will a white man change or fake his accent because he is in Nigeria? Na wa o, i don't know why we are beginning to see these white people am demi gods.
It's for your own good lad!
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2012
Stella_Bella:

6. Be careful with girls some are 15 and look 30.. Them go even show u fake id..express road to jail be that.

This is the part am interested ingringringrin
How do you spot babes that look very matured and yet are below the Legal age and what's the Legal age anyway?
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by fubbyy(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2012

2. can I buy coke or mineral...... No. say ...I want soda or pop... Coke can land u in jail.

5. Have alternative for accommodation, even your brother will disappoint you and blame akata/oyinbo wife.

8. Wash all your Nigeria clothes with their detergent and softener to remove Nigeria Akpu, stock-fish, and beans smell.

9.try to learn to reduce your accent, or else u will drive taxi or sell ice cream proper.

10. Shave off all Nigeria armpit,private hair and wash yourself with their deodorant soap.

Just my advise
More contribution is wanted.

Have a great day!

The thread make sense but the subject doesn't , you said things you can't do outside nigeria but you forgot that ghana,togo,senegal,cameroon are outside naija, beside all the western countries doesn't share a common law, so when you comment, just specify the country its applicable to not just telling us things you can't do outside naija, there's no country named outside naija

I need a comment on what I can't do in germany cause that's my target after this yeye nysc, pls help

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by davidif: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2012

Funny post, but i whole heartedly disagree with the bolded part. Please Nigerians, NEVER EVER EVER CHANGE YOUR ACCENTS!!!!!!!!!, you sound very foolish when you do it and it becomes harder for people to understand you. All you should do is talk slowly so that people can hear you. There are people like Indians, Chinese, Jamaicans and several people with different accents and they do excellent here in the US without changing there accents like Nigerians try to do.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by davidif: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2012

You don't need to shave your armpits, you just need to use deodorants especially the type that has anti-perspirant in it, like speed stick, old spice red zone and co. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR ANYONE COMING INTO THE COUNTRY. A lot of Naija people are usually deluded into thinking that they don't have B.O. while those around them know they do but wouldn't want to embarrass them or hurt there feelings.

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by philipstanley(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2012
11 point, always say thank u after doing sometin wit ashawo, or she may charge u more den de normal fee

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2012
ayobase:

Implying that we should be careful of what u do on the net....and not that those can really land one in jail?
God bless you. Are there not more implicative things than googling Al-qaeda or scamming people? The truth just be say be careful of your online activities.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by olabiz2010: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2012
Never say you want to buy AMALA in a restaurant even if you are with naija guyz, it may land you in jail. Instead call it Yam Flour. Talking about SA tho'
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2012
martyns303: say medication not Drugs
so true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad? / Motorist Crushes Hoodlum, Colleague While Fighting For Money in Lagos / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.