Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature (4669 Views)

So Whats The Best rpm to cruise with your car errday / Engine Gets So Hot Yet Temperature Meter Reads Normal: Rav4 / Normal Oil Temperature In A Car Engine And Water Temperature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by baaliyah(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2012
Car gurus, pls help. My 98 civic 1.6 starts fine in the morning, works fine until the engine is warm when the rpm drops to 450-500. Even at that , it does not viberate or jack. But if i use A/C in the traffic the rpm drops further then slight viberation and the A/C will not cool enough until i start moving. My findings suggest IACV ( Idle Air control Valve)
No CEL. fair fuel consumption 1litre for 11.6km combined. I dont feel it until i am in the traffic while the A/C is on. Pls what is ur take.
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by baaliyah(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 26, 2012
u might be needing a vacuum to regulate the idle speed when ac is on.
AC will nt cool well when rpm is low
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by baaliyah(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
Thanks toba, pls i dont know what you mean by vacuum. The rpm is originally low but the effect is not really felt until the A/c is on. Kindly explain the vacuum.
I intend to increase the rpm from the throttle assy. what do you think?
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
there's a vacuum somewhere close to the speed cable, throttle body area. what it does is to regulate the rpm when the ac is on on factory fitted ac. when driving without ac, ur rmp may be steady at say 800(less than 1000) and if u switch on the ac, it compresses the engine speed abit and should drop lower than 800. but where the vacuum is ok, it'll increase the engine idle speed. tell a good rewire to check if the vacuum is okay
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by sultaan(m): 3:30am On Aug 29, 2012
Do not adjust anything, jsut tell your mechanic to clean the throttle body and check the black rubber hoses for vacuum leak or if its disconnected
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by baaliyah(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thank you guys.
I should be able to clean the throttle housing and check the vacuum hoses for possible leakage. I will try that and feed u back.
@toba, i will look for that thing. I am afraid of mechanic, they might scatter the entire system.
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by sultaan(m): 2:57am On Aug 30, 2012
Look at this post

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1564019

For me I only advise to check those air hoses, and duct first to make sure it was not disconnected or cracked before you go deeper.

This is me cleaning my IAC

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/217032_03-04-08_1753_jpge2f67c114750bd48a436a673eee99fa4

https://www.nairaland.com/334902/all-auto-experts-house-advise
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Trac: 3:49am On Aug 30, 2012
Honestly, it bothers me how diagnoses are made without cross-viewing the engine layout or asking questions about the engine's prior state-of-health. Some are recommending adjustments.

To diagnose this issue, more questions would have to be asked. At this point, what is sure is that there is a vacuum leak somewhere. Except more information is disclosed that states otherwise, every other service is a waste that may lead to frustration and unneeded money spent. It could be sensors failing, fuel injectors going bad, bad sparks from ignition cables, worn plugs, fuel pump failure etc. It's always a different case on a case-by-case base.

More questions should be asked and the process of elimination need to be done. If the vehicle was on-site, a thorough examination would be done.
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by baaliyah(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is an old thread but might be of help to someone. I only replaced the ignition cables (plug cables) the car started running fine at normal rpm, A/c now cooling and better mpg.
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Deneistein: 9:12am On Feb 21, 2022
Pls can I have your number, my car is having same problems now
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Henray02: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2022
Deneistein:
Pls can I have your number, my car is having same problems now

Did you fix yours ? Mine is having the same problem. My AC blows cold when moving and a bit warm at traffic when RPM drops
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Ugoc3(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
I have a similar problem with Camry 2004
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Henray02: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ugoc3:
I have a similar problem with Camry 2004
I have the same problem , my RPM is below 800 and doesn’t make my AC to chill, at cold start it works fine but when engine warms up the RPM drops to 500
Were you able to fix yours ?
I need help please
Note: I’ve checked wit anothe throttle body, throttle position. Sensor and even tried another brainbox but it’s still same low RPM
I NEED HELP PLEASE
ITS Camry 2003 V6
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Worldwyde: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Injector mouth,nozzle fuel pump or weak cylinders from engine..
Henray02:

I have the same problem , my RPM is below 800 and doesn’t make my AC to chill, at cold start it works fine but when engine warms up the RPM drops to 500
I need help please
Note: I’ve checked wit anothe throttle body, throttle position. Sensor and even tried another brainbox but it’s still same low RPM
I NEED HELP PLEASE
ITS Camry 2003 V6
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Ugoc3(m): 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
Henray02:

I need help please
I NEED HELP PLEASE
ITS Camry 2003 V6

No..how about you
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Henray02: 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ugoc3:

No..how about you

I changed the abs sensor yesterday and abs light is gone
Cleaned the throttle body this morning and it’s working fine
Would use for a week and see if It stable (RPM)
What’s wrong wit ur car? Explain maybe I’ll Av an idea
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Ugoc3(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2023
Henray02:

I changed the abs sensor yesterday and abs light is gone
Cleaned the throttle body this morning and it’s working fine
Would use for a week and see if It stable (RPM)
What’s wrong wit ur car? Explain maybe I’ll Av an idea

Low rpm at operating temperature..when I switched on a.c..rpm goes to 200rpm..
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Henray02: 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ugoc3:

200 is too low , drop ur email
You should scan and paste error codes here
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Ugoc3(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Henray02:

200 is too low , drop ur email
You should scan and paste error codes here

frankonline98@yahoo.com
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Kreamie(m): 5:31am On Feb 05, 2023
Mosbus
Ugoc3:

Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by dxter160: 10:11pm On Feb 10
its happening to me now... camry 04..... i have cleaned the throttle and yet it didnt work... please whats the solution
Re: Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature by Bazztadewu: 10:18pm On Feb 10
Bad spark plugs. Expired coils and wires. Ch3ck those two
dxter160:
its happening to me now... camry 04..... i have cleaned the throttle and yet it didnt work... please whats the solution

(1) (Reply)

How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 / Pls Help!!! My Husband Want To Buy Nigeria Use Muscle For Use Of Taxi / Nissan X Trail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.