Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Atheist Convention In Lagos? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Convention In Lagos? (2544 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo At A Convention In Ibadan In 1986 / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
Great, I support the motion! But I'm already planning this in my area. Let me share my idea here:
Name: Reformed Fidelity Conference (RFC)

Vision: To enable mankind see the world and God in the mind to become great inventors of creativities and ...

Mission:
To sensitise people to ascertain the power of the mind. To enhance creative and innovative thinking. To promote emancipation of human mind from religious slavery mentality. To create business oriented mindset with openmindedness. To encourage the principle of cause and effect, veagance and nemesis.

Objectives:
1. Creating atmosphere for idea development.
2. Creating platform for contribution towards individual challenges.
3. Developing minds towards living conscious to spiritual law, medical law, psychological law, natural law, etc.
4. Promoting spirit of love, charity and equality.

The idea is this,
There is going to be rules and regulation.
Every interested member will have to fill membership form.
There is going to be voluntary donation on every meeting day.
It must definitely be weekly.
The meeting will not go beyond 3hrs.
There must be an established style (method) of simple worship.
It must be mandatory for every member to rise either in cash or kind when a member is in typical condition.
Every meeting, we worship, raise a topic for discussion, silent meditation, discuss individual challenges to profer solution, commit to voluntary giving, nominate different groups to reach out to people, etc. No pastor is required but we have scheduled for anchor of the programme.

Note: There is no religion, brotherhood, witchcrat, association nor humanism that does not belief in God. All RF, secret societies etc believe in originality of an unseen superforce. We must admit there is God but our motive of God must be defined. It is human mind that makes him spiritual. That's the goal of the whole thing.

Dear, nairalander, your contribution pls.
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by MacDaddy01: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sirniyeh: Great, I support the motion! But I'm already planning this in my area. Let me share my idea here:
Name: Reformed Fidelity Conference (RFC)

Vision: To enable mankind see the world and God in the mind to become great inventors of creativities and ...

Mission:
To sensitise people to ascertain the power of the mind. To enhance creative and innovative thinking. To promote emancipation of human mind from religious slavery mentality. To create business oriented mindset with openmindedness. To encourage the principle of cause and effect, veagance and nemesis.

Objectives:
1. Creating atmosphere for idea development.
2. Creating platform for contribution towards individual challenges.
3. Developing minds towards living conscious to spiritual law, medical law, psychological law, natural law, etc.
4. Promoting spirit of love, charity and equality.

The idea is this,
There is going to be rules and regulation.
Every interested member will have to fill membership form.
There is going to be voluntary donation on every meeting day.
It must definitely be weekly.
The meeting will not go beyond 3hrs.
There must be an established style (method) of simple worship.
It must be mandatory for every member to rise either in cash or kind when a member is in typical condition.
Every meeting, we worship, raise a topic for discussion, silent meditation, discuss individual challenges to profer solution, commit to voluntary giving, nominate different groups to reach out to people, etc. No pastor is required but we have scheduled for anchor of the programme.

Note: There is no religion, brotherhood, witchcrat, association nor humanism that does not belief in God. All RF, secret societies etc believe in originality of an unseen superforce. We must admit there is God but our motive of God must be defined. It is human mind that makes him spiritual. That's the goal of the whole thing.

Dear, nairalander, your contribution pls.

Why must there be a Judas 419 among 12 Nigerian disciples?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Sirniyeh(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01
what do you mean by Judas 419?
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Avicenna: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol

1 Like

Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Areaboy2(m): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Epic!!

I was dumfounded after I read that post but u took the words right out of my thoughts lol
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Avicenna: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
Atheist convention will garner some very uncalled for, negative publicity. Humanist, atheist and agnostic( I don't how you want to mix them up in the naming grin) will be better.

As for me, I will attend if we are large enough. Lagos or Abuja. Doesn't matter.

But the objectives will be clearly defined.

Man, if you wanna do this, its gonna be a very daunting task. You know what, if you can get Prof. Soyinka to attend, I will even donate sef.
wink
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:33am On Aug 26, 2012
Great idea. Get all the atheists in one building so the fundamentalists can blow it up.

But seriously, this is an extremely bad idea. For one, atheists aren't the type to group together like the religious folk do. We are non-conformists by our very nature. Getting us to do anything together will be like herding cats.

Plus it won't serve any useful purpose and will only rouse up the fundies abd lead to more persecution.

I bet the politicians are looking for another opportunity to rouse the mob and distract Nigerians from their real problems. Since the gay marriage thing didn't work out, a plot by atheists would be the perfect opportunity.
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2012
Poh,
Reformed Fidelity Mission has come to stay.
Haven't you heard of Olumba-Olumba, Enckancka, Brotherhood of the Cross, Latter Day Saint, Ruscicussion, etc?
They all started like play play and they are reknown for their self belief.
RFM will trigger all religionists, just watchout.
I have started gathering men of like minds which they have been convinced to join. By the time we are 20, we will kick off. Within 6months, by the strategy ready to put in place, we shall increase to 500.
It's going to be a different platform where the addicted xtians will realise the doom they are in.

I use to say, "if what you are been taught does not increase you financially, materially, health-wise, innovatively, then renew your mind.
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:21am On Aug 26, 2012
The funniest path of it is that, I dont need to decieve people that God called me to start it.
We are not going to decieve them to come for any miracle.
We are going to empahsis more on natural herbal useage than fake faith application that is ruining many lives.
Thank God I just got 1 acre of land I want to use for farming, I will give out 2plots to build our conference center.

My people, the truth is that our people need new orientation. The established religions do not promote innovative thinking, rather they promote demon, satan and fear by making people see satan as the cause of their limitation.
Well, we are going to break the jinx by exposing the lies.
I have some three unbelieveable books with me, written as early as bible itself and expose the hidden secret of Jesus, and many more.
Watchout.
Re: Atheist Convention In Lagos? by MacDaddy01: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Evil Brain: Great idea. Get all the atheists in one building so the fundamentalists can blow it up.

But seriously, this is an extremely bad idea. For one, atheists aren't the type to group together like the religious folk do. We are non-conformists by our very nature. Getting us to do anything together will be like herding cats.

Plus it won't serve any useful purpose and will only rouse up the fundies abd lead to more persecution.

I bet the politicians are looking for another opportunity to rouse the mob and distract Nigerians from their real problems. Since the gay marriage thing didn't work out, a plot by atheists would be the perfect opportunity.

Yep, I know that this is a downside to such an occassion.

However, you have to look at the other countries like Australia, UK, America and even india with their humanists associations and their sucessful conventions. If we keep giving into fear, nothing will change.

The reason why conventions are held in high class hotels is for the security.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Suicide A Sin? / Was The Bible Plagiarized From Africa? / Who Created The Devil??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.