Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up (3028 Views)

E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. / Pls Help Me Review my Start-up! / Help! What's Rent Like For a Retail Space at SilverBird, The Palms And City Mall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
Looking to start a retail business but would appreciate reasonable advice from those already in the business, to help me start up and successfully run my business.

I have an idea for a retail business, and I live in the city of Chicago. So I would appreciate advice from those who live in Chicago/IL/US especially, and have done this/are currently running their own retail store. Among all questions I have are where does one start.

I have a business licence registered, and have essentially run my business on a very part-time basis for some years. Now what I want to do is invest more time and invest more into building my small-business status proper.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by 401kk: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
What do you mean by "where does one start"?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by kodewrita(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Are you planning on running it yourself or recruiting someone?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Will start myself but eventually hire people on when need arises. Where do I start as in paperwork , accounting needs, etc. What did you do when you were starting out your own business?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Pacemaker: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Study quick book and become a professional If you want to start it here in states. If its in Nigeria, it's a different ball game due to differ social economic settings
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 3:14am On Sep 02, 2012
Pacemaker: Study quick book and become a professional If you want to start it here in states. If its in Nigeria, it's a different ball game due to differ social economic settings

Study quick book? What is quick book?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by free2ryhme: 3:52am On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Study quick book? What is quick book?
make me a partner and lets c hw it goes from therewink
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by free2ryhme: 4:27am On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: Looking to start a retail business but would appreciate reasonable advice from those already in the business, to help me start up and successfully run my business.

I have an idea for a retail business, and I live in the city of Chicago. So I would appreciate advice from those who live in Chicago/IL/US especially, and have done this/are currently running their own retail store. Among all questions I have are where does one start.

I have a business licence registered, and have essentially run my business on a very part-time basis for some years. Now what I want to do is invest more time and invest more into building my small-business status proper.
there r ebooks i can help u with but not free. I am serious. And here is an advice u will have 2 work part time in a retail store so u can have an idea abt d business dis is imp
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by kodewrita(m): 7:17am On Sep 02, 2012
@kobo, quickbook is an easy accounting software for personal accounting and shoopkeepers.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
kodewrita: @kobo, quickbook is an easy accounting software for personal accounting and shoopkeepers.

I know what quickbook is, just wondered if the poster was referring to some other quick book . .. cause I don't see why I would want to read up on quickbook because I am starting a business.

Honestly, I have read enough books on this subject and simply looking for people with first hand experience to give me ideas on what they really did. So I can better tie what I read with reality here.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Pacemaker: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: Will start myself but eventually hire people on when need arises. Where do I start as in paperwork , accounting needs, etc. What did you do when you were starting out your own business?

You know what quick book is yet you are contradicting your post? All I have to say is, apply for internship in a retail store and learn the pros and cons of the exact business you would like to venture in..... Cheers
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Sep 03, 2012
Pacemaker:

You know what quick book is yet you are contradicting your post? All I have to say is, apply for internship in a retail store and learn the pros and cons of the exact business you would like to venture in..... Cheers

Did you read the post at all? I am not looking for an internship or part-time job or any of the sort. I am not looking for people to tell me to read books . . no. I don't want to learn quickbooks accounting, and I don't want to learn the pros and cons of any business. I already have a business idea, registered a business name, and made a list of what it is I want to sell.

I am looking for advice/tips from people who have established, and are already running their own businesses. [size=14pt]Tell me what you did, how you did it, or how you would suggest others do it. Tell me about YOUR business . . the decisions you made and how it worked out, and if or why you think it is best [/size]
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Again . ..

I am looking for advice/tips from people who have established, and are already running their own businesses. [size=14pt]Tell me what you did, how you did it, or how you would suggest others do it. Tell me about YOUR business . . the decisions you made and how it worked out, and if or why you think it is best [/size]
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by free2ryhme: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: Again . ..

Offer to help out in a dept store for six months .. have a real life experience on how a retail business runs
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
Any actual business owners out there who have tips for start-ups?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by imsupertips: 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
I think the number of those that can advice you has been narrowed as you target someone already in the retail business who live in Chicago/IL/US.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by 401kk: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
My post was hidden? What a shame.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by eledalo: 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
Roflmao this kobojunkie. You need advice and are shouting TELL ME NOW.. WHAT DID YOU DO? grin
You can never change.
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Jan 20, 2013
imsupertips: I think the number of those that can advice you has been narrowed as you target someone already in the retail business who live in Chicago/IL/US.

What the heck has chicago IL to do with this now? Are you folks really educated at all?
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Jan 20, 2013
Kobojunkie: Again . ..

Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Scissorshand(m): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by Scissorshand(m): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Take Surveys And Earn Money / I Need Help As Per Cashcraft Asset Management's Mutual And Equity Fund Offers / Does Anyone Know About Associated Asset Managers Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.