Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! (4967 Views)

Medical Signals You Shouldn't Ignore / Why You Shouldn't Drink Before Bedtime / 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
WHY QUIT SMOKING ***

1)Cigarettes contain more than 4000 chemical compounds and at least 400 toxic substances.
2) When you inhale, a cigarette burns at 700°C at the tip and around 60°C in the core. This heat breaks down the tobacco to produce various toxins.
3) A single cigarette can reduce the blood supply to your skin for overan hour.
4) Smoking raises blood pressure, which can cause hypertension ( high blood pressure ) – a risk factor for heart attacks and stroke.

5) Couples who smoke are more likely to have fertility problems than couples who are non-smokers.
6) For men in their 30s and 40s, smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) by about 50 per cent.
7) On average, each cigarette shortens a smoker's life by around 11 minutes.
cool Smoking causes an acid taste in the mouth and contributes to the development of ulcers .

"PLZZ DON'T DO THAT. START BREATHING STOP SMOKING"
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Lordave: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
What an irony. @topic.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
It also causes cancer of d liver.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lol

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 26, 2012
Smoking is implicated in most diseases but cigarette smoking reduces the incidence of parkinson's disease
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
centje: Smoking is implicated in most diseases but cigarette smoking reduces the incidence of parkinson's disease

Totally disagree to that...do you have proof to this claim?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
omonori1:

Totally disagree to that...do you have proof to this claim?
i was expecting that,so am nt suprise u dnt agree. I was taught,i read and have researched on it. So i suggest u make google your friend. Let me no your findings...
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2012
centje: i was expecting that,so am nt suprise u dnt agree. I was taught,i read and have researched on it. So i suggest u make google your friend. Let me no your findings...

How often do you find Parkinson desease in this part of the world?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2012
esearchers have new insight into the relationship between Parkinson's disease and smoking. Several studies have shown that smokers have a lower risk of developing Parkinson's disease. A new study published in the March 10, 2010, online issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology, shows that smoking for a greater number of years may reduce the risk of the disease, but smoking a larger number of cigarettes per day may not reduce the risk
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by bloglover(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Smoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!! :PSmoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
bloglover: Smoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!! :PSmoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!!

Dude nawa for you o... Snoop dogg no go Dick be that nw....lolz.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
omonori1: esearchers have new insight into the relationship between Parkinson's disease and smoking. Several studies have shown that smokers have a lower risk of developing Parkinson's disease. A new study published in the March 10, 2010, online issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology, shows that smoking for a greater number of years may reduce the risk of the disease, but smoking a larger number of cigarettes per day may not reduce the risk
thats good. Now u get my drift!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
bloglover: Smoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!! :PSmoking also reduces d*ck size in men so dont be surprised to wake up one money to discover dat U HAVE NO D*CK!!
lmao!! U no well o!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
centje: thats good. Now u get my drift!

Are you comparing cancer with pakinson?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
omonori1:

Are you comparing cancer with pakinson?
i dnt get your question...i was just pointing out a puzzle(relationship between cigarette smoking and parkison's disease) in scientific research.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by deavicky(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2013
How often do you find Parkinson desease in this part of the world?[/quote]
[quote author=omonori1
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by deavicky(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
omonori1:

How often do you find Parkinson desease in this part of the world?
Are smoker only found in this part of the world
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Lagusta(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
There are alot of toxins in a stick of cigarette, but i wanna share just three of these poisons

1) NICOTINE: this is the substance that makes people get addicted to cigarettes, it elevates blood pressure by narrowing peripheral vessels, especially those of the hands and feet, thats why if u touch the hand of a smoker after a stick, it feels cold....

When these vessels are narrowed, the heart needs extra force to pump blood to the tissues, this increases blood pressure and may also lead to heart failure

2) AMMONIA: this chemical damages the so-called cilia, which look like hairs that filter dust, pollen and even bacteria we breathe, when these cilia are burned off, nothing is left to filter anything, so.........

3) TARS AND RESINS: now these are the carcinogens, they cause cancer.... Shikenah

so, do u still want to smoke?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Lagusta(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
Let me also share this simple test with you......

Get a clean white handkerchief, ask a smoker to blow in a puff, but not inhaling deeply, tell him to blow the smoke out on the hankie, you'll see brown and red spots on the handkerchief, these are the tars and resins that cause cancer.......

Now get another handkerchief, tell the smoker to puff in again, this time inhaling deeply, ask him to blow onto the handkerchief, you won't see any spots on it, where have the spots gone to now.........
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Case33(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2013
Lagusta: Let me also share this simple test with you......

Get a clean white handkerchief, ask a smoker to blow in a puff, but not inhaling deeply, tell him to blow the smoke out on the hankie, you'll see brown and red spots on the handkerchief, these are the tars and resins that cause cancer.......

Now get another handkerchief, tell the smoker to puff in again, this time inhaling deeply, ask him to blow onto the handkerchief, you won't see any spots on it, where have the spots gone to now.........

Your heart n lungs?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Lagusta(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Case33:

Your heart n lungs?

not mine tho.....
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Lagusta:

not mine tho.....
Lmaooooo hahaha nobody wan die

(1) (Reply)

Avoid These Habits. Your Back Will Thank You / Snow Look Like Coronavirus Rain-fall In Adamawa (photos / Can Onions Damage Your Eyes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.