Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? (1293 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Solaj(m): 1:37am On Aug 26, 2012
The Eternal Consequences Of Neglecting The Great Salvation Offer Of Jesus Christ

People often wonder why Jesus Christ spent so much time warning us about “the fire (hell) that shall never be quenched” as well as “a horrible place of weeping and gnashing of teeth” -Mark 9:48-49; Luke 16:19-31, Revelation 20:11-15, 21:8. You often hear people querying why Jesus Christ talked more about the fires of hell than about the joys of heaven. The subject of hell is so sobering that many Christians and unbelievers are more comfortable ignoring it. Atheists, Agnostics, Satanists and New Agers do not want to hear any talk about hell. However, the subject of hell deserves to be taken very seriously because it is often absent in Sunday sermons.

As genuine Christians, we should not be reluctant to think seriously about the reality of future punishment for unbelievers and unrepentant sinners. We do not do unredeemed people a favour when we remain silent about the subject of hell. We should follow the example of Jesus Christ who spoke of hell repeatedly. Jesus Christ said that some people would rise from death in “the resurrection of condemnation” -John 5:29. Jesus Christ declared that those who go to hell enter the horrible place where “their worms do not die and the fire is not quenched” -Mark 9:44-49. He also depicted hell as a place of “outer darkness”, where there “will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” -Matthew 8:12; 22:13; 25:30.

If you are a genuinely born-again Christian, you should talk more about hell with unbelievers and unrepentant sinners. It does not make sense to say you believe in Jesus Christ while rejecting what He and His book (Bible) say about hell or an eternal “lake of fire” -Mark 9:48-49; Luke 16:19-31, Revelation 20:11-15, 21:8. Unredeemed people do not choose hell with a full understanding of what they are doing. They do not have a clear picture of the eternal happiness they will miss or the everlasting separation and darkness they will endure -Matthew 7:13-14, Mark 8:36-37.........

Continue reading at the link below:
http://rapturewatcher./2012/08/20/the-eternal-consequences-of-neglecting-the-great-salvation-offer-of-jesus-christ/
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2012
If Hell is real, why does the word itself come from the Teutonic "Hele" (goddess of the underworld "Hell" of northern Europe ). The description of this ancient mythological place has very little resemblance anymore to the modern Christian image of Hell.

But check this verse in the bible you read everyday;I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world" (John 12:47). Clearly means he came to enlighten the world and not judge,unlike you so called Christians do. The second question you can ask from that verse is; did Jesus fail his mission?

If Hell is real, and the devil is the one who deceives people into going there, isn't he ultimately the winner in the war for souls? After all, traditional interpretation of the Bible says that more people will end up in Hell than in Heaven. If so, how can we really call Satan the defeated enemy and jesus the victor?

Another question is God of the Bible is the Devil christians worship? It is also said in your book ;"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand" (Deuteronomy 32:39). Is that not enough evidence that this UFO being is manipulating the so called christians?

Another contradiction you failed to consider before posting your sermon; Solomon in your holy book claimed that the spirit of man will return to the God Who gave it? (Ecc 12:7).

If Hell is a real place of endless torment, and your God didn't want anyone to end up there, why didn't he just kill Adam and Eve and end the long terrible chain of misery that passed to their offspring before it began? After all, the Scriptures say that all died because of Adam. (Rom. 5:18)
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Solaj(m): 2:38am On Aug 26, 2012
Do not allow your religious teachings to turn you into a Christ-hater. Your only hope of making heaven is dependent on accepting the Lordship and Salvation of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe it or not, Jesus Christ is a Supreme Being. “I AM THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA…THE ALMIGHTY” -Revelation 1:8. Listen to what Jesus Christ is saying to you now: “Do not be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the One who lives. I was dead, but look: I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and hell” -Revelation 1:17-18.

God does not send someone to hell. You choose hell when you refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour! When you refuse God’s love gift of eternal life in Jesus, you willingly choose hell. Your soul will be tormented for eternity in hell when you die -Revelation 14:11.

When you say “No” to Jesus and His payment for your sins, you are saying that you are looking forward to dying and being cast into hell. You are telling God that you do not need Jesus Christ. You will pay for your sins in hell. If you die without accepting the salvation of Jesus Christ, you will be tormented in hell forever! You will despair of ever having any deliverance! You will beg for death to come and take you away! However, you can only die once -Hebrews 9:27.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by CrazyMan(m): 3:13am On Aug 26, 2012
@Topic
I believe that Jesus spent more time warning us about hell because of the horrors associated with hell.

In revelation 1 verse 18 it says. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Here in this verse, Christ assured us that even though hell is real, he holds the key to it. So if you serve him diligently you would be free from the horrors of hell.

So I believe that christ continuous emphasis about hell fire was to tell christians that

1. Hell is real

2. He holds the keys

3. Once you go into it (hell) there's no coming out

4. Hell is for eternity

5. Only those whose name isn't in the book of like would find themselves there.

ifeness:
But check this verse in the bible you read everyday;I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world" (John 12:47). Clearly means he came to enlighten the world and not judge,unlike you so called Christians do. The second question you can ask from that verse is; did Jesus fail his mission?
True jesus came to save the world. But have you actually asked yourself what he came to save the world from.

In revelation 20 from verse 2-15 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

In this verse you would see clearly that christ came to save the world. And you ask how... Actually its by judging devil and his demons, but since they (the devil and co) have succeeded in decieving thousands, they would all be judged accordingly as you can see in the passage above.

But that still doesn't mean that christ didn't come to save the world. Infact that was his main mission on earth. But don't be decieved that Christ came to save the world doesn't mean that hell doesn't exist. It does and is very real.

ifeness:
If Hell is real, and the devil is the one who deceives people into going there, isn't he ultimately the winner in the war for souls? After all, traditional interpretation of the Bible says that more people will end up in Hell than in Heaven. If so, how can we really call Satan the defeated enemy and jesus the victor?
Now in this passage Revelation 12 from verse 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

This was when satan lost the battle. You must note that satan knows that he has already been defeated that's why he's looking for souls that's would burn in hell with him.

In 1peter 5: 8 it says Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

The devil has already lost the battle and he knows that. So the idea of more people ending up in hell is as a result of their ignorance nothing more.

Jesus has already defeated him on the cross.

ifeness:
Another question is God of the Bible is the Devil christians worship? It is also said in your book ;"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand" (Deuteronomy 32:39). Is that not enough evidence that this UFO being is manipulating the so called christians?

Another contradiction you failed to consider before posting your sermon; Solomon in your holy book claimed that the spirit of man will return to the God Who gave it? (Ecc 12:7).
My dear when next you read the bible, ask the holy spirit for guideance and understanding, and I believe he would help you. It makes no sense misinterpreting the holy word of God (Bible) just to justify your claims. God hates all forms of blasphemy against his holy word. So I would suggest that you ask for forgivness and pray for the baptism of the holy spirit.

ifeness:
If Hell is a real place of endless torment, and your God didn't want anyone to end up there, why didn't he just kill Adam and Eve and end the long terrible chain of misery that passed to their offspring before it began? After all, the Scriptures say that all died because of Adam. (Rom. 5:18)
The scriptures never said in Romans 5:18 that all died because of Adam. Below is the full passage

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Adam's offence brought judgement and condemnation to all men, but Jesus death brought life to all mankind. So as you can see, hell is real therefore repent and accept Jesus into your life so as to escape that terrible place.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 26, 2012
Solaj: Do not allow your religious teachings to turn you into a Christ-hater. Your only hope of making heaven is dependent on accepting the Lordship and Salvation of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe it or not, Jesus Christ is a Supreme Being. “I AM THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA…THE ALMIGHTY” -Revelation 1:8. Listen to what Jesus Christ is saying to you now: “Do not be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the One who lives. I was dead, but look: I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and hell” -Revelation 1:17-18.

God does not send someone to hell. You choose hell when you refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour! When you refuse God’s love gift of eternal life in Jesus, you willingly choose hell. Your soul will be tormented for eternity in hell when you die -Revelation 14:11.

When you say “No” to Jesus and His payment for your sins, you are saying that you are looking forward to dying and being cast into hell. You are telling God that you do not need Jesus Christ. You will pay for your sins in hell. If you die without accepting the salvation of Jesus Christ, you will be tormented in hell forever! You will despair of ever having any deliverance! You will beg for death to come and take you away! However, you can only die once -Hebrews 9:27.

Your religion is a product of the Catholic church as we all know. It has eaten deep into your system that you will do anything to protect the legacy. I am not a Christ-hater because i do understand better than you do,the meaning of the word "CHRIST" I am already in heaven,i created it by myself. You have chosen to create hell and confusion cos that is the reflection i am seeing. Jesus died long long long time ago and he is by no means the supreme being unless that is what your pastor told you.

I wonder if you Christians really understand the bible. You guys claim to read it every days of your lives,but fail to understand what it is all about. If you really do understand what you read,your views and understand would be different from what i am seeing. It is of no use explaining to you because it will simply be a waste of time.

If you think Jesus died for your sins,you are on a very lonely island of confusion. Nobody can die for your sins(crime) except you,neither could you for someone else. Since you claim your god created hell for sinners who dont worship him,i guess you christians are all going there because you are his product and he wont bother building a house for other people except his own.

I would advice you to learn to think for yourself and grow up. I would be a shame if you teach your kids this backward philosophy,otherwise they will be a waste to the society.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 26, 2012
CrazyMan: @Topic
I believe that Jesus spent more time warning us about hell because of the horrors associated with hell.

In revelation 1 verse 18 it says. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Here in this verse, Christ assured us that even though hell is real, he holds the key to it. So if you serve him diligently you would be free from the horrors of hell.

So I believe that christ continuous emphasis about hell fire was to tell christians that

1. Hell is real

2. He holds the keys

3. Once you go into it (hell) there's no coming out

4. Hell is for eternity

5. Only those whose name isn't in the book of like would find themselves there.

True jesus came to save the world. But have you actually asked yourself what he came to save the world from.

In revelation 20 from verse 2-15 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

In this verse you would see clearly that christ came to save the world. And you ask how... Actually its by judging devil and his demons, but since they (the devil and co) have succeeded in decieving thousands, they would all be judged accordingly as you can see in the passage above.

But that still doesn't mean that christ didn't come to save the world. Infact that was his main mission on earth. But don't be decieved that Christ came to save the world doesn't mean that hell doesn't exist. It does and is very real.

Now in this passage Revelation 12 from verse 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

This was when satan lost the battle. You must note that satan knows that he has already been defeated that's why he's looking for souls that's would burn in hell with him.

In 1peter 5: 8 it says Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

The devil has already lost the battle and he knows that. So the idea of more people ending up in hell is as a result of their ignorance nothing more.

Jesus has already defeated him on the cross.

My dear when next you read the bible, ask the holy spirit for guideance and understanding, and I believe he would help you. It makes no sense misinterpreting the holy word of God (Bible) just to justify your claims. God hates all forms of blasphemy against his holy word. So I would suggest that you ask for forgivness and pray for the baptism of the holy spirit.

The scriptures never said in Romans 5:18 that all died because of Adam. Below is the full passage

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Adam's offence brought judgement and condemnation to all men, but Jesus death brought life to all mankind. So as you can see, hell is real therefore repent and accept Jesus into your life so as to escape that terrible place.

Thanks.

I see where the confusion crept in! You have to remember that the bible was compiled by the Catholic church. Their are a lot of ancient scrolls from all traditions and societies in their library. If the bible is all you can quote,then you have not started yet

Many scholars recognize that the New Testament we have today is a copy of a copy of a copy and that no reliable manuscript is dated before the third century. The doctrine of reincarnation echos throughout the teachings of Jesus but the purity of his teachings was about the soul being part of God(the soul source of all creation have been edited for obvious reasons.History recordes that the early Christine church believed in Reincarnation and of the souls journey back to oneness with God(The stories of hell is false)

The One thousand years you talked about is the "AGE OF AQUARIUS" if only the bible wasnt edited,these are things you should know about. We are presently in the AGE OF PISCES which would soon end(otherwise known as the end of the world)The symbol of fish indeed serves to interpret the Age of Pisces. This age's influence has lasted for at least two thousand years. The golden age(age of aquarius) is for a thousand years.

Your bible was cleverly written to fool people. Only the wise hold the keys to enlightenment. Jesus was an ordinary guy,he was never born of a virgin. The bible is all surrounded by astronomy and UFOs. He was born, the Bible says, of a Virgin, the Virgo being the opposite sign of Pisces. Let us also point out that the sign of Virgo is also associated with the wheat head, immaculately white. Indeed,(according to the bible) jesus nourished the multitude of people who followed Him with fish and bread. catholics worship virgin mary grin grin Catholicism, among others) have been spread by celibate priests who wanted to remain chaste and pure as the wheat head. These priests devoted themselves to the worship of the Virgin. This very clergy enjoined us to eat fish instead of meat on Fridays.The pope still wears a mitre, which is in the shape of a fish.

Scientists will take over from priests. We are already in a society based upon knowledge, information and communication. Soon, we will come to know real universal fraternity. The sign opposite Aquarius is the sign of Leo. This indicates to us that we must focus our efforts in the pursuit of excellence, perfection and mutual respect. During the Age of Aquarius, Man will really be the King of Creation, in the image of his Creator.

The greatest challenge we will have to face is of a moral order. Indeed, we are leaving a period that lasted two thousand years, during which our spiritual lives were dictated by religious authorities. Religion will soon be a thing of the past whether you like it or not

The predictions of the book of revelation have already happened. Christ is already back( i meant Christ consciousness which is the awakening of sleeping souls like myself) I hope you will realize and wake up from your slumber!!!!!!
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 5:32am On Aug 26, 2012
Hell and heaven should be talked about. there should be balance. but dont forget that we will not stay in heavrn forever. the new earth is our final abode
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Joagbaje: Hell and heaven should be talked about. there should be balance. but dont forget that we will not stay in heavrn forever. the new earth is our final abode

Again you are talking about Reincarnation. When Christians say heaven is made of gold, you are simply saying your God is a physical being.The Ezekiel in the old testament is a typical example of this description by Christians. That really was a UfO space-craft

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? by Solaj(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

Again you are talking about Reincarnation. When Christians say heaven is made of gold, you are simply saying your God is a physical being.The Ezekiel in the old testament is a typical example of this description by Christians. That really was a UfO space-craft

Hell is for people like you who are deliberately rebelling against God and His only WAY of escaping the eternal torments of hell. Whether you believe it or not, that only WAY is the LORD JESUS CHRIST. No alternative saviour! No alternative way! “Jesus said to him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father (Heavenly God) except through Me” -John 14:6. Reincarnation, the false doctrine that the soul enters, after death, into another human body, is a great satanic deception. It will be a great disaster if you die without Jesus Christ! -Mark 8:36. Hell is a place of eternal torment! “The smoke from their burning pain will rise forever and ever. There will be no rest, day or night” -Revelation 14:11. Unbelievers and sinners are heading for hell unless they repent from their numerous sins -Hebrews 9:27. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and escape hell’s damnation! “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death” -Revelation 21:8.

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Let Your God/god Do His Damn Work Himself? / Understanding And Interpreting Dreams. / ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.