Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,745 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? (20584 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by ZACHIE: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2013
Except perhaps in a few old generation churches, it is hard to hear any pastor talk about hellfire, lately.
is it that the topic is no longer true, or it is not contemporaneous?

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by butta(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
These days most pastors preach. What people want to hear which is PROSPERITY abi u no no say church now is a big business for some

13 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by staggerman(m): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)

31 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Bigcake: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mathew chpt 24: has explained it all. Now d love of many have waxed cold. Really d time is so short. Most of those Churches dat preaches prosperity without a mention of hell fire r the once spearheaded by d satanic kingdom. Their Pastors performs earth shaking miracles, but who told u satan cnt also manipulate miracles wit his agent? Therefore, watch carefuly whr u worship because many r wolves but in sheep clothings.

12 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by tobechi74: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
Catholic still preach about it

11 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by k2039: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
[size=13pt] Whatever you focus on, you magnify.

The focus should be on heaven and not hell(If you understand how attraction works, then you will understand why).
[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by FlyinSaucer: 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
Because nobody wants to sound stupid nowadays, pastor or no pastor. Unless u still believe in elves, fairies, unicorn, santa n d monster inna d closet.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
@op
Hell is a myth; these pastors know it dats why u see dem living immorally. Besides,horror films dont scare people anymore,even kids.

pastors used scare tactics to draw in members,as it stop working they changed to prosperity gospel. I wonder what these smart men would use next.

9 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Segeggs: @op
Hell is a myth; these pastors know it dats why u see dem living immorally. Besides,horror films dont scare people anymore,even kids.

pastors used scare tactics to draw in members,as it stop working they changed to prosperity gospel. I wonder what these smart men would use next.

The Hell Myth started with the Mother of all H....... smiley

The Lake of Fire though is for real , but is for the destruction of all the wicked, their system, infrastructure and evil baggage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
The answer is simple: It does not make money.
There!

8 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
because the gospel is a gospel of good news not of hell smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: @op

That's one of it , another thing is that people see the hell myth as something too outlandish because of our moral evolution. . .Why should someone suffer for eternity in burning fire because of the crime of disbelief?. . .It doesnn't make any sense or sound morally right to most people any more. .Many christians now say hell is a separation from god not the place of fire and torture that was preached back in the days even though the bible says it is. . . . The morality of christians these days has evolved better than that of the god they worship. . .Many christians no longer accept the hell myth as a just punishment for any body any more . . .

6 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by eghuan1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
cos its more proffitable to preach about money

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
eghuan1: cos its more proffitable to preach about money

The churches here in Europe don't preach about money(only those own by Nigerians here do) but they still don't preach about hell any more. . .If you try preaching about hell people will call you out and show you why they feel you are wrong and a sadist. . .

8 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by truthislight: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2013
mazaje:
.Many christians now say hell is a separation from god not the place of fire and torture that was preached back in the days[/quote even though the bible says it is. . . .

That ^ is a lie, it has never been a bible teaching.

That you had thought so does not mean you were right.
Peace

6 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by esere826: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2013
@Op
xtians cannot go to hell whether it exists or not
so why dedicate too much time preaching about it

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
truthislight:

That ^ is a lie, it has never been a bible teaching.

That you had thought so does not mean you were right.
Peace

Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels ...' "

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands. Mark 9:43

Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.

Revelation 20:15
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

... and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by ZACHIE: 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
Who watched the 1974 movie, Burning Hell?
It whipped not a few souls into the kingdom of God back in the days.
Looks like all its dramatization would n,t shift anyone today.
The world is evolving, truly.
But, must the Word too evolve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFjkHBE-ho
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
ZACHIE: Who watched the 1974 movie, Burning Hell?
It whipped not a few souls into the kingdom of God back in the days.
Looks like all its dramatization would n,t shift anyone today.
The world is evolving, truly.
But, must the Word too evolve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFjkHBE-ho

I used to be petrified by this movie when I first watched it as a young teenager, my mum actually used it to convert us to christianity from islam. . .I was SO AFRAID of this thrash back it the days. . .Its so obvious that this nonsense drama will not even scare the kids of today. . .I repeat the hell myth does not make sense or sound as a just system to many christians any more. It sounds sadistic and immoral, only the very fundamentalist deluded ones still believe in the hell myth, evenamongst them they have erected their own ideas about it because it still doesn't make sense to many of them. . .

I was watching the god TV about few years(2-3) ago when i went visiting a friend in his house, a guy was on TV and was explaining the concept of hell to his audience, he was saying that god will not punish people for ever in hell, they will stay in hell and feel excruciating pains for the number of years they lived here on earth after which god will allow their souls to stay in the fire(a seperation from him) with out feeling any pain for eternity. . .I wonder where he got that concept from but its obvious that even for him as a end of day fire and brimestone preacher the hell myth doesn't sound moral or as a good form of justice. . .
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by truthislight: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
mazaje:

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels ...' "

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands. Mark 9:43

Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.

Revelation 20:15
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

... and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10

The difference between a death cus by God and the one cause by a natural death is signified by the word fire in the bible and it simply stand for an everlasting destruction/absolute, complete death without the possibility of a resurrection, since it is only God that can destroy both "body and soul"(that is in fire, so, fire symbolises that complete destruction by God)

Note that man cannot destroy both body and soul but only God.

So, fire is used to show that implication of a destruction by God, final and permanent death.

Where in the bible the death is from God it is symbolise by fire.

But a death not cause by God holds a prospect of a resurrection:

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, " (John 5:28).

Note "all".
There is a possibility for "all" to come back from a natural death whereas if the death was cause by God there is no coming back to life and that is signified by fire.

It shows the difference between the two types of death.

Even abstrct things that God wishes to remove is being said to be thrown into fire also = obliteration.
*Edited*
peace

4 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
truthislight:

The difference between a death cus by God and the one cause by a natural death is dignified by the word fire in the bible [/b]and it simply stand for an everlasting destruction/absolute, complete death without the possibility of a resurrection, since it is only God that can destroy both "body and soul"(that is in fire, so, fire symbolises that complete destruction by God)

Shut up you liar, where does the bible say so?. . .death dignified by fire is your own making the bible does NOT say so. . .Keep lying to your self. . .

Note that man cannot destroy both body and soul but only God.

So, fire is used to show that implication of a destruction by God, final and permanent death.

[b]Where in the bible the death is from God it is symbolise by fire

Which bible?. . .You keep lying and making things up. . .

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels

Does this not appear in your bible?. . .

Another one. . .

and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10

Clearly it says lake of fire where people will be tormented for ever and ever. . .Are you blind?. . .keep lying to yourself. . .

But a death not cause by God holds a prospect of a resurrection:

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, " (John 5:28).

What is this nonsense?. . .

Note "all".
There is a possibility for "all" to come back from a natural death whereas if the death was cause by God there is no coming back to life and that is signified by fire.

It shows the difference between the two types of death.

Even abstrct things that God wishes to remove is being said to be thrown into fire also = obliteration.

peace

You are a liar. . . Again from the bible. . .

5 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2013
The teaching about hell is biblical to say other wise is to lie to yourself. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by truthislight: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Shut up you liar, where does the bible say so?. . .death dignified by fire is your own making the bible does NOT say so. . .Keep lying to your self. . .

mmmmmm!

This children in this forum sef!

If you had red further you will have seen that i had repeated that statement over and over and that i had ment "signified".

What you are harping on is a typo.

But rebels like you dont always apply thinking ability and that is why the book of Psalm says atheist are "fools".

mazaje:

Which bible?. . .You keep lying and making things up. . .

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels

Does this not appear in your bible?. . .

Another one. . .

and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10

Clearly it says lake of fire where people will be tormented for ever and ever. . .Are you blind?. . .keep lying to yourself. . .

What is this nonsense?. . .

You are a liar. . . Again from the bible. . .

i dont have time for people like you that cant learn.

This topic has been handled on this forum over and over, but a "fool" according to Psalm cant learn.
Dont transfer your frustration from the other thread on "myopia" of atheism here.

Please, go to the "best religious section forum" thread sticked up there and read up on all that you posted since it has been addressed already.

Peace.

See:

https://www.nairaland.com/1145151/thirty-questions-teachers-eternal-torment#13587208
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by mazaje(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:

mmmmmm!

This children in this forum sef!

If you had red further you will seen that i repeated that statement over and over and that i had ment "signified".

But rebels like you dont always apply thinking ability and that is why the book of Psalm says atheist are "fools".

Signify what?. . .You really do not know what you are saying. . . .

i dont have time for people like you that cant learn.

This topic has been handled on this forum over and over, but a "fool" according to Psalm cant learn.
Dont transfer your frustration from the other thread on "myopia" of atheism here.

Please, go to the "best religious section forum" thread sticked up there and read up on all that you posted since it has been addressed already.

Peace.

The problem is that you have not provided any meaningful objections to the verses i quoated. . .The topic has been disscused many times yet fools keep spinning what was written and refuse to accept it. . . .All what you are saying so far is that you disagree with the bible and the bible does not really mean what it says. . .Nothing has been addressed any where, all I see is people like you spinning things and other christians that accept the hell position actually pointing it out to you that is is biblical. . .Deny all you want but that is the position of the bible. . .

This signifies death in your wrapped thinking, eh?. . .interesting. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by sureteeboy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
Not in Deeper Life. Hell is very real. Check http://spiritlessons.com
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by enigmagu1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
it has nt reduce in deeper life bible church and wil neva...
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
I used to think GOD was NOT REAL, until I had a vision about hell...

Red, sticky with cooked flesh floating, the bowl of peppersoup and cow meat was handed over to me. I had heard stories about this scary place, but never heard about the chef.

The following was a conversation I had with him..

@Satan: We didn't get to hear your version. What really happened?

Lucifer: You see I was king of heaven, then Yahweh and Gabriel conspired against me. They kicked me out. Of course, I was the one who planted the tree. I always knew Yahweh had their eyes on my throne. So like a good programmer, I put a backdoor in the garden, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Yahweh was scared when he found out. He tried uprooting the tree, but of course that was impossible.. He knew that if mankind ever knew the truth, they wouldn't worship Him. Why do you think He rules by fear? Look at the number of people
He destroyed in the Old Testament... how many did I kill? So I possessed a snake (by the way, forget those stories, snakes never had legs, I created them to slide) and told Eve the truth. Then she told Adam, and Yahweh was very displeased.. In His wrath, He cursed the snake and mankind. He couldn't curse me.Ever since then, mankind have tried to serve me, by chasing knowledge and freedom, yet Yahweh has always kept punishing them.. Jelosi go kill am...

Me: but Satan, na wa o.. which kain yarns be dis? Truly, you be deceiver..

Satan: you say... no be yahweh dey do all the evil wey dey this world, when im finish una go come blame me? See, I sabi speak Pidgin. According to Yahweh, all languages commot because people been dey build tower of Babel.. lie lie man.. So even pidgin (better warri broken) start on top TOWER matter? lwkmd.. Anyways, make I saturate you with a few verses from your Bible.

The Lord is a man of war; Yahweh is his name." – Exodus 15.3

I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation’ – Exodus 20.5

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment ..." (Numbers 16.41,45)

‘You shall annihilate them - Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, Jebusites – as Yahweh your God commandedyou.’ – Deuteronomy 20.11,18.

Even im pikin wey try beta pass am small, still get small of im papa character..

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me
Matt. 10:34

me: , stop stop e don do.. *hails fela, hitler, michael jackson, all the catholic priests, all the sinning christians, nigerian politicians, oledepo, adeboye... plus all my african ancestors wey no hear abt Jesus...*

REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND...

Yahweh's on the winning side. He's not GOOD/EVIL.. He WON.. that's all that matters.. atheists and bad belle ppl, i wan go heaven o... wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Who's going to fuel those private jets if they preach about hell ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Enegod(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
Bigcake: Mathew chpt 24: has explained it all. Now d love of many have waxed cold. Really d time is so short. Most of those Churches dat preaches prosperity without a mention of hell fire r the once spearheaded by d satanic kingdom. Their Pastors performs earth shaking miracles, but who told u satan cnt also manipulate miracles wit his agent? Therefore, watch carefuly whr u worship because many r wolves but in sheep clothings.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Olaone1: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
Because hell is a ruse. Besides, 'heaven' is guaranteed so why talk about hell. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by princemolak(m): 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
U want to spoil busines for the pastor ni? Wen u tel dem abt hell,they wil stop stealn and dat wil reduce d church income.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by ifebosco: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
is there any hell fire on earth like living in most african countries without basic amenities??please my people tellme

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Says Prophet Muhammad is in Hell (Hell Testimony) / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.