Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP (3631 Views)

How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / Writing A Time Based Expiration Script Or Function Using Php And Mysql / How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by nelklyn(m): 2:47am On Aug 26, 2012
I have this Hotel Management & Booking System I'm currently working on. I want to enable it send sms alerts for every transaction. I have tried MTN Email2sms that didn't work and more over it's limited to only 5 sms per day. Any ideas on how to implement this using PHP. This whole SMTP server thing is weighing me down...
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Then you should use a bulk sms service.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by talk2hb1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
I developed a php sending code that send sms through smslive247 gateway. if you are a developer you can request for the code and you modify it to your taste. if you are using wordpress as your development platform download the plugin I created for it here https://github.com/habeelety/hb-wp-sms/downloads But if you need me to modify it for you you pay a token for that. mail me at talk2hb1[at]gmail[dot]com
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by nelklyn(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
talk2hb1: I developed a php sending code that send sms through smslive247 gateway. if you are a developer you can request for the code and you modify it to your taste. if you are using wordpress as your development platform download the plugin I created for it here https://github.com/habeelety/hb-wp-sms/downloads But if you need me to modify it for you you pay a token for that. mail me at talk2hb1[at]gmail[dot]com
I am a developer I'll appreciate if I can get the code...Thanks
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by nelklyn(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Brand_new: Then you should use a bulk sms service.
I guess you didn't read the post properly, I said "using PHP"...there should be a way to use the bulk sms provider's gate way in the PHP script
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by DualCore1: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
nelklyn:
I guess you didn't read the post properly, I said "using PHP"...
I think he read properly. I don't think you understand the concept.

You need a (bulk) sms service API to connect to for this to work.
PHP is only a medium to connect to the API.

I don't think this should be a major issue.

1. Get a bulk SMS service
2. Study the API of the service
3. Create a function using PHP cURL to connect to the service and send SMS.
4. Call the function on every transaction, adding any arguments to the function like the amount and the description of the transaction.

====
function sendSms($amount, $description){
//write the cURL block that connects to the bulk sms service
}

if(//carry out transaction successfully){
sendSms($amount, "Balance payment for reservation made." );
}
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^^ abi o!
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by nelklyn(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
Dual Core:

4. Call the function on every transaction, adding any arguments to the function like the amount and the description of the transaction.
====
}

}

Already done step 1 - 2 what I need is a script that will guide me...
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by DualCore1: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
If you have done those steps then it means you should have the API documentation. Provide the documentation so we can have a look at it and help you from there.

If the documentation is not readily available via a link but is in PDF format, just copy paste the example url to send an sms, as stated in the document.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
Dual Core:

====
}

}
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by mitey(m): 5:42am On Aug 28, 2012
On one of my websites, I use www.smslive247.com and they provide a good api that I integrated with PHP. I used the HTTP GET request to communicate with their api. For example if a user registers and I want to provide a confirmation that his/her registration was successful, I would use this code below

<?php
if ($user) //Registration successful {

$message = 'Hello '.$user['name'].', your registration with www.website.com was successful. Then more information here.';
$message = urlencode($message);

$url = 'http://www.smslive247.com/http/index.aspx?cmd=sendquickmsg&owneremail=xxxxxxx@mail.com&subacct=Bleep&subacctpwd=000000';
$url .= '&message='.$message.'&sender=Sitename&sendto='.$user['phone'].'&msgtype=0';

if ($f = @fopen($url, "r"wink) {
$answer = fgets($f, 255);
if (substr($answer, 0, 1) == "+"wink {
//echo "SMS to User was successful.";
} else {
//echo "an error has occurred: [$answer].";
}
} else {
//echo "Error: URL could not be opened.";
}
}
?>

For more information, you can check http://new.smslive247.com/developer_api/download/SMSLive247_HTTP.zip

[Edit: I split the $url string for better readability ]

Hope this helps.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by nelklyn(m): 3:22am On Aug 29, 2012
Thanks mitey, it's exactly the help I needed. I really appreciate the help bro!
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by mitey(m): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Your welcome.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by Sundayobaiduyahoocom: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls guys, i nid tutorial manual on php.pls can anyone send this 2 my email.:obaidusunday@yahoo.com.tnx
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by Sundayobaiduyahoocom: 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hi
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by mysmslive247: 7:06am On Aug 26, 2015
nelklyn:
I have this Hotel Management & Booking System I'm currently working on. I want to enable it send sms alerts for every transaction. I have tried MTN Email2sms that didn't work and more over it's limited to only 5 sms per day. Any ideas on how to implement this using PHP. This whole SMTP server thing is weighing me down...

Hey buddy you can outsource it on freelancer.com or you could find good resources on google
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Send Emails As Sms To Mobile Phones Using PHP by zurine(f): 10:44am On Feb 08, 2016

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria / How To Get Ebooks And Software Online Without Paying A Kobo. / [Warning]Post Adverts On This Board & Get Banned[/Warning]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.