Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang (1674 Views)

I Cant Save Nairaland Pictures On My Phone? / How Can I Post Pics On Nairaland From An Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by sage2(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Recently, I have observed(with pain) a strange and systematic invasion of this forum by some demented people who have the erroneous notion that our lives revolves in and around "Garri". Their approach is to hack into any worthy thread and derail it towards the price of their delicacy(garri). This trend is increasingly getting me worried. I enjoin all well meaning contributors to this forum to, as a matter of urgency, do something to arrest this ugly and evil trend. This is the time to stand up and be counted. Lets get rid of the bastards.

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by KiksAsso: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
There was a time I told one of them that Man shall not live by gari alone. It's sheer stupidity.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by PointB: 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
Funny observation.

Anyway, I wont be part of the gang-up to deny a man his special joy in garri, in any form! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by OAM4J: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
And how does this thread also affect the price of gari?

hehehehe grin grin ... OP am just kidding with the comment you are talking about. You have a very good point.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Acidosis(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
@OP, Forget that thing abeg. I'm very sure you enjoy reading such threads with garri tags grin grin abi u one deny am? ?
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by cindyrella(f): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
Funny thread grin grin grin
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by sage2(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
Acidosis: @OP, Forget that thing abeg. I'm very sure you enjoy reading such threads with garri tags grin grin abi u one deny am? ?

On the contrary, I don't find them amusing. Trust me!
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
There is been indications that a strong ''44 men laptop squad'' with the soul aim of derailing ant-Gej's threads with the ''price of garri'' brohahaa.. Call them the garri men squad.

But seriously I don't see how this particular thread will in any way affect the price of garri in the market. So u guys can fly. *not interested*
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 27, 2012
The op must be a low life. But how does it affect you? Isnt this a public forum? Travel online to other countries and see how other public forums behave then you'll keep your mouth shut.

2 Likes

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by tpia5: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
why is the op more bothered about the garri price folks, than about the nlers whose sole contributions to a thread, are to post "who is viewing".

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by sage2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
diluminati: The op must be a low life. But how does it affect you? Isnt this a public forum? Travel online to other countries and see how other public forums behave then you'll keep your mouth shut.

Bittch! That's all I can tell you.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Super1759: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2012
Is like the op doesn't eat garri.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Biggyd2: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2012
Highlight and click ignore. In fact a proponent of the phrase has already posted on this thread. There are people with diverse views in NL(the good, the bad and the ugly). If you keep complaining about this trend they will increase the garri posts.And really, they have not abused anyone. They are far better than the chronic haters on NL.

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by doctokwus: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
;DAre they any worse dan dedeike who posts long essays of so GEJ's called achievements in any thread he chooses,occupying excessive scrolling space?If u are so concerned,den advocate for d banning of any off topic post na.
On d otherhand if its d garri dat affects u so much,perhaps u might be more comfortable with this:So how does ur thread affect the cost of dangote cement! ;DAre they any worse dan dedeike who posts long essays of so called GEJ's achievements in any thread he chooses,occupying excessive scrolling space?If u are so concerned,den advocate for d banning of any off topic post na.
On d otherhand if its d garri dat affects u so much,perhaps u might be more comfortable with this:So how does ur thread affect the cost of dangote cement!
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
And how does this affect the price og garri in the market?
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by NeuroBoss(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
sage_: Recently, I have observed(with pain) a strange and systematic invasion of this forum by some demented people who have the erroneous notion that our lives revolves in and around "Garri". Their approach is to hack into any worthy thread and derail it towards the price of their delicacy(garri). This trend is increasingly getting me worried. I enjoin all well meaning contributors to this forum to, as a matter of urgency, do something to arrest this ugly and evil trend. This is the time to stand up and be counted. Lets get rid of the bastards.
Mr man, though I'm tempted, I'll condescend so low as to use the same vulgar language as did you. Oh, you think you had the monopoly hun? When will people understand that we cannot all reason the same way? Or you think people are still at the low level of exposure and education you have? Different strokes for different folks,that's what life is all about. Your Lordship, Seun irked me with his peurile warnings or what did he take us to be? Kids? Nairaland is just a pastime and my life is outside of it and that's why I laugh when I read his "that will earn you a ban" threat. As Yorubas will say, "Nnkan l'adìyé n je kí àgbàdo tódáyé" (Before the existence of corn, na something fowls dey chop)
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by sage2(m): 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
NeuroBoss:
Mr man, though I'm tempted, I'll condescend so low as to use the same vulgar language as did you. Oh, you think you had the monopoly hun? When will people understand that we cannot all reason the same way? Or you think people are still at the low level of exposure and education you have? Different strokes for different folks,that's what life is all about. Your Lordship, Seun irked me with his peurile warnings or what did he take us to be? Kids? Nairaland is just a pastime and my life is outside of it and that's why I laugh when I read his "that will earn you a ban" threat. As Yorubas will say, "Nnkan l'adìyé n je kí àgbàdo tódáyé" (Before the existence of corn, na something fowls dey chop)

...very typical of a garri addict.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by kay9(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Op take a chill pill jor. Oya talk true, which would u rather have: garri or cerelac?
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by sage2(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2012
kay9: Op take a chill pill jor. Oya talk true, which would u rather have: garri or cerelac?

None of the two you mentioned. I am fine with golden morn though.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 03, 2012
Rubbish!!!

#freeteamgarri
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2012
@poster...Garri is a fundamental commodity for the existence of the people, for people and by the people in a country called Nigeria.
Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
Garri Price surge in recent years (nearly 35% by this year) :

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by kariolality: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
How does this deflate the price of roasted corn.

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by dowjones(m): 2:10am On Sep 07, 2012
you can't hide from us... garri maps will find you. Getting stronger #teamgarri YMCMGARRI

1 Like

Re: Save Nairaland From The "Garri Price" Gang by timbros(m): 6:53am On Sep 08, 2012
lol @op..
Thread invaded! U no go free garri activists? I'm not a member but i sympathize wit them considering the way almighty dictactor handled the garri issue...
#TooWrong

(1) (Reply)

4 D Moderators: For D 1st Time In 5 Yrs Of Using Nairaland Pls Read / Fraud Alert (CBN E-ALERT) / Heartbreaking Photos Of EXTREMELY Malnourished Madman Laying Dead Inside Gutter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.