Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia (20230 Views)

Tenant Assaults Landlady Over Marijuana In Lagos (photo) / Nigerian Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Drug Trafficking In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by aishatua1: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nigerian sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia!

On August 26, 2012 · In News

2:00 pm

Kuala Lumpur (AFP) – A Malaysian court on Sunday sentenced a Nigerian man to death after convicting him of trafficking more than 14 kilos (31 pounds) of marijuana over the land border with Thailand, a report said.

The court said there was little doubt Moses Chinedu Nwosu, 50, was guilty of the crime — punishable with death by hanging — after the drugs were seized from him on the night of March 25 last year, Bernama news agency said.

The man’s lawyer could not be reached for comment.

The accused testified the drugs carried in a black bag belonged to another man he was travelling with from the Thai border to the northern Malaysian town of Alor Setar, Bernama said citing the judgment.

“However, according to a witness, Moses was seen carrying the black bag… and its key was found in his pocket,” the judge said.

The court decision is the latest in a clampdown by Malaysian authorities on alleged foreign drug traffickers.

A Kuala Lumpur court charged 10 Iranians, an Uzbek and a local with trafficking methamphetamine last week.

An Australian nurse and Nigerian man were also charged with trafficking drugs last month, a case which has attracted media attention worldwide.

Since 1960, more than 440 people have been executed in Malaysia, including two Australians sentenced to death in 1986 for heroin trafficking — the first Westerners to be executed under tough anti-drug laws.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/nigerian-sentenced-to-death-for-drug-trafficking-in-malaysia/
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
pls, trafficking of any kind, is a crime all over the world, a 50 yrs old? may God have mercy on his soul. He deserved whatever he got.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Lordave: 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
This thread is dedicated to Dayokanu and Bluetooth. I pitY MY innocent Igbo brothers.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by BlackPikiN(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
Good job Seun and Mukina..

Ekelem nnu.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by maasoap(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
We need this kind of law in Nigeria as it is now. Drug trafficking, kidnapping, terrorism, embezzelment should all carry capital punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Presidentcarter: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
this convict has a great chance of making heaven, that should be his focus now(blessing in disguise).

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by tunnytox(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Presidentcarter: this convict has a great chance of making heaven, that should be his focus now(blessing in disguise).

WTF

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by CeaserB: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
[size=17pt]Choi!shocked Igbo (Ganja) Wey Boiz Dey Flex For Here!? cheesy
What Kinda Country Is Malaysia!? angry undecided[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Presidentcarter: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
tunnytox:

WTF

were you expecting me to give him a second sentence or what?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by ismhab(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Did they said they found the key in his pocket? Meaning!!!
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Ndata(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
No be the Igbo/Gbana/Weed wey your Yoruba brothers dey plant for Ondo State and dey smoke for motor parks we dey talk about here?Even in America it's not illegal to smoke weed in some States.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by pembisco(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
R.i.p
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Iyaqueen(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
maasoap: We need this kind of law in Nigeria as it is now. Drug trafficking, kidnapping, terrorism, embezzelment should all carry capital punishment.
True cos all dis am hearing from 9ja nowadays is 2 much....the law should be stronger

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by ismhab(m): 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
pembisco: R.i.p
In advance.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by asiancontainer(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2012
ana ekwu nka ozo ana eme. My brothers easy for this so called money pls haaba

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by amosy007: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
This post has being swallowed by seun

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Ndata(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mexican Marijuana is still the finest in the world.Abeg make them free the guy. Marijuana is not that bad?If u doubt it ask Nigeria Police, Army etc.U think it's with clear eye dey they fight Boko Boys and armed robbers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
And how does this boring news reduce the price of garri in the market?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by Okparaejike: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
My people i hail ooo hmmm if una must hussle i take God beg una no be for malasia why because them no they for ani ma bia. God bless una igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by ismhab(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is high time we give these people their independance, before they spoiled Nigeria's name.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by member479760: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
this is just unclothedness!
Re: Nigerian Sentenced To Death For Trafficking Marijuana In Malaysia by tchaik(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
Lordave: This thread is dedicated to Dayokanu and Bluetooth. I pitY MY innocent Igbo brothers.

AND

Rhino.5dm,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Woman, Two Men For Drug Trafficking (photos) / Election: Thugs Kill Soldier In Rivers Few Months To His Wedding (Photos) / Siblings Arrested For Kidnapping 88-Year-Old Father (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.