Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. (13459 Views)

Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 / The Journey With My Peugeot 605 V6 On Abuja - Enugu Highway On 30/12/2011 / My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
My 206 has central lock problem. The BSI seems to be the issue. I fixed a new BSI and d central lock started working but the car won't start because of the immobilizer and it has to be recoded to work with my car's ECU. Did some online research and found out that a BSI cannot be recoded. The only option is to buy a new BSI and ECU from the same car and transfer to my car before it will work. How true is this? Isn't there some guru that can actually program the new BSI to work with my car?

Another unfortunate thing is that the new BSI i put in my car briefly changed my mileage from 44,000 to 145,000. I read that fixing a new BSI changes the reading of the mileage. Imagine my car that is pretty low on mileage now taking on the mileage of an older car. Can i get someone to reprogram the mileage? The new BSi wasn't even used because d car won't start, it was just fixed to test if the central lock would work.

Honestly, this newer model of cars have too much wahala. My central lock controls my boot and d boot has no external opener, therefore my boot no longer opens and i have no access to my spare tire. I really feel like selling the car.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
Not strictly true that the Peugeot / Citroen BSI can't be recoded. With the correct knowledge and software, they're coded all day long. In Nigeria however, your options with regards coding are somewhat limited.

You'll need the BSI, ECU and ignition key from the same donor car, with the same engine as your own car. With regards your altered mileage, your Peugeot 206, like most new models (BMW and Mercedes-Benz are the same) stores mileage data in the ECU or BSI. Older cars stored mileage data in the instrument cluster. This means you can lift the cluster from a lower mileage car, and as soon as you plug it into your car, and power it up, your own mileage will appear.

The mileage can't be altered, as far as I know.

Have you tried replacing your original BSI unit? If yes, does the engine now start, and has your mileage reverted back to what it should be?
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by BTT(m): 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
I am battling with a similar problem.

I drive a Peugeot 207. It started with the car cutting power, which came with the 'Engine Mgt System Faulty' sign. After paying through the eye of the needle to get it fixed, my mech took it to a car wash, unsolicited, and got the engine compartment washed too. 3 days later, the 'Depollution System Faulty' came up and the car began choosing when to respond to kick-starting. The car eventually refused to start sometime in April and has remained grounded after a pug expert diagnosed the ECU as fried. April till date, we have not been able to get a matching ECU, BSI, and key.
The car has been a wonderful car only that its maintenance and parts have been worrisome. I am even contemplating selling the car after fixing it, but it would break my heart to sell unhappiness to someone else. Pls help Siena.

Pls help.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2012
BTT: I am battling with a similar problem.

I drive a Peugeot 207. It started with the car cutting power, which came with the 'Engine Mgt System Faulty' sign. After paying through the eye of the needle to get it fixed, my mech took it to a car wash, unsolicited, and got the engine compartment washed too. 3 days later, the 'Depollution System Faulty' came up and the car began choosing when to respond to kick-starting. The car eventually refused to start sometime in April and has remained grounded after a pug expert diagnosed the ECU as fried. April till date, we have not been able to get a matching ECU, BSI, and key.
The car has been a wonderful car only that its maintenance and parts have been worrisome. I am even contemplating selling the car after fixing it, but it would break my heart to sell unhappiness to someone else. Pls help Siena.

Pls help.

Sorry to hear about your car issues, I feel your pain.

What year is your Peugeot 207, and what engine size? Could you please let me have the ECU part number?

Thanks.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2012
Yes Sienna. I tried replacing d original BSI but d car won't start but d boot begins to open.
I had to put back d original BSI and I'm driving d car with a faulty central lock hence my boot does nt open.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by BTT(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2012
Thank you #Siena. The delayed response was due to my inability to get the ECU from the guy who took it to 'Ladipo' in search of one.

I have it now.

The ECU Part no. is TJ1681142206. Another no is written underneath it- M2E1. And on the plastic casing- 96 537 757 80. The car's VIN is VF3WCKFV734401771. Thanks bro.

Just yesterday a mech-tech strongly suggested that we transplant the engine and gear with a Nissan Primera or Golf Gti's. Pls let me know your learned opinion sir. Again, thanks and God bless.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by BTT(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
My Pug is a 2007 1.4 ltr 6 gear manual drive.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by karaye: 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
Siena: Not strictly true that the Peugeot / Citroen BSI can't be recoded. With the correct knowledge and software, they're coded all day long. In Nigeria however, your options with regards coding are somewhat limited.

You'll need the BSI, ECU and ignition key from the same donor car, with the same engine as your own car. With regards your altered mileage, your Peugeot 206, like most new models (BMW and Mercedes-Benz are the same) stores mileage data in the ECU or BSI. Older cars stored mileage data in the instrument cluster. This means you can lift the cluster from a lower mileage car, and as soon as you plug it into your car, and power it up, your own mileage will appear.

The mileage can't be altered, as far as I know.

Have you tried replacing your original BSI unit? If yes, does the engine now start, and has your mileage reverted back to what it should be?

PLS I HAVE THAT ISSUE WITH MY 406 BUT I HATE THIS MILEAGE CHANGING,AM ASK TO BUY NEW BSI WITH 2 NEW KEYS,PLS WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS.THANKS
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by abdulkadir(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=BTT]Thank you #Siena. The delayed response was due to my inability to get the ECU from the guy who took it to 'Ladipo' in search of one.

I have it now.

The ECU Part no. is TJ1681142206. Another no is written underneath it- M2E1. And on the plastic casing- 96 537 757 80. The car's VIN is VF3WCKFV734401771. Thanks bro.

Just yesterday a mech-tech strongly suggested that we transplant the engine and gear with a Nissan Primera or Golf Gti's. Pls let me know your learned opinion sir. Aga
nija mechanics! If u must change d engine is dre no 207 in d market?
If ur ECU is the issue i bliv you could get @ ASD motors in kaduna or abuja. They are PAN dealers & i think have the highest shareholding in PAN.
Re: Help: My Peugeot 206 is having a BSI issue. by kablooee: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
I can re-program your new BSI to your vehicle. give me a call

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Car Dealers So Greedy?! / RE: Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being By Baba40: 7:08pm On Nov 2 / How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.