Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 (6210 Views)

Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) / Would You Buy This 1982 Peugeot 504 Station Wagon For ₦6million? / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
1. I think the rate of fuel consumption is on the high side. The car fires just fine when driving, no exhaust leakage. I even changed the plugs recently. What else can I check?

2. There seems to be a drag or should I say hesitation when I want to accelerate from rest. In my impatience, if I press the accelerator harder, d car stutters, misfires, before picking up.

3. The car over heats only when I switch on the AC. The fan works perfectly. I even changed the radiator recently. The compressor makes a continous cranky sound when the AC is put on. The AC works perfectly.

4. The power steering isn't working well. The wheel is hard. I bought a new power steering pump to no avail. An electrician told me I should change the car's fuse box and the problem will be fixed since the pump is not manual to be bked but electrically controlled. Anybody had such an experience?

Suggestions and Solutions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by mayor2013: 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
GreatAgb:
1. I think the rate of fuel consumption is on the high side. The car fires just fine when driving, no exhaust leakage. I even changed the plugs recently. What else can I check?

2. There seems to be a drag or should I say hesitation when I want to accelerate from rest. In my impatience, if I press the accelerator harder, d car stutters, misfires, before picking up.

3. The car over heats only when I switch on the AC. The fan works perfectly. I even changed the radiator recently. The compressor makes a continous cranky sound when the AC is put on. The AC works perfectly.

4. The power steering isn't working well. The wheel is hard. I bought a new power steering pump to no avail. An electrician told me I should change the car's fuse box and the problem will be fixed since the pump is not manual to be bked but electrically controlled. Anybody had such an experience?

Run a comprehensive scan first on your powertrain
Secondly a proper diagnosis should be carried out
What has fuse box got to do with an electronically controlled power steering angry
What year is this Peugeot?
Lastly, take your car away from that quacky kazeem of yours before he sends your ride to an early grave, if you in lagos and want to get a good solution. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C552
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
mayor2013:

Run a comprehensive scan first on your powertrain
Secondly a proper diagnosis should be carried out
What has fuse box got to do with an electronically controlled power steering angry
What year is this Peugeot?
Lastly, take your car away from that quacky kazeem of yours before he sends your ride to an early grave, if you in lagos and want to get a good solution. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C552

I took the car to a Pegeout servicing centre. All the so called scans were done with the PPS but didn't come up with anything tangible. I was told to change the pump. that's all. I wasn't impressed at all. It is a 2002 automatic. I reside in Makurdi
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by mayor2013: 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
GreatAgb:

I took the car to a Pegeout servicing centre. All the so called scans were done with the PPS but didn't come up with anything tangible. I was told to change the pump. that's all. I wasn't impressed at all. It is a 2002 automatic. I reside in Makurdi

You were meant to be given some fault error (s) @ the Peugeot centre. I can't really say if your power steering mechanism is controlled mechanically
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
mayor2013:

You were meant to be given some fault error (s) @ the Peugeot centre. I can't really say if your power steering mechanism is controlled mechanically

They weren't acting competent in my opinion. I just left.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
Blocked catalyst.

Check your catalyst (front side radiator) ensure its not blocked.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Blocked catalyst.

Thanks for your comment. But which of the problems does that address? radiator and catalyst? I don't get the link. Shed some light pls Thank you.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Oct 29, 2015
GreatAgb:

Thanks for your comment. But which of the problems does that address? radiator and catalyst? I don't get the link. Shed some light pls Thank you.

Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by auhanson(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2015
GreatAgb:

Since you have changed the power steering pump, and your steering rack is in order, you may have to look at the steering pump belt too and examine physically to be sure it is in good order. I may not know for Peugeot, but this usually make a lot of people sell out their MB ML and GL when wrongly diagnosed.

Alternatively , it wouldn't be bad idea if you could post the scan result here to enable us narrow down this issue. Also there is nothing better than onsite observation and examination of the physical components, else every other thing could be guess work.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
auhanson:

Since you have changed the power steering pump, and your steering rack is in order, you may have to look at the steering pump belt too and examine physically to be sure it is in good order. I may not know for Peugeot, but this usually make a lot of people sell out their MB ML and GL when wrongly diagnosed.

Alternatively , it wouldn't be bad idea if you could post the scan result here to enable us narrow down this issue. Also there is nothing better than onsite observation and examination of the physical components, else every other thing could be guess work.

okay. thanks
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Ikenna351(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
GreatAgb:

Most Peugeot 307s come with factory Variable steering. Meaning, they have Servatronic ECUs that control the heaviness and lightness of steering their wheels. Their pumps are also electrically driven.

First step to diagnose Peugeot variable steering system is to carryout PP2000 session to determine what the steering ECU has to say, including the state of resistor attached on their rack. Your findings will determine if its ECU or resistor related or pump has lost its positive or ground power supply, which can easily be tested with Digital Multimeter while engine runs.

All these have to be ruled out before considering failed pump. However, you can easily test the pump by temporary bypassing and running positive and negative supply to the pump power connector directly from battery. It will tell you if pump is good without removing the pump from the lion, because it will work with that temporal connection, if the pump is good, even if the steering ECU or resistor is faulty.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

5 Likes

Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by auhanson(m): 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ikenna351:

Most Peugeot 307s come with factory Variable steering. Meaning, they have Servatronic ECUs that control the heaviness and lightness of steering their wheels. Their pumps are also electrically driven.

First step to diagnose Peugeot variable steering system is to carryout PP2000 session to determine what the steering ECU has to say, including the state of resistor attached on their rack. Your findings will determine if its ECU or resistor related or pump has lost its positive or ground power supply, which can easily be tested with Digital Multimeter while engine runs.

All these have to be ruled out before considering failed pump. However, you can easily test the pump by temporary bypassing and running positive and negative supply to the pump power connector directly from battery. It will tell you if pump is good without removing the pump from the lion, because it will work with that temporal connection, if the pump is good, even if the steering ECU or resistor is faulty.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

That is the King of Lion talking. Take it from him

1 Like

Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna, The Lion King.

Thanks. I hope I can get a good Electrician to do these stuffs here in Makurdi. I'll ask around.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I had the catalyst checked and was told it has blocked. I was adviced to remove it and be using the vehicle that way pending when I have the money to replace it. are there any negetive effects of usinh the vehicle without the catalyst?
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by mayor2013: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2015
GreatAgb:

I had the catalyst checked and was told it has blocked. I was adviced to remove it and be using the vehicle that way pending when I have the money to replace it. are there any negetive effects of usinh the vehicle without the catalyst?

High fuel consumption
Nothing to control the release of harmful gases to the ecosystem since the cat has been removed
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2015
mayor2013:

High fuel consumption
Nothing to control the release of harmful gases to the ecosystem since the cat has been removed

Tell the. Bolded to the over 1,000,000 commercial buses running on carbs and having no cats on our roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by mayor2013: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Tell the. Bolded to the over 1,000,000 commercial buses running on carbs and having no cats on our roads.

grin
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
mayor2013:

High fuel consumption
cry angry
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Ikenna351(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2015
GreatAgb:

Does the Lion has Downstream oxygen sensor in the emission system? If yes, what did engine ECU said about its condition? Did the ECU confirmed what you just said they told you? In fact, what did engine ECU said about your lion issues, from the beginning?

Manual diagnosis on modern lions are good when you have the right tools for it, know how to go about it or have access to parts you can swap to test, rather than change parts at random.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ikenna351:

Does the Lion has Downstream oxygen sensor in the emission system? If yes, what did engine ECU said about its condition? Did the ECU confirmed what you just said they told you? In fact, what did engine ECU said about your lion issues, from the beginning?

Manual diagnosis on modern lions are good when you have the right tools for it, know how to go about it or have access to parts you can swap to test, rather than change parts at random.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

Yes it has the downstream sensor. Nothing was said about the exhaust system when I took it for scanning at the Peugeot service center here, although their services was rather poor. I used to get anti-pollution fault on the dashboard but it stopped when I realized the exhaust was leaking where the manifold is attached to the engine due to some missing bolts and had it fixed.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Ikenna351(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
[
I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by ruby360: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
GreatAgb:

They weren't acting competent in my opinion. I just left.

Thanks for your contribution.

Tell the mechanic to check the water pump
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by DonBobes(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Blocked catalyst.

walai u dis GAZZUZZ and LUVINHUBBY are doin a great job here in dis car forum. I giv u guys kudos 4 dat.
God bless u both.

Dnt get swollen headed, b4 i blow ur head off.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2015
ruby360:

Tell the mechanic to check the water pump

Water pump working perfectly.

Thanks for contributing
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by ruby360: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
GreatAgb:

Water pump working perfectly.

Thanks for contributing

You can't know unless your mechanic opens the compartment behind timing chain. Just go check everything and stop complaining here.
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by din4all: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
My 307 has exactly all the 4 issues yours have, pls have you resolved it, kindly send mee a text msg so I can call you for counsel of a better way out.
Hope to hear from you.
Thanks.

Daniel
08023946171, 08067171507 or 08186251771
Re: Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 by din4all: 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2016

My 307 has exactly all the 4 issues yours have, pls have you resolved it, kindly send mee a text msg so I can call you for counsel of a better way out.
Hope to hear from you.
Thanks.

Daniel
08023946171, 08067171507 or 08186251771

(1) (Reply)

Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic / Camry Forum / Toyota Tundra Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.