Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,573 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan (25796 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / My Critics Will Eat Their Words, Oyegun Replies Akande. / I Will Surprise My Critics In 2013-jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by mukina2: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan said on Monday he would prove critics of his administration wrong by 2013 when the dividends of new policies introduced begin to manifest.

Jonathan said this while declaring open the 52nd Annual General Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association in Abuja.

He said he was the most criticised President in the world at the moment because his critics failed to understand that the country’s current challenges predated his administration, the News Agency of Nigeria reports

He assured that his critics would have the cause to praise him at the end of the life of his administration when his Transformation Agenda would have yielded the expected dividends.

[b]“I think I am then most criticised president in the whole world, but I tell this noble audience that before I leave, I will also be the most praised president.

“I have experienced that before in my governor journey in Bayelsa state. In fact, people who were close to me will tell you that even after the election, I told them that in my first 12 months please cover your ears because you will hear all kinds of things. But as we progress, you will see (changes).

“We are working very hard to stabilise power. We are working very hard to resurface our roads. We have security challenges, which we are also working very hard to bring to reasonable control.

“It is not easy; we don’t have the magic wand, except the miracle worker that with the wave of the hand, probably will help to throw all these challenges away and prosperity will appear. But in pure governance issues, it takes time.

“Sometimes, even people who have held offices in government criticise me to the extent of personal abuses. Sometimes I ask, were there roads across in the country and Jonathan brought flood to wipe out these roads? or we had power and I brought hurricane to break down the entire infrastructure?

“If they say Boko Haram is because of poverty; were there massive irrigation projects in the North where agriculture can thrive and massive farms, and Jonathan brought drought to wipe out these farms? under two years is it possible? Well, time will tell. What I can tell Nigerians is that let those who criticize continue to criticise.

“We will do our best and as we progress, Nigerians will know the truth and we’ll see that we are committed and will surely transform this country,” he said.
[/b]

The President said that he promised to deliver free, fair and credible elections before the conduct of the 2011 general elections and the assessment of the polls by local and international observers was a testimony that he kept his promise.

He said his administration had initiated policies that would ensure the political, social and economic transformation of the country.

Jonathan said the Federal Government had proposed a new Anti-terrorism Bill 2012 to address the current security challenges in the country.

The President said he disagreed with the position of the NBA on the urgent need to create State Police to address the security challenges in the country.

According to him, the country is not ripe for State Police because it can easily be abused by the governors, a development, which can worsen the security situation in the country.

He said the police became worse for it, when it introduced the policy of deploying men from the rank of Inspector downward to their states of origin.

Jonathan said his administration considered the NBA as a partner in progress and commended the association for choosing a topical theme for the conference.

The theme is “Nigeria as an Emerging Market: Redefining our Laws and Politics for Growth,” the President said, was in line with the public-private-partnership-oriented policy of his administration.

He urged the association to review its rules of engagement, which he said, barred its officers from directly getting involved in day-to-day governance either in an advisory or participatory capacity.

He disclosed that he had appointed the outgoing President of the NBA, Joseph Daudu (SAN), as Honorary Legal Adviser, but he (Daudu) declined the offer based on the rules of engagement of the association.

Jonathan said he was still willing to appoint the incoming president of the association to the position if the rule could be reviewed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-surprise-my-critics-by-2013-jonathan/

8 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by okosodo: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
just like you are doing now

2 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
Empty promises as Usual
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by nitrogen(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
Na today? Mukina, abeg next story joor.
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Dotman01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
I dont give a damn about the
intentions of Goodluck Jonathan,
but I and my unborn generations
are directly affected by his actions
and inactions today. As a President, Jonathan holds a
position of trust and responsibity
that makes him directly
accountable to those at whose
pleasure he occupied that office. His actions and inactions will
therefore be thoroughly
scrutinized and criticized by those
at whose behest he was elevated
to a high office. His intentions, on
the other hand, are no ones business but his own.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
Mr. President,

Just do what you can and leave the rest.

Nigeria is a failed project of the selfish colonial masters.
It is too bad that Lord Luggard and his fellow slave traders are not hear to see the consequences of their actions.

A nation without a national ideology is nothing but a mirage.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Biggyd2: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
Why is he always interested in the people that "criticize" and "abuse" him? Why don't you just perform your duties as president, then watch and see if they won't KEEP QUIET!

9 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Pataki: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Clueless president. Same story day in day out.

Does the cassava bread that you are chewing like a dumb goat give recourse to this clueless regurgitation sir dumbo

4 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by NwaNimo1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2012

45 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by kellystech(m): 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
I just pray his plans come through

4 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by fittty(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
Suprise dem now dude. Why wait till 2013 ? No visible impact and u expect o performe magic by 2013

1 Like

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by ariyebaba(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
Enough of ur rhetorics.......................... ACTION !
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by reindeer: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
What?He's going to start thinking?wow!
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hiss

The guy is just too daft

2 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by sheyguy: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
Biggyd2: Why is he always interested in the people that "criticize" and "abuse" him? Why don't you just perform your duties as president, then watch and see if they won't KEEP QUIET!
i hope the president gets to see your comment and let him give us genuine reason to be his praise singer until our voices becomes louder than those of his one way critics who only see bad in him. As for me, if i feel he is not doing enough, then i will constructively criticize him.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by occam(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
Of course, the criticisms will continue until we see results. Yes, you own boko harem problem, lack of power, bad infrastructures etc.. the buck stops with you. You promised and swore to transform Nigeria; just get on with the job.

Are you expecting sympathy? You knew Nigeria had so many challenges and decided to take on the job of President; volunatrily

4 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Tropilo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
No Nigerian leader has the ability to surprise any right thinking person positively.
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by slimdiggi: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
From d word retardeen is the word r.et.ard...definitions plsss
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Dawdy(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
Removal of fuel subsidy was 2012 surprise, Jonathan, we are waiting for that of 2013

8 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by aspabay(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hmmm......Strong words there Jona, i just hope for your sake that you won't have to eat your own words in the long run. Goodluck, you need it!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

cracked me up.

For real, power is becoming stable in my area, been long i purchased fuel

9 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by lacasa: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dotman01: I dont give a damn about the
intentions of Goodluck Jonathan,
but I and my unborn generations
are directly affected by his actions
and inactions today. As a President, Jonathan holds a
position of trust and responsibity
that makes him directly
accountable to those at whose
pleasure he occupied that office. His actions and inactions will
therefore be thoroughly
scrutinized and criticized by those
at whose behest he was elevated
to a high office. His intentions, on
the other hand, are no ones business but his own.

U've said it all
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by aspabay(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
Mr talk talk
You said Boko Haram will be history by June...we are still waiting
You said Boko Haram made you suspend your campaign promises...abi?
You said some people were rascals...
You said terrorism is a global phenomenon, we should live with it...
You also said you don't give a damn about a constitutional requirement...
Why won't you be the most insulted.
By 2013, I'm sure you will surprise us by becoming the most insulted president of all times.
Mtcheeeew. Next please...

6 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Gonzaga1010(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
I pray 4 God 2 help u do dat

2 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by occam(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
noblezone: Mr. President,

Just do what you can and leave the rest.

Nigeria is a failed project of the selfish colonial masters.
It is too bad that Lord Luggard and his fellow slave traders are not hear to see the consequences of their actions.

A nation without a national ideology is nothing but a mirage.

Not yet 2013 and you've given him an excuse

1 Like

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by pastie(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hmm. This man must have smell somethings,
Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by dedeike: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
Mr president, I believe you. And I have never been ashamed nor afraid to say it. 
You are bringing something new and refreshing to governance. Under your watch, we are beginning to experience new frontiers in the art of governance.

We are beginning to see openness and transparency at its peak. Before you came, NNPC and allied oil agencies were ran like secret cults. No body knew how much was paid as subsidy or the faces behind importation. Subsidy payments were drawn as first line charge, no appriopration whatsoever. Today, we have not only seen the faces of the cabal but we have seen them being dragged to court.  Your govt has given us the first comprehensive legislation on Energy sector as PIB. Your govt is repairing our refineries and executed PPP with Vulcan for 6 new ones.

You are reforming poower. Refurbishing power plants and pursuing privatisation of PHCN. In one year, you have recorded an all time high generation of 4,477 megawatts as evidenced in the links below

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/174360-power-generation-hits-4477mw

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/business/57661-electricity-generation-hits-record-4477mw.html

http://newsbreaknigeria.com/news/Nigeria+hits+record+4%2C477.7+megawatts

You are renovating all our major international airports with Enugu shut down completely for overhaul, domestic wing of Abuja airports too. The works include massive upgrade of runways and all airport facilities.

You are sanitizing our ports, withdrawing 9 parasitic agencies from the wharfs thereby easing the clearing of goods
You are starting 9 new federal universities in one year, 2 law school campuses in Yola and Yenogoa, increased funding to 400 billion, setting up Almajiri school systems, settled all outstanding issues with ASUU thereby reducing strikes. Upgrade of lectures retirement age from 65 to 70.
Minimum wage increment for workers and corpers.

Spearheading Agricultural reforms and fertilizer redistribution and the cassava initiative which is largely misunderstood by the unintelligent.
reviving our railways. Commenced phase II of the Lagos- Kano. With Abuja-Kaduna at 30% ongoing.

Through your minister of finance, you re entrenching fiscal discipline and insisting that all projects must pass through due process causing corrupt politicians to threaten impeachment.
They say you should have implemented 100% a budget that was only passed in April all because you insist that the era of racketeering with constituency projects are gone.

46 Likes

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Biggyd2: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
sheyguy:
i hope the president gets to see your comment and let him give us genuine reason to be his praise singer until our voices becomes louder than those of his one way critics who only see bad in him. As for me, if i feel he is not doing enough, then i will constructively criticize him.

Nice. Have no problem with that at all. So long as this country is set in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by ismhab(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
YOU WILL SURPRISED THEM WITH FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
Just do your best nobody is perfect. people who are abusing are doing so cos of poverty wiping their faces, were you not suffering before he came on board?

1 Like

Re: I Will Surprise My Critics By 2013 – Jonathan by 2rutalk1: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
None of his (Jonathan's) critics will do better than him, if given the opportunity to serve. Some of u are holding minor positions in ur offices/homes but no one can trace your achievements. This is a microcosm of what the man is passing through. As far as I know he (Jonathan) is performing below our expectations, we should also remember that so many forces are working against him just to pull him down. I think what the man needs is our support to succeed.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crack In Militants Camp Widens / Court Affirms Senate's Power To Reject Magu / Zulum Distributes Palliatives To 5000 Widows, Aged & Vulnerables In Borno (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.