Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Between A Job And A Master's Degree - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between A Job And A Master's Degree (889 Views)

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / Will A Master's Degree Improve One's Employment Prospect? / 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Job And A Master's Degree by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hi People,
Well, I've always wanted to be a lecturer. Not just anywhere, but here in Nigeria, in a Nigerian University. I have always felt that was my calling, and that is the career path I chose. Okay, now I graduated, two years ago, and I've finished my service year and I realise that i NEED money and I realise that a career in Nigerian Universities is not easy to get into. I've been getting promising job offers from left , right , and center ( I'm a Pharmacist and luckily it's relatively easy to get a job in Nigeria) and I've been turning them down because I wanted a Master's degree etc to start my career but i only recently began to wonder if i'm being stupid. I mean, Shouldnt i just get a job and start working and maybe try to get a master's degree around my job? Especially with the spate of unemployment in Nigeria. I'm beginning to think that focusing on a master's degree fulltime is stupid because universities in Nigeria would delay regardless of whether you choose full-time or part-time studies....so right now i'm beginning to think of ditching the idea of a 'career' and just get a job instead and make some cash....
Re: Between A Job And A Master's Degree by k2039: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
Bludeville: Shouldnt i just get a job and start working and maybe try to get a master's degree around my job? Especially with the spate of unemployment in Nigeria. I'm beginning to think that focusing on a master's degree fulltime is stupid because universities in Nigeria would delay regardless of whether you choose full-time or part-time studies....so right now i'm beginning to think of ditching the idea of a 'career' and just get a job instead and make some cash....
So what else do you want to hear from us,you have a problem with a solution to it.
Go make some money
Re: Between A Job And A Master's Degree by k2039: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
Besides you are a lady,you dont have a problem you can decide to go for a degree,if you get the admission soon.
All you have to do is marry right since you are a lady,if you were a guy it would have been a different story.
Re: Between A Job And A Master's Degree by Otuabaroku: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hey poster, it is very good idea for you to get job and work experience. It will not only give you the professional exposure in your field but also make you get full grasp of most of the things you have learnt in your undergraduate. This I think would put you at advantage when you eventually go for your masters and a better lecturer in the future as you will be delivering both from theoretical and experience wise. You can not ask for more when you have achieved this status.

(1) (Reply)

Working Condition Of Starcomms Ltd / IITA Vacancy - Research Technicians / Vacancies Vacancies For OND And HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.