Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Daar Communications Webiste - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Daar Communications Webiste (2703 Views)

Smile Communications - Unlimited Data Scam / Help Us Review Our New E-commerce Webiste / How To Integrate Payment System On My Webiste? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daar Communications Webiste by Afam(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2008
Saw the website of DAAR Communications PLC (AIT and Ray Power) being advertised on AIT.

www.daargroup.com

Your thoughts. Think they deserve something better, personal opinion.
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by my2cents(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2008
At the risk of waking up the dreaded ghost of broadcode cool

I don't know much about DAAR but I can take a crack at a few issues (I use FireFox by the way):

1) Why the scrolling title in the title bar? Who are they trying to impress? I am getting hypnotized as we speak

2) If the news is updated frequently, why not use a CMS?

3) Why are all the news items on one long page? It seems dividing them out into individual pages would make more sense

4) For interactivity reasons, their "INTERNATIONAL TRANSMISSION" section would probably look better implemented as a flash/video component

5) Submitting their contact form gives me a server side error

6) I don't think in today's day and age, I need to be told where the Menu is. Even a layman can figure that out

7) Why the space in some file names (e.g. about%20us.html)? It might work well on IIS but what happens if it is ported to a server that doesn't support spaces?

8 ) The copyright section still says "2007". Did I hear someone say, "Weell my2cents, wake up, 2008 just started. Even you could have made that mistake". True indeed. However, if that component were implemented server side, then it would have changed automatically wink Let's just pray the developers used includes, otherwise ya wa go bust come updating time.

Considering AIT charges as much as $15 per month (in addition to what I would have to pay, standard, for my regular cable/satellite bill), I would expect better. In my opinion, http://www.aittv.com/ is way better. So Afam, how we go land d deal? wink

As always, my 2 cents
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by broadcode(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hey my2cents,

Why are you scared of me? You shouldn't beĀ  grin and you shouldn't call me a ghost either. I come on here regularly and I reply to any post that I deem fit.

I dont have anything to say about the Daar site but I will like to point an error on your www.acewebdevelopment.net. See what happens to your contact details and links on the top bar (the header) if the browser window is restored down, I mean when the browser is not maximized. Correct this and test your site with different screen resolutions.

Anyway, this is a New Year and please remember I dont hold any grudge with you.

BroadCode
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by my2cents(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2008
Broad,

1) In case you didn't get it, it was a joke. Since the emoticon I used above apparently didn't convey the message, let me try another one: tongue Also, I am not scared of you. By being on this forum, I have nothing to lose. For all I know (and care) the chances of meeting you in real life and/or getting any favors from you in life are pretty darn close to zero.

2) By calling you a ghost, again it is a joke. Again, hopefully another emoticon will help convey the message: grin Perhaps I should have put it in quotes. Sorry about that. The statement meant that I rarely see you on Nairaland anymore and by commenting on DAAR, I was "afraid (please note the quotes. Don't take it literally and say, "I talk am, my2cents dey scared of me", because I am not) you would come up with your "who says you are holier than thou" comments. Sadly, you just confirmed my concerns.

3) Concerning my site, majority of web users now have 1024 resolution screens. As a result, I now code with them in mind. If you have anything less, too bad. However, to prevent horizontal scroll, I set the width to 980px. I am not a believer in fluid layouts. Why? The risk of horizontal scroll and difficulty in placing images(or other elements) that have fixed widths within the context of fluid widths, to mention but a few.

I am getting calls, both in the Nigeria and the US, so apparently I did something right. As a matter of fact, get ready to point out an error in a site I will be launching on Jan 7. I am already trembling as a matter of fact and just got a prescription for High Blood Pressure just in case (again, a joke wink)

You say, "I come on here regularly and I reply to any post that I deem fit." yet here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-102263.0.html you say, "That's why am not active on this board anymore.". Oga, which ones you no dey (and don't even think about modifying that post smiley)?

What does New Year have to do with anything? Can a leopard get rid of its stripes? By the way, thanks for letting me know you don't hold a grudge with me. I can now sleep with my 32 yellow teeth totally exposed knowing that you don't (again, a joke cheesy)
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by kwachazz: 12:44am On Oct 23, 2008
please check www.daarsat.com it is a temporary site as they say they are launching their full website early next year but this has all you need to know to become a subscriber or a dealer.
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by Mustay(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2008
The site is just a non-interactive one.

The "Tv" on the site only shows a pre-recorded program always instead of viewing AIT live.
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by yawatide(f): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2008
Y even have a live feed. Most TV stations don't do that. Interactivity? I am in support of that though. These days, you need a reason (b/w blogs, forums, polls, etc) to get the visitors to come back again and again.
Re: Daar Communications Webiste by Mustay(m): 8:41am On Oct 29, 2008
Methinks the site is just to put DAAr online.

(1) (Reply)

Free Php Smart Guest Book 2.0 - Download / Try This Mtn Cheat... Its Unlimited / The Mighty Facebook Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.