Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. (1843 Views)

Is Tecno T3 Better Than Samsung Galaxy Pocket? / Help My Samsung Galaxy Pocket! / Samsung Galaxy Pocket Vs Tecno T1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by Warfibabe(f): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2012
Hi Nlders, i recently bought the above mentioned phone, and tried using their internet service with my airtel line. But everytime i load a recharge card it will disappear within minutes of opening a page on the internet. Pls what do i do? My brother thinks the subscription is like that of BIS. Any opinions? Especially from those using Pocket. Thanks.
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by Warfibabe(f): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
Na wa o!. . . 33 views and not one single reply. Seriously i need help o!. Anyone?.
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by zion32(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
Browsing on an android fone consumes alot of data,its better to suscribe to a plan,also turn off auto sync from settings because if u leave it on,the fone will connect to servers without ur knowledge.
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by walcolm(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2012
android devices use data if it is available and Airtel has now configured their network to allow you use data on a PLUG and PLAY basis with no manual configuration necessary if your device requests for data

what that means is, once you have airtime on your sim and your phone demands data, you will be charged on a data PAYG rate and that is why your credit seems to be disappearing

the PAYG rate is high so your best bet is to subscribe to data service to avoid the PAYG rate.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by Warfibabe(f): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2012
thank you very much... i will subscribe to their data plan and see how it works out.
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by jeebz: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
Install DroidWall, which allows you to select which application have internet access
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by Warfibabe(f): 8:26am On Sep 01, 2012
Pls how do i install it? Thanx.
Re: Galaxy Pocket Wahala!. by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2012
Just go to ur Settings => Auto Sync

Disable autosyc.

Henceforth u only use the data as u wish. Make sure u have a data plan

Warfibabe: Hi Nlders, i recently bought the above mentioned phone, and tried using their internet service with my airtel line. But everytime i load a recharge card it will disappear within minutes of opening a page on the internet. Pls what do i do? My brother thinks the subscription is like that of BIS. Any opinions? Especially from those using Pocket. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Blackberry Plans / Mtn Zone Fraud.(419) / Airtel Bsm Subscription Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.