Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Recovering Deleted Files - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Recovering Deleted Files (593 Views)

Recovering My Yahoo Mail! / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / Recovering Of Lost Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recovering Deleted Files by xcitedjay(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2012
Saw a tweet from someone I follow on twitter asking if it was possible to recover a
file deleted from her recycle bin and one of the replies she received was "FOREVER
GONE!!"

I am writing this to tell you that the file isn't indeed 'FOREVER GONE!!'. Infact it has
gone nowhere.

From my knowledge of the harddisk, files are not erased when they are deleted from
the recycle bin, they are only marked by the Operating System as 'to be written over'
but not erased. New data will be written over these files when there are no other free
space.

Recova is one software that I've tried which worked for me, the software enables
you to recover files that might have been accidentally deleted from your system. You
can download a free version from www.piriform.com/recova/download

Another software that have versions for both Windows and Mac users is 'Data
Recovery'. Others you may want to try are Panda Recovery, TOKIWA Data Recovery
and Undelete Plus.

techbyjay..com
Re: Recovering Deleted Files by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2012
Nice one. I'll check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Get The Information Of Some One If I Have The GSM No. / Dotnet Palaver / I Need Information about A Good Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.