Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport (5105 Views)

Nigerians Of Eminence - Adebayo Ogunlesi Nigerian Owner Of Gatwick Airport / Nigerian Business Tycoon Buys London Gatwick Airport / A Nigerian (adebayo Ogunlesi) Bought Gatwick Airport 2nd In This Kitty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport by iyaski: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2012
Adebayo Ogunlesi, a Nigerian-born investment banker made international headlines when he led the acquisition of London’s Gatwick Airport from the British Airports Authority in a recorded £1.51 billion (US$ 2.39 billion) deal.

Adebayo Ogunlesi, 58 is the chairman and managing partner of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), a New York-based independent private equity fund focused primarily on infrastructural investments, with over US$5.6 billion under management. The purchase of Gatwick Airport may have grabbed all the headlines, but GIP has some other noteworthy assets in its portfolio including a 75 percent stake in London City Airport, and Biffa Limited, a UK based waste management company.

Gatwick Airport suffered deep losses over the years, and all the turnaround efforts made by its former managers, the British Airport Authority (BAA), failed to halt the downward spiral. In the first nine months of 2009, the airport reportedly recorded a pre-tax loss of over £780 million (US$ 1.23 billion), prompting the British government to actively shop for buyers.

But Ogunlesi believed strongly in the future of the airport so much that he invested some of his own personal funds into the acquisition. He promised to make Gatwick a truly first class international airline and substantially improve the customer experience. Judging from his antecedents, he is likely to deliver on those promises.

READ MORE ON
http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/05/the-man-who-bought-gatwick-airport/

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport by Chanchit: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2012
Halleluia.... Nigerians too are now buying gov't properties in foreign lands, no be only our properties foreigners dey up for grabs... Make me sef do quick, go buy Detroit pistons..
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chanchit: Halleluia.... Nigerians too are now buying gov't properties in foreign lands, no be only our properties foreigners dey up for grabs... Make me sef do quick, go buy Detroit pistons..
it íß very possible.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport by iyaski: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chanchit: Halleluia.... Nigerians too are now buying gov't properties in foreign lands, no be only our properties foreigners dey up for grabs... Make me sef do quick, go buy Detroit pistons..

Make sure your hard working.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi – The Man Who Bought Britain’s Gatwick Airport by STUNTS007: 5:30am On Aug 31, 2012
Quite impreesive! Aftergoing through Mr adebayo's profile, i'd say a big thumbs up to him.Nigerians in diaspora doing us very proud.

Apart from contributing his quoata to the US and UK, i'll also love him make to make more financial commitement in addtiion to the advisory role being performed. cool\

Am inspired!

(1) (Reply)

6 Digits Cardless Offline Pos Needed Urgently / How Do I Track A Scammer Through His Phone Number / What Can I Do With 1 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.