Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,727 members, 7,844,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi (20912 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Wicked But Funny BBC Comment About John Mikel Obi / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Gah!! I thought dude had died!!!!

I was like. . .when did that happen? shocked shocked

Guess that was the intention of the Author, eh?
If Mikel Obi is your relation, will you post this?
2 d topic jare, Mikel is a good player. He stabilize Chelsea's game.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by mmmustapha(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
grin I wanted 2 hear death news, how cn it reduce d price of garri cheesy
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Ironi: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
As far as am concern mikel is the second best mid fielder in africa after Yaya Toure... Viva madrid

You can easily count the number of times his legs touches the ball in every game, has no imagination and creativity.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by SisiKill1: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
If Mikel Obi is your relation, will you post this?
2 d topic jare, Mikel is a good player. He stabilize Chelsea's game.

Errrr. . .Was I the one who posted Mikel Obi's Passing or what are you going on about?

Some times sentiment overides common sense (That's if even there was ever common sense in the first place) undecided
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Nasri100(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
grin grin
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by ujukala: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
I don't do sport
miteolu: story! story!! sto...ry!!!
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Joey82(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
i think at chelsea, the ball gets passed around mikel a lot because chelsea adopts a more cautious style of play and are less attacking in philosophy compared to other top clubs in europe.
if u look at how many times mikel gets in contact with the ball, it is far more than how many times defensive midfielders in other elite clubs gets in contact with the ball. i think it will be easier on mikel if chelsea adopts a more attacking style of play.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by CyberG: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
And where are the GRAPHS?? angry angry
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by murtalaa(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
Someone should please ban the word "garri" on this forum just like the f word and co. I feel like smashing my screen whenever i see that quote.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by 1forall: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
Misleading headline! Disingenuous at the very least!
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by 1forall: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
CyberG: And where are the GRAPHS?? angry angry

I was wondering too
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kayoshi: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
I really don't think anyone will come to SPORT section to read news about cost of GARRI smiley

Oh, and I want to change the topic but don't know how.

JOHN OBI MIKEL IS NOT DEAD!!!!!
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kayoshi: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
CyberG: And where are the GRAPHS?? angry angry

click on the source link
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by bigx(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
chucky234: Na because price of garri you come dey quote entire post,guy try take Lonart make your malaria go.

Artesunate works better for me, Thank You.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by 1forall: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
You need to be careful with your writing to avoid raising false alarm. Click on the modify button just beneath your initial post and modify the topic from there.

You also need to modify the post quoted above here *now removed* and stop spreading false news inadvertently.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kayoshi: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
1forall:

You need to be careful with your writing to avoid raising false alarm. Click on the modify button just beneath your initial post and modify the topic from there.

You also need to modify the post quoted above here and stop spreading false news inadvertently.

Thanks.

Thanks
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by avalontony(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
how much be d form to join garri association of naija?
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by vislabraye(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mikel has good ball control but he likes to play safe too often. Hardly would he loose the ball because he would have passed it to the nearest available person. And who else apart from Petr Cech cheesy.

He needs to show his presence more in the field of play. And who says DM can't score. If JT a defender can score why should he make attempt.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by omicron(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
grin
murtalaa: Someone should please ban the word "garri" on this forum just like the f word and co. I feel like smashing my screen whenever i see that quote.
So how does this comment of yours affect the price of g**** in the market... grin lol
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Stevez32(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
bigx:

Waiting for the "price of garri" speculators
After Quoting All Dat, This Is The BS You Came Up With? SMH!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by kcpragmatik(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
d last time i checked "doubt-clearing" never needed a Long-boring-Story/FolkTale!!!
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by 27naira(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
Na who hide my garri post? angry

Why the moderators dey show themselves na? As if they don't know that in Nigeria, consumption index of garri is used to determine the ave. standard of living. I know alot of people here complain about "how does this affect the price of garri viral quote" let me give you some free education: Garri is the staple food in Nigeria, consumed by 100% of 182+ million Nigerians. We in the National Bureau of Statistics uses the price of garri as the benchmark determinant for changes in inflation percentile. For instance, with the introduction of cassava bread and the introduction of Hungry man supa pak Indomie noddles, cassava flour demand has risen by about 0.224pct which has an inflationary tendencies. Mikel Obi is GEJ's boy, very soon, you'll see him on billboards asking you Nigerians to consume cassava bread, if you heed to this, don't complain about the subsequent increase in garri price. you can ask Sanusi if you doubt me. :p

Mods. I abeg don't hide my post kiss

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by bigx(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
Stevez32: After Quoting All Dat, This Is The BS You Came Up With? SMH!

You expected something better? Kid!! *smh*
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by UyiIredia(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
He may pass well but I don't lnow him for efficient tackling; an important quality in a DMF, one which the likes of Makelele had in abundance.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by dantti2006(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Makelele happened to be the best DM the world has ever seen and his entire career didn't score up to 15 goals and he played for madrid in the galatico Era. And as 4sideways passing. Lookup bacra statistics all their possesion is accumulated thru sideways and backwards passin. Mikel is the roamin midfielder behind that allows chelsea retain possesion and switch play wen then want to and in Wigan and Readin game mikel was good. Lampard was lost and no1 talks abt that. Football lovers tend to love d goalscorers and 4get d men behind who make it possible for goalscorers to get their goals

1 Like

Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Gonzaga1010(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
I don't know why naija did not like dat guy. But d guy is gud
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by zikclassiq(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
ajf: Some peeps can be stupid ehn?!! You don't need to quote the poster we are all talking about the same topic aren't we??
i wonda o. D tin tire me sef
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by jayjam(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]atleast he maintains stability in the chelsea midfield and has been constitent in that regard,he's one of chelsea's best midfielders.take it or leave it
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by Machini(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
comechop: Quite amazing how daft we nigerians can be at times.

Go read up on some chelsea forums and check out the guy's worth to the chelsea team. He performs his duties excellently as a holding midfielder. Thats his job. Yes he occasionally goes forward and one can see that he has quite the excellent passing IQ going forward, but he choses to remain back because that is he duty. Who is going to give the defenders support when frankie lampard is ALWAYS running to the box everytime chelsea has the ball?

Haters will hate sha o - thats what we do best in Nigeria. He's accomplished more and earns more than most of you that are bashing him.

seriously? Earns more than most of dem? They born dem well make any of dem dey earn more dan mikel. The last time I checked Mikel earns £80,000 WEEKLY!!!
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by andyanders: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Gah!! I thought dude had died!!!!

I was like. . .when did that happen? shocked shocked

Guess that was the intention of the Author, eh?

He is doing and editorial advert for Mikel and he will get paid next season.
Re: Interesting Article About John Mikel Obi by lordhugo(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
and i thought the dude was dead....DUH!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Road Safety Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / 4000 Fans To Watch Super Eagles Match Today At Abuja National Stadium / Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.