Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

From The Trenches: How Dropbox Solves Their Scaling Problem... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / From The Trenches: How Dropbox Solves Their Scaling Problem... (953 Views)

[source Code] A Program That Solves A Transportation Problem - By Frank UMEADI / Connecting To Ms Access On Dropbox / How To Create Your Own Dropbox App/Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From The Trenches: How Dropbox Solves Their Scaling Problem... by delomos(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Many solid points that hits home, to quote on of the points:

"Pretty standard. The reason why we chose each of these things was the same — reliability. Even memcached, which is the conceptually simplest of these technologies and used by so many other companies, had some REALLY nasty memory corruption bugs we had to deal with, so I shudder to think about using stuff that’s newer and more complicated. My only suggestion for choosing technology would be to pick lightweight things that are known to work and see a lot of use outside your company, or else be prepared to become the “primary contributor” to the project."

http://cloudspring.com/scaling-lessons-learned-at-dropbox-from-4k-to-40-million/

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Designer? / MTN Customers Have Th Chance To Win A Blackberry Q5 Or A Nokia Lumia / Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.