Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) (953 Views)

Learn Web Design With Video Tutorials From Nairaland -HTML,CSS,BOOTSTRAP Etc. / #12 Web-scraping W/ Python & Learning Nscalendar (from My Blog) / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by asalimpo(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Seun, and mods.
Have u thought of makg an application tht cud make it easier to mine,harvest,aggregate, cross search for articles/posts on this site without the primitive limitations of d current version?the browser version.
E.g this room (programming) has as at this posting 140 pages.
The only way to go thru them is by clicking,link after link.
Cross referencing is impossible.
Duplicate posting is inevtable.
Getting all d posts here sorted in alphabetical order isnt presently possible.
User experience is limited to d rooms first page articles.
Theyre many artcles the user couldav consumed but wont cuz he'll never wade thru to them.

The browser aint enuff- a special app is. A miner.
Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by Seun(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Use the search feature bro. It allows you to restrict searches to sections of interest. It allows you to search for first posts only, images, etc.
Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by GodMode: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
so, he didn't close the thread..... hmmm, anyway what you want is a bot to scrape data...
Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Seun: Use the search feature bro. It allows you to restrict searches to sections of interest. It allows you to search for first posts only, images, etc.

Seun, please I need to change My username. Please help me do that, at least it is better than deactivating my account.

Please change it to "Reppy"

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
bbpreye:

Seun, please I need to change My username. Please help me do that, at least it is better than deactivating my account.

Please change it to "Reppy"

Thanks.
and you think he would reply you with that signature you put for there ? grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Jregz:
and you think he would reply you with that signature you put for there ? grin grin grin grin grin grin

He alone and all other Garri Generals understand my signature..
grin grin
Re: Mining Nairaland (without Scraping Html) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
bbpreye:

He alone and all other Garri Generals understand my signature..
grin grin
lol..ok nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1)

How Good Should My Coding Skills BE!! (.net And PHP) / Codex Programming Or Cms? / G3 Mobile Games Developers' Meetup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.