Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China (13754 Views)

Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Arik Air Gets Us Govt’s Recognition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Femzy24: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
U.S Visa: Nigeria, Brazil, China To Get Priority Attention

The United States has listed Nigeria, Brazil and China as priority nations on its visa application following a surge in consular demands, a consular officer, Mrs. Patty Neary, said on Wednesday.

Neary told journalists in Abuja at the country’s Embassy weekly briefing that more than 40,000 visa applications had so far been processed in Nigeria this year.

She said that the figure represented 11 per cent increase over the 2011 fiscal year.
Neary said 75 per cent of the applications were for tourist visas, while 25 per cent accounted for student, business and official visas.

She said that a majority of the applicants were granted visas.

The consular officer warned applicants against patronising touts and expressed the Embassy’s commitment to continue to provide consular services to Nigerians, and reduce the wait time.

``You do not need to go through anybody to help you with visa application. By doing it personally, you will aid us to push away touts; you should make your own appointment and fill out the forms yourself.

``You are responsible for everything in your application,’’ the News Agency of Nigeria quoted Neary as saying at the briefing.
According to her, aside the 160 dollars payment for tourist visa, no extra money is charged.

Neary advised applicants to plan ahead while preparing for a trip, in view of the six months wait time to process visa.
She also urged students to apply 120 days before the beginning of their studies.

``Our goal is that every qualified student visa applicant is able to begin his or her programme of study on time,’’ the consular officer said.

link: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/59501-u-s-visa-nigeria-brazil-china-to-get-priority-attention.html
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by tpia5: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
more of a priority than before, when they were already a priority?

why not just make the US visa free for nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Femzy24: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
tpia@:

u like awoof, grin grin..
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by 1800bc(f): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
so what is going on...US have something in their pockets o! did hillary Clinton not say Africans should beware of the Chinese? Ok

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Chanchit: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
They should catch the touts them self nau, sebi they have technology...
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by dasparrow: 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Post

I am not impressed. As usual, americans have something up their sleeves. How many of the said applications get not just processed but also approved? Abi na to dey chop the people visa application fees without granting them the visas americans sabi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
so they can retain all talented and brilliant students after graduation, farouking
them to become citizens. angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Callotti: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
Time to import new WILLING slaves from Nigeria. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by OAM4J: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2012
good.
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2012
'fake' news
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Navalsadiq(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2012
NO PLACE LIKE HOME.THE BEST FINS IN LIFE AIN'T FOR FREE.THERE IS ALWAYZ A PRICE TO PAY.LONG LIVE NAIJA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by mamikky: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2012
Ok now, Nigeria is on track
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2012
1800bc: so what is going on...US have something in their pockets o! did hillary Clinton not say Africans should beware of the Chinese? Ok
i'm also wondering o,hilary probably said that to portray chinese as evil to us,but with this statement,they've only countered their words
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by chucky234(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2012
1800bc: so what is going on...US have something in their pockets o! did hillary Clinton not say Africans should beware of the Chinese? Ok
That's not to say Chinese will not be granted entry into the US,haba madam.
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by mrrock: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2012
U.S economy is down. They need people to revamp their economy.
They are in wars. They need people to join their military.
U.S & especially U.K gives nothing for free. Unfortunately most of us don't know it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by chucky234(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2012
illitrate: so they can retain all talented and brilliant students after graduation, farouking
them to become citizens. angry angry angry angry
More like Shymmexing,lol
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
Warreva ... Wetin concern me wit dia visa? US is lyk d last place I'll want to visit, so screw dia visa!
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by laidback(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2012
40,000 X $160 = $6,400,000 at least made from Visa processing fee this year alone. But 40,000 applications, na so Nigerians dey try enter that place?!!
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by PaulJohn1: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2012
chucky234: More like Shymmexing,lol

Also Bityending and Ileke iding grin grin
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by wandeay: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2012
more than 40,000
visa applications had so far been processed in
Nigeria this year.
pple wan commot by fire by force

back 2 topic
this is one of GEJ's achievement
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by mapet: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2012
I was at the US embassy in Lagos on Tuesday. I guess they are more lenient and humane now. I observed the ECs were more friendly but also objective. I saw them give more than 60% of pps b4 my turn.

The small drama was a little lady that sat 2seats away. We were close to the cubicule, hence we could hear the conversations between the ECs and the applicants. Any time the ECs says "I'm sorry I'll have to refuse you VISA at this time...." this lady sitting close to us will exclaim "Ah!", more like her heart wants to jump out of her mouth. The elderly man sitting close to me had to tell her "young lady, be calm, your case is different from them" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Shaw007(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2012
tpia@:

LOL. . .u think sey na empty hen wey be say everything na promogrin
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Shaw007(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2012
EyesWideOpen: Warreva ... Wetin concern me wit dia visa? US is lyk d last place I'll want to visit, so screw dia visa!
if ur a tourist that just enjoy travelling and visiting places. . .U.S is not a bad place 4 tourists o!
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Shaw007(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2012
But come o!! Foryy tauzan??
Na so una wan cOmOt this wonderful country??
NaIja is d placE 2 be. . .eh
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2012
If they like they should become VISA-free to Nigerians, As for me, I love Owerri more than New York. I go to Brazil for sex tourism, wetin I wan go do for USA again, that economy is going down. I rather invest in my motherland. Our electricity has improved.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Shaw007(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2012
Well well. . .thank GOd
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2012
Hahahaha Lmao, i can see Us with their games, Nigeria, Braziland & china. They know that either they like it or not Nigeria is coming to rule the world and nobody can stop us. Can nobody Hold us down..who knows we gat to keep on moving...Please fellow Nigerian's let be calm, we will regain all our lost glory it is just a matter of time. APART FROM OUR POLITICAL PROBLEMS WHICH MAKES OUR ECONOMIC UNSTABLE...ALL THE SMART PEOPLE KNOWS THAT WE ARE THE NEXT. THAT IS WHY THEY SAID NIGERIA IS A VIRGIN LAND BUT ONLY THOSE SEE BEYOND THEIR NOSE WILL UNDERSTAND. WAKE UP NIGERIAN'S

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by AdeniyiA(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2012
a typical way of MODERN slave trading and brain draining. (we even pay money?)
our leaders and politicians shud just cover their heads in shame for dis news n for makin d standard of living low.
sincerely my ppl lets come 2geda n make dis country a beta place cos NO PLACE LIKE HOME O
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by hurricaneChris: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2012
It was very funny hw ''one of d admin guys'' at d University of Pennsylvania sent my frnd 3mails in two weeks tellin him his admission has been processed. Lo and behold my frnd bleeped dia admission and is headin to Denmark nw. Reason being that he might not come bak here again if he goes to the USA because his very ''good'' in d sciences
Re: Nigeria Gets US Visa Priority Attention With Brazil & China by honiye(m): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2012
I once read a report from U.S dept of state that Lagos U.S visa office receives over 100,000 applications monthly and thats why there is delay in visa processing.
You can imagine what the U.S is earning on monthly bases from one of the poorest countries in the world.

Thats a country who is desperate about improving its national economic standard.

Now calculate 100,000 X 140USD ($140 is the lowest visa processing fee) = 14,000,000USD, then covert to naira with the current exchange rate.
on monthly bases from lagos visa office alone not to talk of abuja.
Tell why why they wont prioritize Nigeria when they know what comes as revenue for them in this so-called poor country.
They simply scammed us more than the yahoo boys scammed them.

Sorry for you Nigerians, most of the applications are from desperate youths who want to go for greener pastures; the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Airport Upgraded To Operate Boeing 700-737 And Equivalent Planes / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Onyishi Honoured With NANS' Highest Medal. / Giant Of Africa (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.