Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,984 members, 7,956,672 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? (1093 Views)

The Hook Master, Brymo Features On Playboy's New Song. / My Grind From Mo'hits Of The Hook / Who's Your Best Hook Or Collabo Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by lolaluv1(f): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
I remember the first time I heard Oleku. I was in this cool, hip cafe and it was being replayed over and over again. When it got to the chorus, I felt a sensation akin to goosebumps. I found myself asking, who da heck is this guy? I am of the opinion that it was the chorus that made the song a hit (my opinion, and I'm entitled to it kiss).
Some producers also seem to agree because they stress on the fact that to get a hit, you must make an unforgettable chorus. Probably the reason why 'Chicken noodle soup' became a moderate hit undecided.

Secondly, the beat!! A lot of producers would tell you that the first time they heard a particular beat, they knew it was gonna be a hit. I love beats too. Sometimes, I find myself nodding to a beat instead of listening to lyrics. When 'Pac's songs come on, I am in the zone because to me, beats don't get much better than that!! cheesy (again my opinion).

Thirdly, the almighty lyric.
Lyrics are known to become hot lines that even small kids chant on the street. I bet Boyz 2 men know a lot about the power of a great lyrical piece. After all, words have the power to move the emotion of even the most rigid of men! Sometimes, the lyrics of a song just connects with people and they find themselves falling in love with the song. I love some songs, simply because of their lyrics.

So, to you - What makes a song a hit?
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
The right combination of all factors make a hit song.
Lets say making a song is like cooking a meal. You should have a perfect taste to produce a good song.
The ingridients for the tasteful dish i.e hit song includes the lyrics, rythm, hook, chorus e.t.c depending on the music genre.

With a perfect combination of all these, you are bound to top the charts.
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by 2makeit(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2012
Honestly dat is something i have been asking myself for years.....but all great hit songs have something in common.

Beats, Delivery and Beat.

But there are some exceptions of course....if the song have a good financial muscles pushing it with time it will sink into peoples head.
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
lola.luv:
I remember the first time I heard Oleku. I was in this cool, hip cafe and it was being replayed over and over again. When it got to the chorus, I felt a sensation akin to goosebumps. I found myself asking, who da heck is this guy? I am of the opinion that it was the chorus that made the song a hit (my opinion, and I'm entitled to it kiss).
Some producers also seem to agree because they stress on the fact that to get a hit, you must make an unforgettable chorus. Probably the reason why 'Chicken noodle soup' became a moderate hit undecided.

Secondly, the beat!! A lot of producers would tell you that the first time they heard a particular beat, they knew it was gonna be a hit. I love beats too. Sometimes, I find myself nodding to a beat instead of listening to lyrics. When 'Pac's songs come on, I am in the zone because to me, beats don't get much better than that!! cheesy (again my opinion).

Thirdly, the almighty lyric.
Lyrics are known to become hot lines that even small kids chant on the street. I bet Boyz 2 men know a lot about the power of a great lyrical piece. After all, words have the power to move the emotion of even the most rigid of men! Sometimes, the lyrics of a song just connects with people and they find themselves falling in love with the song. I love some songs, simply because of their lyrics.

So, to you - What makes a song a hit?
are u intrested in becoming an artist.
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by tpia5: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
2makeit: Honestly dat is something i have been asking myself for years.....but all great hit songs have something in common.

Beats, Delivery and Beat.

But there are some exceptions of course....if the song have a good financial muscles pushing it with time it will sink into peoples head.

i agree.
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by lolaluv1(f): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2012
dj militant: are u intrested in becoming an artist.

Nah. Just a lover of music. And it intrigues me why I like some songs and remain indifferent to others.
Re: What Turns An Ordinary Song Into A Hit? The Lyrics, The Hook Or The Beat? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Its all in the ears they say, thats why u have a diff taste 4 each kind of sound.

(1) (Reply)

Rexx - Original Ft Brymo [Video Download] / Full Maheeda Naked Pics Leaked View Here / Download Music: Olamide Ft Wizkid - Confam Ni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.