Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? (5389 Views)

GOOD Movie About African Martial Art, Capoeira, And NIGERIAN God Eshu / Lucifer As The Olósí (not Esu)of Yorùbá Mythology / Why Is Esu Associated With Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 5:04am On Aug 30, 2012
Is Esu the same personality as Jesus? . What does the cross symbolize? Step in here and find out.

I will invite and encourage engagement, I know people have their versions of who Esu is and so feel free to share. There are diferent versions of Jesus story out there....which versiom do you have? Share! How about the cross, what is it and what does it symbolize? Tell your version.

1 Like

Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chief Negro, welcome back to this side of nld. Lol

Eshu? The stories I heard about eshu (elegba) are :
He's the gatekeeper btw the realms of man and the gods. Jesus according to the bible qualifies for same role.

He's the god or Orisha of tricks, sexuality and deciet.

In everyday life and from personal observation, eshu is associated with evil, ill luck etc.

I fail to see the connecting dots btw both. Ok aside both entities acting as a "bridge" btw a bigger God and man .

1 Like

Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Whaaaaaaat!! lol. Im thankful for your opening response my sister, in particulr setting the background for his paradoxical image. Im not saying Eshu and Jesus are the same.......neither am I saying they are not. I want to share what I know and equally learn from others knowledge. I have heard that other cultures beside the Yorubas have an Eshu persona in their cultural beliefs as well, though with a different name. If you have a deity parallel to Eshu please tell us what he/she is called and include the persona in the discussion. I used "he/she" deliberately here because in my contributions on the topic I intend to lift some of the mystery on the subject of duality in nature. There is nowhere more suitable to discuss the he/she or masculine/feminine balance than here talking about Eshu.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. Wishing you and your family well :-)

1 Like

Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by amor4ce(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2012
Shu - ancient Egyptian

1 Like

Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^^dont listen to this. he is suferring from an Egyptian obsesssion. he should be packed off to Cairos Tahrir square and he can join the Arab Spring on the streets.

anywayz back to the topic.

Esu = a trixter. not necessairly evil nor good. a Divine force. immortal.

jesus = mortal man, liar, magician, brainwasher, etc

the only similarity is that both are trixters. the first one tricks the course of events while the second one tricks man.

1 Like

Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by ifyalways(f): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
^ ^ Pagan undecided
All that for Jisos ?
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by ifyalways(f): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
I think eshu can be said to be Ekwensu by Igbos.

If Eshu is a neutral entity,why then is it associated with evil in Yoruba land ?

Pagan do you understand Yoruba?Can you define Eshu from this song,church praise.

Gbogbo eshu wa l'owo mi gbe kilosi
eh oluwa mi oh,d'awakpada fun mi oh. . .
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by Afam4eva(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
ifyalways:

All the satan(eshu) are in my hands...
My God oh, return it to me oo grin
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by ifyalways(f): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Afam, that's an epic fail. cheesy

Did you miss the gbe ki lo si part?

The song is simply saying : God take away all my pains/loss(eshu) and restore all that I have lost.

My question was for Pagan who said eshu is a neutral entity undecided
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
ifyalways: I think eshu can be said to be Ekwensu by Igbos.

If Eshu is a neutral entity,why then is it associated with evil in Yoruba land ?

Pagan do you understand Yoruba?Can you define Eshu from this song,church praise.

its obvious isnt it that is a church praise song. they obviously term everything associated with us Pagans as base evil. they even wont hesistate to call Shango evil, forget Esu.

i dont know Yoruba.
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Well well well.....pagan is flirting with my sister,.

Aboru boye... I will put you on the altar for Ogun if I smell your preaence within five mile radius of Awka.

Lol, just kidding bro!
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

its obvious isnt it that is a church praise song. they obviously term everything associated with us Pagans as base evil. they even wont hesistate to call Shango evil, forget Esu.

i dont know Yoruba.
Yes. The Esu concept that is associated with evil and the bad, is the result of the colonialists.
Esu (sphere) is the permanent movement, is the first to be independent of creation is the great communicator between Aiyé and Orun ...
Know apologize, dear friends, but I, for training I am not in favor of any kind of syncretism, nor American, nor African ...
For that reason, I do not see any similarity between the Jewish Jesus and Orisa Esu.
But that does not think we move away from each other ... just are opinions ...
My respect and affection to all!
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
I hate this new version of nld, its why i have reduced my participation ........i just lost a lengthy composition, very well written and quite insightful. oh well!
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
I refuse to recompose but here is a link on Yoruba alphabets at the beginning of standardizing the tongue. Observe the front cover of the primer and what it saya about looking for equivalents throughout the primary European languages to give tonal meaning and sound so the language can be represented in latin alphabets.

http://books.google.com/books?id=KyFKAAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover&output=html_text&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0

Yoruba had writing when England arrived on our soil so why not leave the tongue and letters as they found it or at minimum used the preexistig letter for conversion to latin, afterall thats how their own different alphabets and sounds in Europe evolved?

There are two reasons for this, one of which waa Soudan. This is what I tried to narrate in the lengthy composition that I lost. All the nations in West Africa that had Imperial states had a bond to Soudan. That bond was torn away from everyone of them and by the time the European states had firmly settled in all the West African states has been reoriented from Soudan-facing to Atlantic Coast-facing, including far off Mali and as well Soudan's next door neighbour ElKanem.

This change of tongue was carried out by the action of the Christian Missionary Society , CMS, which ought appropriately to be named Criminal Missionaey Syndicate.

In the primer you can see self evidential truths about their biased goals of twisting elements of divinity and worship in Yoruba language away from its functional form to a Greek definition of what God should be and have as associates. Thia is how and why we lost Eshu.
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by amor4ce(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2012
When the HELLenists conquered Egypt they introduced 'Serapis Cristus'. When they took over ancient Israel they introduced 'Jesus Christ'. These oyinbo people also have manuals for the use of economic blockade and their christian missions to infiltrate and take over other nations. One of such is 'Secreta fidelium crucis' by Marino Sanudo, another is 'Liber define' by Ramon Llull, and there's another written by Pierre Dubois for a crusade to be directed by Philip IV of France. These I presume were applied to Africa and Africans.
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 1:03am On Sep 04, 2012
amor4ce: When the HELLenists conquered Egypt they introduced 'Serapis Cristus'. When they took over ancient Israel they introduced 'Jesus Christ'. These oyinbo people also have manuals for the use of economic blockade and their christian missions to infiltrate and take over other nations. One of such is 'Secreta fidelium crucis' by Marino Sanudo, another is 'Liber define' by Ramon Llull, and there's another written by Pierre Dubois for a crusade to be directed by Philip IV of France. These I presume were applied to Africa and Africans.

Dude, i like the way you think. The economic blockade waa part of what i lost in the earlier composition.

England likes to celebrate itself as the champion who put a stop to slave trade. Its bs! In 1800 England, which English man of pedigree background do you know that will abandon family and country to go on the high sea and wilderness of Africa chasing after slave traders and rescuing their cargoes? Which Englishman of worth and decency would destine himself or his son to such a career in which he is living and sharing quarters with sea vagabonds? None! The act by England to stop slave trade was to sanction and blockade American growth and emerging power. America had defeated them in the revolution war and equally defeated their ally and protege in the American civil war. It is no secret that British financed the Southern statea. If they had such an altruistic purpoae to truly stop the sufferig of the African, then why supported the South against the North or even why exploit the same people in Africa they supposedly were stopping from exploits of slavery in America? We must ask if theae Englishmen were truly noble and raised with a value system.

They were pirates and vagabonds.......rejects in their own society and their exploits at sea was extended into their strategy and means of gaining control of the people and their land. Thier ignoble background explains their intolerance for other people way of life.
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by amor4ce(m): 1:28am On Sep 04, 2012
If you can, get those books ASAP before the white supremacists make further efforts to hide them from the public. 'Secreta fidelium crucis' by Marino Sanudo is not available for free despite its being composed in 1321. Also, I have not been able to find an English translation and I suspect it is available mostly or only in Latin because that would expose their imperialist actions.

You may have already noticed that while black African symbols/representation of spirituality were meant to serve to convey messages and teach lessons, eg the ọgọ-Eshu and the pendant of cowries on carvings of Eshu, the oyinbo religious symbols placed were meant to impute an attitude of superiority for the oyinbo and inferiority for others. The oyinbo placed emphasis on worthless things like the shate and texture of hair and beard, shape of nose, eyes, muscles, veins, prick (which appeared puny and limp; perhaps they hadn't come across many Negroes then), skin complexion, etc. This they transferred to Serapis Cristus, Jesus Christ and Christianity.

After imputing inferiority complex into Negroes which weakened us mentally and manifested in the replacement in our minds and hearts of Eshu with Jesus, the oyinbo were able to conquer more easily.

The oyinbo value system is described in Deuteronomy 28:49-51.
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by amor4ce(m): 1:49am On Sep 04, 2012
Let me add that there was no symbol of the cross in the Temple at Jerusalem, but there was that of the palm tree (Ezekiel 40:16,22,26,31,34, 41:18-20,25-26). Ifa's symbol on earth is the palm tree, and Ela interacts with the palm tree in the process of consultation (my tentative understanding). Other important Biblical references to the palm tree include Psalm 92:12, John 12:13 and Revelations 7:9).
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by DuduNegro: 2:12am On Sep 04, 2012
The "mariwo"
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by amor4ce(m): 4:11am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
amor4ce: When the HELLenists conquered Egypt they introduced 'Serapis Cristus'. When they took over ancient Israel they introduced 'Jesus Christ'. These oyinbo people also have manuals for the use of economic blockade and their christian missions to infiltrate and take over other nations. One of such is 'Secreta fidelium crucis' by Marino Sanudo, another is 'Liber define' by Ramon Llull, and there's another written by Pierre Dubois for a crusade to be directed by Philip IV of France. These I presume were applied to Africa and Africans.

^^^^ and here comes King Tutankhamun.. tongue
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dudu_Negro: I hate this new version of nld, its why i have reduced my participation ........i just lost a lengthy composition, very well written and quite insightful. oh well!

i feel you. it happened to me a lot of times. really frustrating. . angry
Re: Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person? by ISESELAGBA: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2013
Ptolomeus:
Yes. The Esu concept that is associated with evil and the bad, is the result of the colonialists.
Esu (sphere) is the permanent movement, is the first to be independent of creation is the great communicator between Aiyé and Orun ...
Know apologize, dear friends, but I, for training I am not in favor of any kind of syncretism, nor American, nor African ...
For that reason, I do not see any similarity between the Jewish Jesus and Orisa Esu.
But that does not think we move away from each other ... just are opinions ...
My respect and affection to all!
Please ESU is not SATAN, SATAN OR EVIL whatever you may call it is called OLOSI(the owner of left/evil/darkness). IRE OOO

(1) (Reply)

5 Interesting Facts About The Idoma People Of Benue State / Images For Royal Marriage: King Jaja Of Opobo Marries At 74 (photos) / Why Are Africans Backward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.