Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

2011 Batch C Corp Member. Is There Still Time? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2011 Batch C Corp Member. Is There Still Time? (813 Views)

See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections. / NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House / NYSC Mobilisation Time Table For 2011 Batch 'C' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011 Batch C Corp Member. Is There Still Time? by bvc(m): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
Like the title states, I'm a batch c corp member, to pass out in october. I'm serving in Inyi, Oji River local government in Enugu state.

Before I got to camp, I was into skills acquisition, including rural trainings. So, I didn't panick when I was posted to a village. I had trained rural dwellers in productive skills they can earn a living from in a couple of villages before, so I was sort of familiar with rural dwellers.

I succeeded in hosting a free skills acquisition training (that I sponsored 70%), the Igwe was supposed to help with publicity(tell youth leaders); we had a town crier spread the news; we went to 80% of the churches in the village to inform them about this free trainings.

They had a very poor attendance, they were like 7 adults and 10 teenagers and 15children. I wasn't encouraging.

A youth leader there hinted me that his people hate to learn. That he forced 2 teenagers to come for it personally. That we should not worry.

Now, the thing is, I want to do more. I want to impact the lives of these people before I leave them finally in october. I don't mind sponsoring what ever suggestions I get, I just want to impact lives in what ever way possible.

What can I do to impact the lives of rural dwellers posively and productively, with the available time?

Your suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!!
Re: 2011 Batch C Corp Member. Is There Still Time? by DisGuy: 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
always collect as much numbers as you can,ask anyone who gives their numbers to give you three other friends/relatives' phone number
then text them repeatedly and entice them with prizes at the end of each training

free snacks an soft drinks for participants wink

(1) (Reply)

Chat Room For Nysc Batch A 13, Enugu Team. / Call Up Number / Election Registration Training. How Did You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.