Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions (1386 Views)

Ionic: Back Button Not Working On Side-menu Template / Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? / Working On Creating A Test Database. Anyone With Sample Data For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by neuralnets: 12:45am On Aug 31, 2012
i've been looking at this cashless policy thing and i really think its going to be difficult implementing it here in nigeria. alot of things dont work here. our problems range from gross underdevelopment and high illiteracy levels, to electricity problems and crappy networks. if we are going to go cashless then these problems must be solved or atleast we find a way to do circumvent them. well..... i've been doing alot of work on creating a platform that can enable cashless fund transfers wirelessly from card to custom built device.

my target features are---
1. works without network. but you need to connect to the network before you can access transacted cash
2. ease of use. on screen everything. with images
3. affordability.- using a cheap widely available android pad
4. high security--- wireless mifare cards and pin.
5. proprietary mesh network for unbreachable off-line security
6. at least 24hours battery life

the cards could be issued as id cards to unions and schools or estates and the reader device given out for almost free. unlike the general approach now, we enlighten the masses from the ordinary people and work upwards.

i've worked out most of the kinks. but after 6 months the project is looking bigger than me alone. so much expertise is required in
1: android/linux operating systems
2: database implementation. sql...
3: c/c++ hardware programming
4: bank access plugins.
5: web access and security

currently i can successfully read and write sle5542 cards using windows pc/sc lib and i have modded a tablet pc enough to communicate with a custom avr micro controller hardware that will link up with the card reader. do you have any way of contributing to make this a reality?
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by mj(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2012
I'm a .net developer, also work with php and java, then database things, if there is any where you will require my services just let me know.
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by lordZOUGA(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
nice work you are doing sir.... But I do not understand this:
1. works without network. but you need to
connect to the network before you can access transacted cash (I thought the point of the whole thing was to make cash show up in acct immediately?)
5. proprietary mesh network for unbreachable off-line security (why won't an encrypted connection suffice or an entirely custom protocol because what you are suggesting is like making an ISP with masts and stuff.. Besides how can there be a network when it operates offline?)
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by naijaswag1: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2012

I should be able to do some thing here.

I think I have to learn C/C++ soonest.
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by myviewr: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
neuralnets: i've been looking at this cashless policy thing and i really think its going to be difficult implementing it here in nigeria. alot of things dont work here. our problems range from gross underdevelopment and high illiteracy levels, to electricity problems and crappy networks. if we are going to go cashless then these problems must be solved or atleast we find a way to do circumvent them. well..... i've been doing alot of work on creating a platform that can enable cashless fund transfers wirelessly from card to custom built device.

my target features are---
1. works without network. but you need to connect to the network before you can access transacted cash
2. ease of use. on screen everything. with images
3. affordability.- using a cheap widely available android pad
4. high security--- wireless mifare cards and pin.
5. proprietary mesh network for unbreachable off-line security
6. at least 24hours battery life

this is my email suni93@hotmail.co.uk
bring up a business proposal and explain to me how it works and possible benefit if i like it i am willing to fund the project
the cards could be issued as id cards to unions and schools or estates and the reader device given out for almost free. unlike the general approach now, we enlighten the masses from the ordinary people and work upwards.

i've worked out most of the kinks. but after 6 months the project is looking bigger than me alone. so much expertise is required in
1: android/linux operating systems
3: c/c++ hardware programming
4: bank access plugins.
5: web access and security

currently i can successfully read and write sle5542 cards using windows pc/sc lib and i have modded a tablet pc enough to communicate with a custom avr micro controller hardware that will link up with the card reader. do you have any way of contributing to make this a reality?
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by myviewr: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
my email is suni93@hotmail.co.uk i might be willing to fund this
bring up a business proposal and the possible benefits of this
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by neuralnets: 2:01am On Sep 02, 2012
lordZOUGA: nice work you are doing sir.... But I do not understand this:
1. works without network. but you need to
connect to the network before you can access transacted cash (I thought the point of the whole thing was to make cash show up in acct immediately?)
5. proprietary mesh network for unbreachable off-line security (why won't an encrypted connection suffice or an entirely custom protocol because what you are suggesting is like making an ISP with masts and stuff.. Besides how can there be a network when it operates offline?)

lordzouga. basically, the transactions can occur offline and the information is stored on the card and backups made on the pos terminal. you can only purchase on the terminal from the card. funds cannot be transferred from terminal to the card to increase security.
now when the seller want to access the cash transferred to his terminal, he has to log on a network and connect to our server. we can then verify the transactions and update his bank account as required. you can sell offline. but you cant access the cash until you log your machine unto our server. the sacrifice to operate offline.

on the area of the mesh network, i wont want to give off the full details here but basically, multiple backups of transactions are made both on card and reader to improve its security. trust me, it would take the cia+fbi to break this.
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by neuralnets: 2:04am On Sep 02, 2012
@myviewr, i'll get one down to you asap.
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by neuralnets: 2:08am On Sep 02, 2012
i'll need someone thats into linux and androids to help.
A good understanding of file/io and accessing tty devices would really solve most of the problems on the terminal.
Re: Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions by lordZOUGA(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2012
neuralnets:

lordzouga. basically, the transactions can occur offline and the information is stored on the card and backups made on the pos terminal. you can only purchase on the terminal from the card. funds cannot be transferred from terminal to the card to increase security.
now when the seller want to access the cash transferred to his terminal, he has to log on a network and connect to our server. we can then verify the transactions and update his bank account as required. you can sell offline. but you cant access the cash until you log your machine unto our server. the sacrifice to operate offline.

on the area of the mesh network, i wont want to give off the full details here but basically, multiple backups of transactions are made both on card and reader to improve its security. trust me, it would take the cia+fbi to break this.
hmm.. interesting project.. I know C++ but haven't worked with hardware before... shouldn't be that hard to grasp I think

(1) (Reply)

Database Without A Database Server Or Connection String / C# And SQL Server 2012 For Data Cleansing / Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.