Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Reason I Don`t Go To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason I Don`t Go To Church. (849 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Don,t Be A Stony Ground!........mark 4:5-6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2012
My mum attends mfm and these are the kind of diluted doctrines the pastors over there preach.

I sometimes feel slighted by the fact that she as well as most of other church members have been brainwashed into all wrong belief of fighting evil with prayers.

As i am typing this, she is planning to go to `prayer city` which i believe is just an exercise in futility and an absolute waste of time.

Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by CrazyMan(m): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
Its your thread so state your facts and what you feel should be doing that they aren't doing.

You can't possibly critize someone when you yourself lacks proper solution to whatever problems you feel they're facing.

My question to you...

If you are asked to take charge of that particular church, what kind of doctrine would you feel should be preached?

And explain why it should be preached?
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by thehomer: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
Brand_new: My mum attends mfm and these are the kind of diluted doctrines the pastors over there preach.

I sometimes feel slighted by the fact that she as well as most of other church members have been brainwashed into all wrong belief of fighting evil with prayers.

As i am typing this, she is planning to go to `prayer city` which i believe is just an exercise in futility and an absolute waste of time.

That pamphlet costs 20 naira?
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

That pamphlet costs 20 naira?
and she`s bought hundreds if not thousands of it.
@CrazyMan, if i took over the church, i would simply ask all the miracle and deliverance seekers to go back home and would turn the premisis to an institution of higher learning and all other branches to vocational study centers.

1 Like

Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Goshen360(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
As Jesus went on from there, [size=20pt]two blind men followed him[/size], calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" Matthew 9:27

How in the world can the blind follow someone they can't see? The Holy Spirit in the wisdom of God paints a picture of a BLIND generation following Jesus blindly. I was young and now am old, I have NEVER NEVER read in the NT Church where it was said that Christians should pray "fall and die" prayers to their physical or human enemies. It is an exercise in futility and highest order of delusion.
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by oiseworld: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360: As Jesus went on from there, [size=20pt]two blind men followed him[/size], calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" Matthew 9:27

How in the world can the blind follow someone they can't see? The Holy Spirit in the wisdom of God paints a picture of a BLIND generation following Jesus blindly. I was young and now am old, I have NEVER NEVER read in the NT Church where it was said that Christians should pray "fall and die" prayers to their physical or human enemies. It is an exercise in futility and highest order of delusion.

nobody prays for the death of his or her human enermies, something makes every human behave the way they do;thats the spirit the war like prayers are ment for.
eph 6;12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Goshen360(m): 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
oiseworld:

nobody prays for the death of his or her human enermies, something makes every human behave the way they do;thats the spirit the war like prayers are ment for.
eph 6;12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

spirit do NOT "fall and die", they are "cast out" and it will therefore mean the possessed person will have to be involved. Show me anywhere in scriptures where spirits (evil) are prayed to die rather than being cast out from their victims?
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by oiseworld: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360:

spirit do NOT "fall and die", they are "cast out" and it will therefore mean the possessed person will have to be involved. Show me anywhere in scriptures where spirits (evil) are prayed to die rather than being cast out from their victims?

but it would be wrong to think this people have pictures of their neibours,household or enermies in mind while saying those prayers. soo that justifies it.they don't mean physical enermies.
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
oiseworld:

but it would be wrong to think this people have pictures of their neibours,household or enermies in mind while saying those prayers. soo that justifies it.they don't mean physical enermies.

If they don't mean phsyical enemies, so can the devil (spirit) die then or will demons die?
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by oiseworld: 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360:

If they don't mean phsyical enemies, so can the devil (spirit) die then or will demons die?

the ways of God are a mistery to men. That is why he is God.
in 2 kings 13, 14-19, you would not understand what Elisha was doing, infact the king did not understand, so he shot the arrow 3times. and it was said that Elisha was wrath with him. only to get the interpretation of his action.

moreover, in Isa 9;5 For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire. that is the way of battle. we don't want to know if they die or not, but they always flee when they see serious aggresion.remember the kingdom of God suffereth violence but the violent taketh it by force. demons understand violence and they obey and flee.

even in the physical, if you have noticed wicked people fear hard people. when an herbalist or a witch threatens you, go in and bring a cutlass or a gun, they revoke their threat. thats the way it works.

1 Like

Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by oiseworld: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
i had a busy day, sorry for replying late.
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by CrazyMan(m): 5:49am On Sep 01, 2012
Brand_new:
@CrazyMan, if i took over the church, i would simply ask all the miracle and deliverance seekers to go back home and would turn the premisis to an institution of higher learning and all other branches to vocational study centers.
You didn't answer my question. undecided

My question was what doctrine do you feel should be preached and why?
Re: Reason I Don`t Go To Church. by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2012
CrazyMan:
You didn't answer my question. undecided

My question was what doctrine do you feel should be preached and why?
I am totally against indoctrination of any kind and form.

(1) (Reply)

Interpol, Swedish Authorities Aiding Saudi Hunt For Convert From Islam To Christ / Muslim Cleric Videos / Do Atheist Sleep With Animal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.