Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Pls Share Ur Fatal Virus Infection Experience - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Share Ur Fatal Virus Infection Experience (615 Views)

The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? / Virus Infection Is Mostly By The User's Fault - By Microsoft Research / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Share Ur Fatal Virus Infection Experience by samfibby(m): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
A lot of individuals and companies take for granted the protection of the datas and files in their computer likely. There have been fatal occurences of virus, worms erasing confidential and non confidential files within a short period of time. Viruses have been around as far back as the computer itself. Recently, i walked into a high profile multi-national IT company with a branch in lagos to check out a new line of products. I had to transfersome files from their office computer with my flash into mine. Low and behold, the antivirus i had renewed that morning was able to detect over 345 harmful programs. It was a close shave for me, a guy from one of the big advertising companies was not lucky as the entire files and a sample of a logo meant for a big project 4 a bank was wiped out from his flash and computer. All hell was let loose, i learnt it took them 3 months to develop the logo. The only saving grace was a copy left with his boss in the office. I learnt his boss was the no-nonsence type, who would pull the sack trigger at any provocation. I could only watch helplessly as the poor dude paced the room in frustration. All the company could say is the usual "WE ARE VERY SORRY, SIR".

pLS SHARE UR FATAL VIRUS INFECTION EXPERIENCE.

(1) (Reply)

Help- Set-up Ubuntu12.04.1 Or Backtrack5r3 As A Router And Webserver / Dell D620 Laptops @40k / Gmail Users Or People Who Email Them Should NOT Expect Privacy GOOGLE CLAIMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.