Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (13897 Views)

Etisalat Modem In Exchange For A Universal Modem / Advice On The Best Modem In Town / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by ifeci: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2011
Hi Guys, I use starcomms Izap and its annoyingly slow. MTN Fastlink is much better than starcomms. I want dispose my starcomms and buy another so which do you use or which do you guyz recommend?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by GIGATT: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2011
etisalat easyblaze
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by success4(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
Go for SWIFT-NETWORK best so far
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by nevosys(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
Glo has the best, reliable internet across Nigeria, they have 3G WCDMA/HSDPA in all the major town in Nigeria. Glo are busy upgrading all their network coverage to 3G while Etisalat is busy making mount about easyblaze which is only accessible in less than 6 cities in Nigeria. GLO rules the word of Broadband in Nigeria.

Stream Video on YOUTUBE
Make Clear VOIP calls including skype Video calls
Run your application on the cloud without timeout.

GLO 3G is the Best.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by pendusky(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2011
Swift networks is the best in lagos so far, i use it to watch livefootball. Outside lagos depends on ur location.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2011
Etisalat is super fast. Am amazed by its speed,never knew it was possible to have such fast Internet connection in 9ja.
My only concern is how long the speedy connection will last,cos nutin good seems to lasts in this country. Anyways,I just hv to enjoy it while it last. Lol.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by SoftTech: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2011
I believe is UGO Modem from Cobranet. I am happy with it.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Joey82(m): 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2011
GIGATT:

etisalat easyblaze

Gbam!!
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by ChScott(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
Give unwired a trial! It will convince you
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by damola1: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
SSM Nigeria Universal USB internet modem is the fastest, because it allows me to use the most affordable and reliable ISP anytime.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by adultebony(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
Confusion break bone!
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
etisalat easyblaze Rock!!
but Glo has the Widest Coverage , almost every town has Glo 3G cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by LagosBoi2(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
adultebony:

Confusion break bone!
YEEPA
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by bandely(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2011
success4:

Go for SWIFT-NETWORK best so far

pendusky:

Swift networks is the best in lagos so far, i use it to watch livefootball. Outside lagos depends on your location.

Mhen na Swift all the way o. In Lagos though!
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by browze: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mobitel 4g
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Dokai: 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2011
The best nationwide/overall is glo. Its WCDMA/HSPDA is not restricted to a selected few cities.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by maclatunji: 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
Abeg all of Una wey dey shout Etisalat make Una no make me break something O. I am on Etisalat and all I get is slowblaze. Mention the area where you enjoy this superfast connection in Lagos.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by damola1: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2011
maclatunji:

Abeg all of Una wey dey shout Etisalat make Una no make me break something O. I am on Etisalat and all I get is slowblaze. Mention the area where you enjoy this superfast connection in Lagos.
Maybe you are using a voice sim, that's not 3G enabled.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by FlyboyZee: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
If you are in Bayelsa State, the only network you can use for a seemless, sweet sailing, high flying, wonder jet internet experience is Glo 3G. It is wonderfully superfluous, and enigmatically intelligent. If you can stand fast and furious internet, then get the Glo modem.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Wallie(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
I can't really tell you which is faster but I do know a thing or two about the technology behind broadband and the fastest will depend on: (1) reception, (2) number of concurrent users which is also related to the number of subscribers, and (3) your computer.

Assuming all the providers are using 3G, the fastest to you will be the one that has the least amount of concurrent users (people using it at the same time) when you're in an area with coverage.

However, not all providers are using 3G. I think Swift is using WiMAX which is way faster than 3G if you're in an area with coverage and there's no bottleneck in their network. Any internet connection is only as fast as its weakest point. It is possible that WiMAX data will eventually be routed on 3G backbone.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by abiamahart: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
I use glo offshore and Abuja location quite fAST but very slow at the office in lagos
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by zeembab(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
MobitelĀ  4G Broadband is the fastest no doubt about it.

Is the only broadband internet with up till 3Mbps consistently,

Not sure of the service outside Lagos, but I have used Glo, Etisalat, MTN, SwiftNetwork, and nothing compares to Mobitel 4G the network
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by horny4u(f): 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
IPNX the best i have ever used.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Kamali(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
Etisalat all the way.I use all the 3G network(GLO,MTN) and Etisalat for me is leading right now.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by dljbd1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
gloBABA
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by dljbd1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
dl_jbd:

gloBABA
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by mikepeace(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2011
If u are in lagos just go for swift 4G, it works just as if i am in the uk using virgin Broadband, which is one of the best in uk
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by manitobor(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
I love Etisalat so much! kiss
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by passyjango(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
I will say, choose between Glo and Etisalat. Personally, I currently use Glo with Etisalat and MTN as backup.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by prosperup(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
Etisalat eazyblaze. Never seen such fast internet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Upgrade To Windows 8 / Is VoIP available in Nigeria? / Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.