Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? (62111 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It? / Rental Business - How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by chinneji: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2006
I have heard much about this cassava chips exportation buisness. I wish to take part in it, but unfortunately I lack the necessary info to do the business. Please, could anybody help?
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Jalal(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2006
Check out this site for more info http://www.nepc.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2006
Wow, every job seeker creator should read this site:

http://www.nepc.gov.ng/produce/cassava.htm

If you're interested in Cassava exportation, please download and read this:
http://www.nepc.gov.ng/article/cassava.pdf

Export procedure:
http://www.nepc.gov.ng/content/guidelines/exportprocedure.htm

Good luck!
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by blakconjee: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2006
Chinneji,

I believe ur best bet to get importers would be for u to join alibaba.com. They have a list of peop-le looking to import all sorts of products including Cassava. If u need anymore info., hail me.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by blakconjee: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2006
Chinneji,

Of course thats after u have read the info. from the link to the NEPC that Seun has provided.

Cheers
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by ijasan(m): 12:58am On Sep 20, 2006
i am highly interested in the cassava export business. who can kindly help me withn useful info.my no is 08034182398
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Radiant(f): 1:13am On Sep 20, 2006
Hmmm! Chinneji Holdings, importer and exporter, firing and forwarding grin Try and contact Omotola Jalade's husband grin
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by cammax7(m): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2006
I have more than 50 hectares of land for farming. But no capital to start up who wants to partner with me. Bring the money, I have the farm. And I'm talking cassava farming.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Seun(m): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
I also have a dream of being involved in Agriculture but I'm not sure that this is the right time.

Tell me cammax7, how much do you think you'll need to turn your land into a cassava farm?
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by nico(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
cammax7
I have money but I can't get my hands on it yet
until I'm adult
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by kellybaba(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2006
cammax7:

I have more than 50 hectares of land for farming. But no capital to start up who wants to partner with me. Bring the money, I have the farm. And I'm talking cassava farming.

Where is your Land and whats d size like? and what amount are u looking at in dis regard.Pls revert or mail me on :mcjohnsonk@yahoo.com
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by robby1(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2006
The govt promised the farmers to cultivate cassava and that even if it is excess then they will buy it from the farmers many farmers are complainin that they cant sell their cassava. the government promised to buy excess cassava from the farmers but u all know nigerian govenment. the farmers with excess have been left to rot with their produce and that is very discouraging. this actually happened in my villa. the planted like twenty plots and the havesting time is near still the government are not making any moves. thats very discouraging cry
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by cammax7(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2006
@ Seun

I'd say about 800,000 to 1 million. We would cross plant with maize.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Seun(m): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2006
The govt promised the farmers to cultivate cassava and that even if it is excess then they will buy it from the farmers many farmers are complainin that they can't sell their cassava. the government promised to buy excess cassava from the farmers but u all know nigerian govenment. the farmers with excess have been left to rot with their produce and that is very discouraging. this actually happened in my villa. the planted like twenty plots and the havesting time is near still the government are not making any moves. thats very discouraging

r_o_b_b_y, if there's nobody to buy cassava doesn't that mean it's a bad investment. Why should government be promising to buy cassava when there is no demand for it. They are trying to establish corporate welfare here. The farmers should process their cassava and use it to make garri if they can't find industrial buyers for it. That's why we are always saying, government should not attempt to controll markets. Yet you people will never listen. angry

I'd say about 800,000 to 1 million. We would cross plant with maize.
What do you think about r_o_b_b_y's comment about cassava farmers in Nigeria apparently having no buyers?
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by cammax7(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2006
I'll disagree with r_o_b_b_y. There are buyers! In India and China there are buyers, all you have to do is look for them, establish a contact say before planting. Pharmaceutical companies in India I hear are one of the biggest buyers of cassava chips. so make no mistake about it there are buyers
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by robby1(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2006
how does a village farmer contact the buyers in china and india?
what i am saying is that the govt promised to help these farmers to export their produce,and that peradventure there are no buyers,then they (govt) will buy it all up from the farmers to make sure that they(farmers) do not loose anything but now these same farmers are saying that the govt is not keeping to their promise. thats just my point. i didnt say its a bad business.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2006
In that case there's nothing to complain about. You can help the farmers to sell their products and earn a healthy commission in the process. Just use www.alibaba.com. You have no need for the government's help!!
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by robby1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2006
are u offering me a business opportunity?
i'll get someone in naija to do that for me. thanks wink
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Seun(m): 2:31am On Oct 07, 2006
Someone said:
You can help the farmer as been rightly said by seun. All you have to do is register as AGENT on (www.alibaba.com ) with your authentic company name and help collcet the product from the farmer and sell to china and indian buyers. The same thing with Garlic, Chili-pepper, Gingger etc,

Sola
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Elewide: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2007
embarassed As a middle man i am linked up with many farmer that are waiting for their cassava to be export to other country.if you know any company that buy cassava for exporting i will be glad if you can give me their address. it must be a company in Lagos or other Western Nigeria.Thanks.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by crazyT(m): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2007
I am about to set up an importing company (in Holland) to import cassava (flake, starch etc) from Nigeria, but the guy I discussed with in Nigeria turns out to be more concern about me getting him visa to come to Europe than the business it self. It's as if am stranded now because my Europeans contacts are ready but I have no agent to deal with in Nigeria. I am looking for a reliable company or agent in Nigeria that I can work with. So if you know of an agent looking for (Naija) European partner just mail me at
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by fatherE: 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2007
I am looking for cassava dealers in Nigeria, contact me for immediate discussion at this email address:efebrume@yahoo.com
very urgent.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Femtex(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
With Bio-technology gaining ground everywhere, rumors of Nigerians consuming 10% Alcohol as additives with pms, with the whole world going green, with the right technology and economics put in place, there will always be market for Cassava and other ethanol producing raw materials for commercial purposes. Instead of us exporting all these Raw Materials to other part of the world, we ourself are in a better place to use these raw materials to produce high yield, High Quality, better grade ethanol and later export the refined product to other part of the world. I'm pretty sure its a matter of time B/4 Nigerians understand and realize that there is a lot of money to be made by setting up ethanol plant using Cassava, maize, guinea corn, millet, grass as Raw Materials.

Sight always determines direction and longetivity.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by TerraCotta(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2007
Femtex:

With Bio-technology gaining ground everywhere, rumors of Nigerians consuming 10% Alcohol as additives with pms, with the whole world going green, with the right technology and economics put in place, there will always be market for Cassava and other ethanol producing raw materials for commercial purposes. Instead of us exporting all these Raw Materials to other part of the world, we ourself are in a better place to use these raw materials to produce high yield, High Quality, better grade ethanol and later export the refined product to other part of the world. I'm pretty sure its a matter of time B/4 Nigerians understand and realize that there is a lot of money to be made by setting up ethanol plant using Cassava, maize, guinea corn, millet, grass as Raw Materials.

Sight always determines direction and longetivity.

Great points. This company, based in Minnesota, is already building a $50 million biofuel production factory in Taraba state (using sugarcane, not cassava). They've done several infrastructure projects in the old Soviet republics, and they're supposedly working on the Lagos light rail project as well. Biofuel production's definitely an underappreciated sector in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by hbrednic: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2007
i will advice you to plant sugar cane ,instead of cassava,have a long time goal and make room for continued expansion.
with ethanol u have something much more than gold in your hands.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Thethy(m): 11:49am On May 13, 2009
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by gowaga68: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2009
I need some info on where to get buyers of chilli pepper,cassava chips,Manganise Ore,And Arabic Gum.
you guys are doing well,pls more info.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by croj(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
hello all, export business is not that hard. well,  my company deals in the business of finding buyers for every of your products. i mean genuine buyers, so if you are interested in getting this genuine buyers,

mail me om naijabizhelp@yahoo.com
there you will find all the contacts you might need.
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by Adeydotun: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
does anyone know the local names for gall stones in cow?
Re: Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? by monopolist: 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
I need about 1000 Cassava Stem cut for planting this season (the best type).

Anyone willing to sell at cheapest price or willing to partner with me should contact me on kingolusola@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) / Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.