Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,507 members, 7,954,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Women And Birthday Party? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women And Birthday Party? (923 Views)

Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video) / Women And Perfume / Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women And Birthday Party? by blasterman(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
I am just wondering the mentality of women and party. Why is it when ur woman knows you have some chicken change they always know how to create one occasion to celebrate. The biggest case is this birthday party syndrome that i classify as a waste.im just wondering what is the fascination with birthday party?
Re: Women And Birthday Party? by plappville(f): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
blasterman: I am just wondering the mentality of women and party. Why is it when ur woman knows you have some chicken change they always know how to create one occasion to celebrate. The biggest case is this birthday party syndrome that i classify as a waste.im just wondering what is the fascination with birthday party?

Everyday is special to me, celebration of birthday is full of pride, The zeal to buy the most expensive clothes, the best food, the hair thing.
Some even go far to borrow money just to celebrate it. I know someone who would spend all her last money to celebrate and after party, No money in the account, the credit card will be empty hehehehe.

Birthday celebration is full of nothing but pride, Its a foreigne historic tradition.
Re: Women And Birthday Party? by blasterman(m): 12:38am On Sep 02, 2012
plappville:

Everyday is special to me, celebration of birthday is full of pride, The zeal to buy the most expensive clothes, the best food, the hair thing.
Some even go far to borrow money just to celebrate it. I know someone who would spend all her last money to celebrate and after party, No money in the account, the credit card will be empty hehehehe.

Birthday celebration is full of nothing but pride, Its a foreigne historic tradition.
I thot as much " I want have a ceremony mentality" is just to show off to friends. I don't hate celebrating but what I can't stand is senseless parties ESP when you the proposer do not intend 2 spend a penny apart from running around inviting ppl.
Re: Women And Birthday Party? by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 02, 2012
blasterman: I am just wondering the mentality of women and party. Why is it when ur woman knows you have some chicken change they always know how to create one occasion to celebrate. The biggest case is this birthday party syndrome that i classify as a waste.im just wondering what is the fascination with birthday party?
lol u remind me of my dads younger sister who came to meet my dad dat she wanted to celebrate her 4oth birthday in a grand style,my father said if u meet me for ur childrens school fees,ill give u,if u com to me to start a bisness or ure sick,ill give u.how can u com to me for 5oo thousand naira for a 4oth birthday celebration den she said in yoruba,broda mi,arent u happy am 4o,av vowed to myself dat wen am 4o ill do it big and my dad said,its bad enof u left ur husbands house because u want to b partying every saturday,i dint mind,i covinced u to go back,u said uew happy without him,even if i will giv u d money which i bliv if i do am indulging u,u av to go back to ur husbands house,she said broda me tel me somtin else,dis one is not possible and my dad said den kiss my money good bye and walked away,she celebrated her birthday anyway because she was determined to.it was her daughter dat later told me dat it was one of her man friends dat gave her d money.i just smiled and told her motigbo (av heard) wen i saw my aunty,aunty tayo,i told her dat her kids are growing o and dey are watchin u,do u want dem to follow ur footsteps,dey are in secondary school o,u said wo my younger sister,ur dad doesnt understand me,even u sef,if u live with my husband,u cant spend more than one week bfor u run away.i said if u dont listen to me,av listened to u,just remember tomorow and she said abeg live dat mater and lets jist jo
Re: Women And Birthday Party? by plappville(f): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
The problemem with people with such mentality is that, they put the immediate pleasure first before anything.

Someone without savings, how can u just wake up an beg money from someone to celebrate ur birthday shocked shocked your dad did well. I admire His response to ur aunt.
I personally don't buy gift for any adult who wish to celebrate her/his birthday because that is the first thing they aim.
They are other means to get together with friends and family than the socalled birthday celebration.
Re: Women And Birthday Party? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
^^^^^^hey ma sœur, ce que tu as écrit en premier, c'est un sacrilège!!!!!!

@OP
it doenst really matter what people come to beg for, BE HONEST about how you feel or what the money is for and be done with these parisites! and if you are not ready to tell them the truth to their faces, then you have to give them excuse of your own.

how hard is it really to say NO to someone? how afraid are men of today that they cant even stand for what they believe? how DESPERATE are they for coochie that they would rather pay up this ransom demand, just to make sure that they still have unrestricted access to the toto.

here is a clue of what you should be telling them:
- I am sorry honey, but flowers is the only thing i can get you.....but as the saying goes "its the gesture that counts", right?
- I am in a saving mode at the moment darling, so pls takes this box of chocolate, as i am saving for a new car (or whatever)?
- me myself i dont own such extravagant item and yet you want me to buy one for you?! i am sorry but i just CANT DO THAT.......take what i am offering, and thats my final offer!

also, as a great friend of mine use to say, if a gal doesnt buy you anything for YOUR bday then there isNO REASON why you should buy her anything (whatever her excuses may be).......and if she buys you a 3000Naira gift, then whether you are a multimillionaire or not, buy her a 3000Naira gift back.

and last but not least, a great way to deal with these parasites who like to demand demand demand is to just say NO....... give a gift when YOU feel that this person deserves one, and BASTA!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Washing Twice / Half Of Girls In South Sudan Forced To Marry / How To Organize An Affordable Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.