Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album (8998 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Chimamanda Adichie Featured On Beyonce's Flawless' (Video) / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by airmark(m): 4:34am On Sep 03, 2012
Our very own D’Banj will be on the G.O.O.D Music album “Cruel Summer” which is billed to drop in about 2 weeks. The album tracklisting has just been revealed and the first thing I looked out for was the name “D’Banj”. Can’t wait to listen to “In The Morning” (Track 5) with Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi and ofcours D’BANJ!

Kanye West and a few of his members of his G.O.O.D Music crew (Pusha T, Big Sean, Common and honorary member 2 Chainz) brought down the house at Jay-Z's Made in America Festival on Saturday night, building anticipation for their upcoming Cruel Summer album, currently due on September 18. Now we have a tracklisting for the LP, check it below.

Cruel Summer Tracklisting:

1. “To the World” – Kanye West, R. Kelly
2. “Clique” – Kanye West, Jay-Z, Big Sean
3. “Mercy” – Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
4. “New God Flow” – Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
5. “The Morning” – Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D’Banj
6. “Cold” – DJ Khaled, Kanye West
7. “Higher” – The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma$e
8. “Sin City” – John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
9. “The One” – Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10. “Creepers” – Kid Cudi
11. “Bliss” – John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12. “Don’t Like” – Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/02/good-music-cruel-summer-tracklist/

Congrats Dbanj
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by martyns303(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2012
Finally! I guess he was not "akpan" after all.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by ektbear: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2012
sweet
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tellwisdom: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2012
Make i hear am first undecided undecided
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by seedord247(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2012
This niqqa is really making it menh.... His song (oliver twist) was used to advertise one alcohol drink like that on VH1 and BET.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Rhino5dm: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2012
This news is going to hit the pack of hating mongrels like hurricane Katrina. I'm loving this joor. OooooSsssHhhhEeeee. Lebete!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by SoocoolTM(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2012
congrats d.banj!! lemme celebrate by drinking "garri" and kuli kuli
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by timmy1999(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2012
Illuminat for life
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Maxdiamond(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2012
Kanye west,y did u jst feature D'banj in only one track out of d tracks u did?

2 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 03, 2012
Max'diamond:
you no want make dem sell?

7 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Ejine(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2012
I'm starting to get the feeling Kanye West isn't the type to sit and watch his protege rise above him. undecided
Cuz I can't name any of his artists who've really hit it big after their union... Like he chokes their fame and elevates himself some more.

But then again, much as I don't like D'Banj's music (as I feel he's completely talentless), his exposure would still go a long way in helping Nigerian music in general.
So, at all at all, na im bad pass cool
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by megxo(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2012
sheyie2007:
you no want make dem sell?
HAHAHAHAHA........ HABA BROS, MUST U BE SO TRUTHFUL? grin
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by megxo(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2012
BT SERIOUSLY, DO U GUYS THINK HE'LL BE GIVEN UP TO A VERSE IN DAT SONG.......
I FEEL HE'LL BE MORE OF A BACK UP #JST SAYING# lipsrsealed
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by strongguy(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2012
man no want d progress of his fellow,bad belle everywhere.u like it or no not,d guy has made his fortunes,a great entertainer,keep it moving.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Rhino5dm: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2012
How many times him don feature ya fada? Haters gonna hate!

Max'diamond:
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by acidtalk: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2012
* Laugh make me go wake Michael Jackson, Witney Houston, Biggy and Tupac to feature in my forthcoming album to drop next week*

Okay I have seen it.
But how come Kanye West DISTANCEhimself from the track?
He kept his foot soldiers to just freelance on a track under his album without featuring in it and we are excited?
This still remains a big shame.

I bet DBanj might have offered a couple of hundred thousand dollars to pay his way to feature on that album so he can save his head from the continuos and excessive bashing from Nigerians and how he is being a house rat in Good Music.

2 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tadeola1: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2012
That track is just a consolidation track it feature al good music peeps on it.guess dbanj just said a word.Be there fooling ur self in America with kanye.

3 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2012
Seven artist in one track and he is one of them, kanya West O bad ooo, You want to Akpanise Mr endowed grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by ujukala: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2012
Nice music.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2012
I no dislike Don Jazzy neither do I like D'banj.
But ds collabo s a nice dev. & a + 2 D'banj's CV. Thumbs up Mr Dapo.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Onyenna(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2012
Can't wait......
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by princeFAD: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Seven artist in one track and he is one of them, kanya West O bad ooo, You want to Akpanise Mr endowed grin grin
just what is on my mind
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by zaza1(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2012
People can hate sha..he appears in "Mercy" video they say they did not see him,those that saw him said he was jumping about like a houseboy..another group say he is working as akpan for Kanye West..they will never notice that Oliver Twist was played during half time at various events at the 2012 olympics,they will never remember it was also played on "Eastenders"..they will never notice is presently the theme song for Martini commercial being aired in the US and UK,they will nevr notice when he performed recently with Rita Ora at her concert,they will never remember Kanye WEst coming to Uk to perform at their concert in UK..they will never remember all this..even when he is featured on the GOOD music album..they are quick to ask "why just one song?","I am sure he only sang small inside"..blah,blah,blah..why the hate?..righrt now D banj and Nneka are the two most recognised Nigerian artistes internationally..rather than celebrate this people will hate because he and Don Jazzy parted ways..whether he can sing or not he has tried and should be commended for his hustle..his progress will be good for Nigerian Music by extension because it will bring international attention to Nigerian music..but I giess HATERS will always be Haters

21 Likes

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by buchibabe: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2012
Max'diamond:

Abi o.I'm sure dats just to make him feel he belongs to d clique when in actual sense,he's just a siddon look. Hope he even had up to 3 lines in d song sef?

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by alaoeri: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2012
And they say D'banj is wack, D'banj pls continue with your wackness if that's what 'll bring more success & accomplishment. Thumps up eja nla osheeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by alaoeri: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2012
Max'diamond:
When 'll u ppl stop hating & leave D'banj alone, before u ppl are complaining that he's yet to do a song with kanye, now he feature in his album & still complaining that its just a track free D'banj or what else did u want from him.

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by KakiP(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2012
why won't he be featured? isn't he part of G.O.O.D Music? Mstcheww, Big Deal!

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tuasefemi(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2012
zaza1: People can hate sha..he appears in "Mercy" video they say they did not see him,those that saw him said he was jumping about like a houseboy..another group say he is working as akpan for Kanye West..they will never notice that Oliver Twist was played during half time at various events at the 2012 olympics,they will never remember it was also played on "Eastenders"..they will never notice is presently the theme song for Martini commercial being aired in the US and UK,they will nevr notice when he performed recently with Rita Ora at her concert,they will never remember Kanye WEst coming to Uk to perform at their concert in UK..they will never remember all this..even when he is featured on the GOOD music album..they are quick to ask "why just one song?","I am sure he only sang small inside"..blah,blah,blah..why the hate?..righrt now D banj and Nneka are the two most recognised Nigerian artistes internationally..rather than celebrate this people will hate because he and Don Jazzy parted ways..whether he can sing or not he has tried and should be commended for his hustle..his progress will be good for Nigerian Music by extension because it will bring international attention to Nigerian music..but I giess HATERS will always be Haters

52 likes

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by safarigirl(f): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2012
Just because people don't share your opinion doesn't make em haters. Not everyone will like D'banj, welcome to the world. Everybody shouting Oliver twist like D'banj is solely responsible for the success of the song. I bet if he got an award he won't acknowledge those who contributed. One hit song is what is hyping the guy, MC Hammer did 'Can't touch this' who no play am? Where is the artiste now? Na to feature in Kanye album be am? Is it until some nutjob in US or UK approves the song that inferior Africans will know their worth? Only thing this continent is good at is eating from Oyibo hand, if a whitey doesn't approve of it, then it's wack. How does Oliver twist improve anyone's life? Na to talk 'shakey bum bum, you must need the gon gon' na im go end Boko Haram or provide good health care? These things will remain with us long after your white neighbour has deleted 'Oliver twist' from his music library, so what's the noise about? Congrats to D'banj sha, hope he's investing just in case music doesn't pay the bills in 2 years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#adam - A Song By A Nairalander (play & Download) / KSB - 'Majesty Ebube' (Video) / Bella Shmurda Ft. Olamide – Vision 2020 (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.